The Weather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Weather

We are in the second of the two hottest months of the year during a summer that ranks among tghe warmest in recent memory. 

The Sox have just played 20 games back to back without a break.  During the hottest days of an especially hot summer, even in Boston. 

The Sox have the best record in the AL and the best road record in MLB. 

Thus it would seem reasonable for Francona to have parceled out a few off days among his stalwarts--Youk, Pedroia, whoever. 

But not to some Sox fans who lambasted Francona for not starting Pedroia last night.  Go figure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: The Weather

max, I agree. Pedey deserved a day off.

This is one of the things that Tito does best - rotating his players and keeping everyone fresh and in the game.  No burnouts, thank you.

Next up for a day off should be Gonzalez, IMO.  He has played all but one game.

Maybe if Gonzalez is spelled, he will get that HR swing back - you know, the one he left at the All-Star Game HR Derby.

Tito has more to think about than days off, as well.  What to do about Drew?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Global warming hoax revealed:

Too much hot air from unconfirmed sources.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The media downplays the rumours of global warming:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to The Weather:
    [QUOTE]We are in the second of the two hottest months of the year during a summer that ranks among tghe warmest in recent memory.  The Sox have just played 20 games back to back without a break.  During the hottest days of an especially hot summer, even in Boston.  The Sox have the best record in the AL and the best road record in MLB.  Thus it would seem reasonable for Francona to have parceled out a few off days among his stalwarts--Youk, Pedroia, whoever.  But not to some Sox fans who lambasted Francona for not starting Pedroia last night.  Go figure. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just think if they played baseball the way it was supposed to be played.....during the day! These guys would probably pass out by the 5th!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Let's see, too cold in April and October, too hot in the summer. That essentially leaves May for Goldilocks.
    I think the heat is getting to Francona. Maybe HE needs to take some time off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: The Weather:
    [QUOTE]max, I agree. Pedey deserved a day off. This is one of the things that Tito does best - rotating his players and keeping everyone fresh and in the game.  No burnouts, thank you. Next up for a day off should be Gonzalez, IMO.  He has played all but one game. Maybe if Gonzalez is spelled, he will get that HR swing back - you know, the one he left at the All-Star Game HR Derby. Tito has more to think about than days off, as well.  What to do about Drew?
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

make it look like an accident.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Weather : Yeah, just think if they played baseball the way it was supposed to be played.....during the day! These guys would probably pass out by the 5th!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

If they played baseball during the day, I would miss all the games.

Well not really, I would be forced to record them. But I'd always know the score ahead of time, because people can't keep their mouths shut.

I usually "pass out" by the 5th too. On the sofa. The games move at such a snail's pace with all the posturing by pitchers and batters. I mean really, step out of the box after every pitch, spit on your hands, adjust your jock, adjust your elbow pad, tug on the batting gloves....they used to call that a rain delay!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Global warming hoax revealed: Too much hot air from unconfirmed sources.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]GOOD ONE ZILLY !!   YOU WERE READING MY MIND, SON !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

How do you think the teams like Texas and other warm climate teams survive this weather?  They almost always have long periods of really hot weather, (although, probably not as hot as it has been this year). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

We are in the second of the two hottest months of the year during a summer that ranks among tghe warmest in recent memory.

Global warming can only be stopped by elected Obama. Getting unemployment under 9% can only be done with another stimulis to creat more shovel ready jobs.

Dog days are part of baseball, every year.

Sections
Shortcuts