The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

In response to mef429's comment:

you do have Pineda though..... but i expect he will be on an innings limit coming off of major surgery..

My comments were tic.

Yankees best prospects are a year away however there will be a few new faces in 2013.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I just find it comical that the Yankee farm is given absolutely no credit here.

As it doesn't exist.

There could be some impacting rookies this season.

They do have a few decent prospects.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

As it doesn't exist.

One just got lit up in the first inning vs the Orioles.

Nik Turley an A-ball pitcher last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

As it doesn't exist.

i just assumed there was no top flight prospects ready (or slated to be ready) this season... i live in NY and i haven't heard anyone talking about one. Not in the papers or analysts (then again, i'm not actively LOOKING for it too). Just figured if they had someone they would have talked about them since they are looking everywhere for spare IF'ers and now OF'ers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The late Steinbrenner would have gotten Stanton from the Marlins, spend $1 billion during the offseason, and dump A-Rod for throwing baseballs to female fans.  

I hate the Yankees but at least the late Steinbrenner had balls bigger than the state of New York.   LOL  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

As it doesn't exist.

i just assumed there was no top flight prospects ready (or slated to be ready) this season... i live in NY and i haven't heard anyone talking about one. Not in the papers or analysts (then again, i'm not actively LOOKING for it too). Just figured if they had someone they would have talked about them since they are looking everywhere for spare IF'ers and now OF'ers

I'm surprised, Mark Montgomery has been mentioned in numerous articles and has pitched well in the AFL and has a very good chance to be in the Bronx very early on if not out of camp.

Last Sunday the NY Post had a full page story about Slade Heathcott who Damon Oppenheim the head of Yankee player personnel has said is an impact player and would be in the Bronx this season.

Heathcott was drafted in 2010 and has a tendency to run into fences chasing balls. His progress was slowed last season for the same requiring shoulder surgery. He finished the season at AA then played extremely well in the AFL. 

Plus numerous pitching prospects will be up this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

As it doesn't exist.

Some of the Yankees top prospects are outfielders but the three best could be a year away.

Mason Williams, Tyler Austin and Slade Heathcott.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

As it doesn't exist.

Some of the Yankees top prospects are outfielders but the three best could be a year away.

Like all Yankee prospects, the current crop is a year or two away ... from falling off the prospect list and fading into obscurity.  

There are 4 Yankees on the BA top 100 list, and only Tyler Austin has played as high as AA, and that was all of two games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

As it doesn't exist.

Like all Yankee prospects, the current crop is a year or two away ... from falling off the prospect list and fading into obscurity.  

There are 4 Yankees on the BA top 100 list, and only Tyler Austin has played as high as AA, and that was all of two games.

Mark Montgomery will be up early 2013 if not out of camp.

I remember being on this site 2004-5 and reading from the posters here about the enthusiam toward a 2nd base prospect named Dustin Pedroia when there was no mention of another over in the Yankee farm system named Robinson Cano who flew in under the radar.

I've seen enough Yankee hopefuls and Sox prospects who were hyped here  to know that out of the many who are great prospects very few actually blossom into stars.

Staying healthy especially for young pitchers is half the battle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

But all that being said Yankee and Sox fans are fortunate in the respect that they are able to watch young players come up through the system and adapt to playing in the major leagues.

Other fans of small market teams not as fortunate.

I think that is one of the reason I love baseball more than any other sport being able to watch the farms and able to watch young players develope.

And I might add that all of us have had expectations of prospects dashed when they get up to the big time.

I remember watching Mark Melancon come up through the Yankee farm system his set-up man was David Robertson all the way up through AAA.

I never would have imagined that Robertson would have much better success with MLB than Melancon.

Just goes to show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yankees pitching prospects have fallen from grace (a bit). But I've heard good things about Mason Williams and Sanchez.

Are the Sox in a better position than the Yankees?  I guess it depends on how you look at it.  I for one say yes,  but being in a better position will not 100% guarantee outcome.  Our farm is superiour to the Yankees, but that doesn't mean we will develop more stars over the next several years.  Sox have the chance to, but until it happens they are only prospects.  sox have better payroll flexibility, but we can sill spend poorly, and as screwed as the Yankees are now, they will be looking much slimmer in several years if they can swallow a couple bad seasons.  

Yankees are still a talented team, maybe not as scary but until they actually stink we can't say much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Yankees pitching prospects have fallen from grace (a bit). But I've heard good things about Mason Williams and Sanchez.

