The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: The Yankee Opening Day Lineup

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

"yankees have a number of young pitchers............"

same old same old nonsense zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Will you EVER learn???????????

exactly  HH

GM

let me share part of an email I sent yesterday B4 this thread was started

''way 2 much kiddy love on BDC lately

nobody more guilty of that than TWM over the yrs

kinda of surprised 2C it's even coming from some of the posters that I thought would know better

of course I can't say anything without looking like I'm just trying to rain on their parade ''

slomag makes a key point

he just weakened it by singling out ny

Like all Yankee prospects, the current crop is a year or two away ... from falling off the prospect list and fading into obscurity. 

my point is

'' Yankees count six players among Baseball America’s 2011 Top 100 Prospects list''

that included the 3 famous killer B's

and now there is none

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

exactly  HH

GM

kinda of surprised 2C it's even coming from some of the posters that I thought would know better

of course I can't say anything without looking like I'm just trying to rain on their parade ''

slomag makes a key point

Like all Yankee prospects, the current crop is a year or two away ... from falling off the prospect list and fading into obscurity. 

my point is

'' Yankees count six players among Baseball America’s 2011 Top 100 Prospects list''

and now there is none

Banuelos is still in the system recovering from TJ surgery.

No mention of Eppley or of Phelps last season.

Safety in numbers, the more pitching prospects you have the more likelyhood of one or two panning out.

Of course you had no problem shipping Montero out for Pineda another overlooked point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

I just find it comical that the Yankee farm is given absolutely no credit here.

As it doesn't exist.

There could be some impacting rookies this season.

They do have a few decent prospects.

i just assumed there was no top flight prospects ready (or slated to be ready) this season... i live in NY and i haven't heard anyone talking about one. Not in the papers or analysts (then again, i'm not actively LOOKING for it too). Just figured if they had someone they would have talked about them since they are looking everywhere for spare IF'ers and now OF'ers

Some of the Yankees top prospects are outfielders but the three best could be a year away.

Mason Williams, Tyler Austin and Slade Heathcott.

There are 4 Yankees on the BA top 100 list, and only Tyler Austin has played as high as AA, and that was all of two games.

Yankees have a number of young pitchers who will be promoted this season.

Here are two who pitched today:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/hot-gifs-rondons-slider-kahnles-fastball-82943/

I knew the stalker would take the bait.

I remember when he was knocking Austin Jackson as a lousy prospect when he was in the Yankee system, then after he was traded to the Tigers taking the other side of the argument going on how the Yankees got the wrong end of the stick with the Granderson trade that Jackson was going to be a star.

Not much has changed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

I know you prefer trading prospects for established players like Tyler Clippard the Nats closer who came up through the Yankee system who the Yankees traded to the Nats for Jonathan Albaledejo.

Or trading Zach McAllister who is in the Indians rotation this season for the great rent a wreck outfielder Austin Kearns.

How did the Mike Lowell trade work out?

Now we have Montero for DWI Pineda rehabbing from shoulder surgery.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I know you prefer trading prospects for established players like Tyler Clippard the Nats closer who came up through the Yankee system who the Yankees traded to the Nats for Jonathan Albaledejo.

Or trading Zach McAllister who is in the Indians rotation this season for the great rent a wreck outfielder Austin Kearns.

How did the Mike Lowell trade work out?

Now we have Montero for DWI Pineda rehabbing from shoulder surgery.

LOL

what else can I say about a guy who dogged posada for yrs about his D

pining for montero

the dwi was a cheap shot honest people admit

a 1st time dwi charge can be as much about bad luck than anything else

I'm still good with pineda trade

But all that being said Yankee and Sox fans are fortunate in the respect that they are able to watch young players come up through the system and adapt to playing in the major leagues.Other fans of small market teams not as fortunate.

saw that yesterday

still shaking my head wondering what U R talkin about

however the rest of the post was good

I think that is one of the reason I love baseball more than any other sport being able to watch the farms and able to watch young players develope.

And I might add that all of us have had expectations of prospects dashed when they get up to the big time.

I remember watching Mark Melancon come up through the Yankee farm system his set-up man was David Robertson all the way up through AAA.

I never would have imagined that Robertson would have much better success with MLB than Melancon.

Just goes to show

I'll give U this  the kid looked most interesting the other day

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At least Granderson got hurt during Spring Training (which is for another five to six weeks) and not during September when the playoff races heat up.  

I remember when the Yankees would have a nasty line-up 1 through 9.  But this year, it will be interesting to see how they do.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

"I'll give U this the kid looked most interesting the other day"

I assume you mean Montgomery who has impressed at every farm level and has had better numbers in the Yankee system than Robertson did..

I posted Tom Kahnle who hit 98 on the gun yesterday because he is a local kid from Shaker High School.

We all know hitting 98 in Feb means something but if you can't get it over the plate and have no quality complimentary set-up pitches it means nothing. I'm assuming Kahnle will be a pen candidate.

Look at Farnsie and Craig Hansen.

But I'm pulling for Kahnle played locally against my nephews went to a small college and now is in the Yankee system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I assume you mean Montgomery who has impressed at every farm level and has had better numbers in the Yankee system than Robertson did..

I posted Tom Kahnle who hit 98 on the gun yesterday because he is a local kid from Shaker High School.

We all know hitting 98 in Feb means something but if you can't get it over the plate and have no quality complimentary set-up pitches it means nothing. I'm assuming Kahnle will be a pen candidate.

But I'm pulling for Kahnle played locally against my nephews went to a small college and now is in the Yankee system.

