The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley--beni--2817. Show smiley--beni--2817's posts

The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

Guys, you have to ask yourself, can the Yankees even put 9 people on the field on opening day.  With Granderson out, they appear to have only 2 outfielders.  A-Fraud is out, Jeter is hobbling around and they have no catcher.  As has also been widely reported, they have no prospect in the farm to help them.  I said last week that the Yankees would be bringing up the rear in the AL East dogfight, and it looks like Smiley is going to be right on the money again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

Article the other day, reports asking Posada if he would come back. Sad state for the media and sad state of the Yankmees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ellsbury would look good in pinstripes !!   Let's cut a deal !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Ellsbury would look good in pinstripes !!   Let's cut a deal !!!

CC Sabathia for Ellsbury straight up!   LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Refresh me on last year's prediction with the slow and old Yanks. If you saved that post, please re-post it. I need to see how truly  prognostic you really were. Just wondering.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Els numbers shot up drastically after his injury recuperation. After that year, his numbers are the real Els' numbers. May be a case of questionable recovering methods. Just saying. But with the 150' right field pole, he would do well in the Stadium.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Refresh me on last year's prediction with the slow and old Yanks. If you saved that post, please re-post it. I need to see how truly  prognostic you really were. Just wondering.

Ok. We'll find it and keep posting it year after year. Eventually it will be right on the money. Like maybe this year?

PS....Canseco available...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Ok. We'll find it and keep posting it year after year. Eventually it will be right on the money. Like maybe this year?

LOL...no, thanks.....his head gives up more homers than our worst pitcher :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Article the other day, reports asking Posada if he would come back. Sad state for the media and sad state of the Yankmees.

Then what is 73 wins? Tragic?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

This is true; and one day a tornado shall hit as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

Guys, you have to ask yourself, can the Yankees even put 9 people on the field on opening day.  With Granderson out, they appear to have only 2 outfielders.  A-Fraud is out, Jeter is hobbling around and they have no catcher.  As has also been widely reported, they have no prospect in the farm to help them.  I said last week that the Yankees would be bringing up the rear in the AL East dogfight, and it looks like Smiley is going to be right on the money again.

Again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I HEAR SORIANO RUMORS HERE AND THERE AND COULD BE A REAL DEAL.  BUT THE YANKS HAVE TO GIVE UP A TOP PROSPECT OR TWO TO LAND SORIANO SINCE THE CUBS ARE EATING MOST OF HIS SALARY.  THEO'S GONNA DEFINITELY ASK FOR EITHER BANUELOS OR BETANCES.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I HEAR SORIANO RUMORS HERE AND THERE AND COULD BE A REAL DEAL.  BUT THE YANKS HAVE TO GIVE UP A TOP PROSPECT OR TWO TO LAND SORIANO SINCE THE CUBS ARE EATING MOST OF HIS SALARY.  THEO'S GONNA DEFINITELY ASK FOR EITHER BANUELOS OR BETANCES.  

Sean, would/could he risk waiting for a guy coming off TJ surgery??...i think that maybe because of his age they'd do it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Worst Yanks lineup in two decades New York poised to have its worst Opening Day lineup since 1991

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Worst Yanks lineup in two decades New York poised to have its worst Opening Day lineup since 1991

It's pretty bad. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

It's pretty bad. 

Better hope Jeter is fully healed and Youk stays healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

It's pretty bad. 

You trying to cheer me up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

It's pretty bad. 

That's asking alot; plus Youk's bat speed isn't what it used to be. The C situation is a joke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's pretty bad. 

You trying to cheer me up?

I call it as I see it. Or, at least I think so. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

It's pretty bad. 

That's asking alot; plus Youk's bat speed isn't what it used to be. The C situation is a joke.

the catching situation in the MLB isn't too good so you shouldn't lose too much in positional disparity.. and Youks bat speed may not be what it once was but he can still work a count which should help you guys out. Even so, I forsee the yanks having a rough year. Don't know much about your farm but i don't think you have any cavalry slated to arrive anytime soon either. A lot of guys need to step up and you certainly need near perfect health going forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

It's pretty bad. 

the catching situation in the MLB isn't too good so you shouldn't lose too much in positional disparity.. and Youks bat speed may not be what it once was but he can still work a count which should help you guys out. Even so, I forsee the yanks having a rough year. Don't know much about your farm but i don't think you have any cavalry slated to arrive anytime soon either. A lot of guys need to step up and you certainly need near perfect health going forward.

mef, that right there is certainly a tall order, i think we've all watched the game long enough to know it's always something, that 06' Sox team( to use a boxing metaphor) kept dodging the right hand(day to day injuries) only to get hit with an uppercut( mass injuries)...just saying irt health you gotta get lucky too..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

It's pretty bad. 

mef, that right there is certainly a tall order, i think we've all watched the game long enough to know it's always something, that 06' Sox team( to use a boxing metaphor) kept dodging the right hand(day to day injuries) only to get hit with an uppercut( mass injuries)...just saying irt health you gotta get lucky too..

i couldn't agree with you more. After the last 3+ years being ravaged by injuries i just hope we can stay healthy. Win lose or draw i just want the sox to have a fair shake. But it's easier said than done...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

Jeter will be fine. As for Arod it could turn into addition by subtraction. On the surface it appears the yankees are in trouble. Time will tell. I'am not ready to wear black but unless Hal lets the moths escape his wallet it could be curtain time. I still prefer a competitive Sox / Yanks season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yes the yankees have no farm system to either put players on the field this season or make trades.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you do have Pineda though..... but i expect he will be on an innings limit coming off of major surgery..

Sections
Shortcuts