Are the Sox in a better position than the Yankees?  I guess it depends on how you look at it.  I for one say yes,  but being in a better position will not 100% guarantee outcome.  Our farm is superiour to the Yankees, but that doesn't mean we will develop more stars over the next several years.  Sox have the chance to, but until it happens they are only prospects.  sox have better payroll flexibility, but we can sill spend poorly, and as screwed as the Yankees are now, they will be looking much slimmer in several years if they can swallow a couple bad seasons.  

Yankees are still a talented team, maybe not as scary but until they actually stink we can't say much.

I remember reading all the posts here how the Sox had stolen Craig Hanson right out from the under the noses of the Yankee system he pitching college ball for St Johns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Then you have someone come into camp like Mariano Rivera who in his home country of Panama was a shortstop who had just started pitching. On the gun for Yankee scouts 85-87 mph with a fluid motion so the Yankees seeing raw talent signed Mo for 3k..

Btw Mariano was a flop as a starter in the Yankee system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Prospects will break your heart.  If there is ever a sure thing, they are already in the bigs doing it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

As it doesn't exist.

Yankees have a number of young pitchers who will be promoted this season.

Here are two who pitched today:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/hot-gifs-rondons-slider-kahnles-fastball-82943/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And another who pitched this afternoon, Mark Montgomery nasty slider.Who I spoke of earlier. A candidate for the pen.

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/hot-gif-action-mark-montgomery-2-82948/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

More Mark Montgomery:

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/hot-gif-action-mark-montgomery-78697/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

As it doesn't exist.

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/hot-gifs-rondons-slider-kahnles-fastball-82943/

"yankees have a number of young pitchers............"

same old same old nonsense zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Will you EVER learn???????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

exactly  HH

GM

let me share part of an email I sent yesterday B4 this thread was started

''way 2 much kiddy love on BDC lately

nobody more guilty of that than TWM over the yrs

kinda of surprised 2C it's even coming from some of the posters that I thought would know better

of course I can't say anything without looking like I'm just trying to rain on their parade ''

slomag makes a key point

he just weakened it by singling out ny

my point is

'' Yankees count six players among Baseball America’s 2011 Top 100 Prospects list''

that included the 3 famous killer B's

and now there is none

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

exactly  HH

GM

kinda of surprised 2C it's even coming from some of the posters that I thought would know better

of course I can't say anything without looking like I'm just trying to rain on their parade ''

slomag makes a key point

my point is

'' Yankees count six players among Baseball America’s 2011 Top 100 Prospects list''

and now there is none

Banuelos is still in the system recovering from TJ surgery.

No mention of Eppley or of Phelps last season.

Safety in numbers, the more pitching prospects you have the more likelyhood of one or two panning out.

Of course you had no problem shipping Montero out for Pineda another overlooked point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

As it doesn't exist.

I knew the stalker would take the bait.

I remember when he was knocking Austin Jackson as a lousy prospect when he was in the Yankee system, then after he was traded to the Tigers taking the other side of the argument going on how the Yankees got the wrong end of the stick with the Granderson trade that Jackson was going to be a star.

Not much has changed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

I know you prefer trading prospects for established players like Tyler Clippard the Nats closer who came up through the Yankee system who the Yankees traded to the Nats for Jonathan Albaledejo.

Or trading Zach McAllister who is in the Indians rotation this season for the great rent a wreck outfielder Austin Kearns.

How did the Mike Lowell trade work out?

Now we have Montero for DWI Pineda rehabbing from shoulder surgery.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I know you prefer trading prospects for established players like Tyler Clippard the Nats closer who came up through the Yankee system who the Yankees traded to the Nats for Jonathan Albaledejo.

Or trading Zach McAllister who is in the Indians rotation this season for the great rent a wreck outfielder Austin Kearns.

How did the Mike Lowell trade work out?

Now we have Montero for DWI Pineda rehabbing from shoulder surgery.

LOL

what else can I say about a guy who dogged posada for yrs about his D

pining for montero

the dwi was a cheap shot honest people admit

a 1st time dwi charge can be as much about bad luck than anything else

I'm still good with pineda trade

But all that being said Yankee and Sox fans are fortunate in the respect that they are able to watch young players come up through the system and adapt to playing in the major leagues.Other fans of small market teams not as fortunate.

saw that yesterday

still shaking my head wondering what U R talkin about

however the rest of the post was good

I think that is one of the reason I love baseball more than any other sport being able to watch the farms and able to watch young players develope.

And I might add that all of us have had expectations of prospects dashed when they get up to the big time.

I remember watching Mark Melancon come up through the Yankee farm system his set-up man was David Robertson all the way up through AAA.

I never would have imagined that Robertson would have much better success with MLB than Melancon.

Just goes to show

I'll give U this  the kid looked most interesting the other day

Sections
Shortcuts