I assume you mean Montgomery

Y

I gave U a link about Branden Pinder

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

I just find it comical that the Yankee farm is given absolutely no credit here.

As it doesn't exist.

There could be some impacting rookies this season.

They do have a few decent prospects.

i just assumed there was no top flight prospects ready (or slated to be ready) this season... i live in NY and i haven't heard anyone talking about one. Not in the papers or analysts (then again, i'm not actively LOOKING for it too). Just figured if they had someone they would have talked about them since they are looking everywhere for spare IF'ers and now OF'ers

Some of the Yankees top prospects are outfielders but the three best could be a year away.

Mason Williams, Tyler Austin and Slade Heathcott.

There are 4 Yankees on the BA top 100 list, and only Tyler Austin has played as high as AA, and that was all of two games.

Yankees have a number of young pitchers who will be promoted this season.

Here are two who pitched today:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/02/hot-gifs-rondons-slider-kahnles-fastball-82943/

I knew the stalker would take the bait.

I remember when he was knocking Austin Jackson as a lousy prospect when he was in the Yankee system, then after he was traded to the Tigers taking the other side of the argument going on how the Yankees got the wrong end of the stick with the Granderson trade that Jackson was going to be a star.

Not much has changed.

"bait"

Give it a rest Pops. Nice try.

That wasn't bait. It's your mind set.

You've hugged yankee prospects forever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

At least Granderson got hurt during Spring Training (which is for another five to six weeks) and not during September when the playoff races heat up.  

I remember when the Yankees would have a nasty line-up 1 through 9.  But this year, it will be interesting to see how they do.  

no doubt ice
      a big time power shortage in nyy this yr

I guess we will finally  find out just how short that wall is ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I assume you mean Montgomery

Y

I gave U a link about Branden Pinder

Pinder will start the season at high A.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

GM Zac,

Could'nt help but notice your newbie status. What happened?

I've put the killer bees decline onto TWM on more than one occassion. Classic.

No doubt in my mind the yankees got the better of the Montero trade.

Now I hear about another catcher in the ny system TWM loves that also has defensive shortcomings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

no doubt ice

Good morning pinstripezac35   :)

My friend Emil, used to work as the Manager of Corporate Sales and Sponsorship of the NY Yankees.

He told me (back in 2008) that if a company or individual wanted to meet up with Derek Jeter or A-Rod, it would cost $250,000 an hour.  Isn't that more than the Rays' payroll?  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

GM Zac,

Now I hear about another catcher in the ny system TWM loves that also has defensive shortcomings.

Yeah I suppose a pitcher coming off of shoulder surgery is a better prospect than a right handed bat with power to all fields for this Yankee line-up.

The Yankees have a few catching prospects the top one is Gary Sanchez, I don't think I've ever commented on him but that shouldn't stop you from spinning new yarns.

JR Murphy parked one over the CF wall yesterday against the O's he is a catcher but will probably moved to another position because they like his bat and the organization prefers Sanchez who is only 21 and will probably start this season at AA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

no doubt ice

My friend Emil, used to work as the Manager of Corporate Sales and Sponsorship of the NY Yankees.

He told me (back in 2008) that if a company or individual wanted to meet up with Derek Jeter or A-Rod, it would cost $250,000 an hour.  Isn't that more than the Rays' payroll?  LOL

How times have changed ice.

Now for $250,000.- the yankees will give you sole ownership of Arod.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

GM Zac,

Yeah I suppose a pitcher coming off of shoulder surgery is a better prospect than a right handed bat with power to all fields for this Yankee line-up.

The Yankees have a few catching prospects the top one is Gary Sanchez, I don't think I've ever commented on him but that shouldn't stop you from spinning new yarns.

JR Murphy parked one over the CF wall yesterday against the O's he is a catcher but will probably moved to another position because they like his bat and the organization prefers Sanchez who is only 21 and will probably start this season at AA.

"Gary Sanchez, I don't think I ever commented on him"

Yes you have.

Go back and you will find it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

no doubt ice

@jasoncollette: Has Johnny Damon said he doesn’t mind playing 3B in Boston yet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

exactly  HH

GM

slomag makes a key point

my point is

and now there is none

GM Zac,

"Gary Sanchez, I don't think I ever commented on him"

Yes you have.

Go back and you will find it.

Why would I bother when it is you accusing me?

What a moron.

Sanchez is the top catching prospect in the Yankee system and why they parted with Montero.

That is about all I've ever written about him, he's young, last season only 20 years old and at A ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

no doubt ice

On that dumb post it's clearly time to go to brunch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

no doubt ice

On that dumb post it's clearly time to go to brunch.

Just the messenger.

Don't know why all of your dumb posts didn't make you hungry.

If it was the case you'd be starving.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[/QUOTE]

yeah but it's a lot cheaper than seeing obama  ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

yeah but it's a lot cheaper than seeing obama  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Brett Marshall pitching the road game this afternoon televised on MLB.net. He could be the first call up for the rotation after Phelps.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

Guys, you have to ask yourself, can the Yankees even put 9 people on the field on opening day.  With Granderson out, they appear to have only 2 outfielders.  A-Fraud is out, Jeter is hobbling around and they have no catcher.  As has also been widely reported, they have no prospect in the farm to help them.  I said last week that the Yankees would be bringing up the rear in the AL East dogfight, and it looks like Smiley is going to be right on the money again.

"Right on the money again?"  AGAIN??? You mean, like last year ?? And the year before? And the year before that?

Pretty much