The Yankees & Arod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The Yankees & Arod

I know this may stir up a hornet's nest, but oh, what the heck!

As I was watching the game today and watching ARod play I had to ask myself why he's playing.  I mean, I know he's appealing his suspension and all, but he IS suspended pending appeal with allegedly enough evidence to "hang him high".  It's not a secret folks.  He's a known PED user and a cheat. 

So why is he playing?  Is the Yankee orginization assuming he's not juicing so it's ok for him to play?  Are they assuming that what he's taken no longer is having any affect on him?  Or are they trying to win in spite of the fact that they have a known juicer on the team and that may be affecting the outcome of every game?

I understand that ARod is entitled to his appeal but the Yankee front office is under no obligation to play him during that appeal.  The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: The Yankees & Arod

What's this all about?

Pete Abraham ?@PeteAbe
    Several writers saw A-Rod and Ortiz meet up in the player’s parking lot and drive off in David’s SUV.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

What's this all about?

Pete Abraham ?@PeteAbe
    Several writers saw A-Rod and Ortiz meet up in the player’s parking lot and drive off in David’s SUV.

Got a link to that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

What's this all about?

Pete Abraham ?@PeteAbe

Got a link to that?

[/QUOTE]

Sure:

https://twitter.com/PeteAbe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks.  Just so we don't lose track of the credibility of this thing, Pete Abraham also tweeted:

"Ortiz also hangs out with Cano, Adam Jones, and countless other players. It's not really all that unusual." 

He also tweeted:

"... commonplace in the game now. very much so."

So are you implying that Papi is using?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Arod said yesterday he wanted to talk to Ortiz, Gomes and PD. Ortiz responded he would listen to what he had to say and give him advice, as he would anyone

http://nesn.com/2013/08/alex-rodriguez-says-he-wants-to-seek-out-jonny-gomes-dustin-pedroia-david-ortiz-to-talk-about-accusations/

What's this all about?

Pete Abraham ?@PeteAbe

Got a link to that?

Sure:

https://twitter.com/PeteAbe

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Arod said yesterday he wanted to talk to Ortiz, Gomes and PD. Ortiz responded he would listen to what he had to say and give him advice, as he would anyone

http://nesn.com/2013/08/alex-rodriguez-says-he-wants-to-seek-out-jonny-gomes-dustin-pedroia-david-ortiz-to-talk-about-accusations/

Thanks J-B.  So essentially there's nothing to that but innuendo.  Gee, I'm surprised. /s/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

greetings S5

not sure what the yankee org owes you guys

but as a MFYfan they owe me to play the best 9 we have

do I wish we had a different 3B will equal results

absolutely.......... do I wish they play a lesser player to earned

I mean maybe earn some credibility in their "War on PED's"

heck no

I'd probably   I might

feel different if I thought he was the only user left in the game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks J-B.  So essentially there's nothing to that but innuendo.  Gee, I'm surprised. /s/

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is innuendo X2  ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The other cheaters who got caught are getting off easy because everyone's focus is on Arod.They ALL deserve our scorn,but Arod's just an easier targert because he's choosing to appeal the suspension,the drama and stories coming out and the amount of his contract. They all knowingly did PEDs in order to gain a competitive advantage. 

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

The other cheaters who got caught are getting off easy because everyone's focus is on Arod.They ALL deserve our scorn,but Arod's just an easier targert because he's choosing to appeal the suspension,the drama and stories coming out and the amount of his contract. They all knowingly did PEDs in order to gain a competitive advantage. 

well said mr mojo

arod / yankees  are also taking extra heat, this thread included,

because he didn't fail a test

when tejada and others who failed a test appeal

it's kept quiet until after the hearing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

No logical person would defend Alex Rodriguez

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to upperco1's comment:

No logical baseball player would meet him in a parking lot in Fenway after he had been booed by the home town crowd for two days and then dive off to some unknown destination with him either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

No logical baseball player would meet him in a parking lot in Fenway after he had been booed by the home town crowd for two days and then dive off to some unknown destination with him either.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were on there way to meet up with ARod's harem.

Is that logical or loco?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE] 

Maybe Arod is selling off his supply of baseball bats that he won't need after this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

greetings S5

not sure what the yankee org owes you guys

but as a MFYfan they owe me to play the best 9 we have

do I wish we had a different 3B will equal results

absolutely.......... do I wish they play a lesser player to earned

I mean maybe earn some credibility in their "War on PED's"

heck no

I'd probably   I might

This is disturbing to me, Zac.  I thought you were a baseball fan.  Instead your focus is wins for the Yankees no matter what it takes. This is that typical "Yankee entitlement" mentality that many baseball fans find abhorrent. 

Reading between the lines it appears that you have no problem with ARod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove or ARod yelling, "I've got it" when he's rounding third and there's a popup to the 3Bman.  No problem because it's all done in the name of the Yankees winning.  Are the Yankees exempt from "playing the game the right way" just because they're the Yankees?  Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather lose with Mike Lowll at 3B than win with ARod there.

As in life, "playing the game the right way" sometimes  involves doing something that's not in your own best interest.

I'd probably   I might

The argument of, "It's not wrong because other people are doing it too" went away a long time ago.  Like in the 7th grade. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Weren't they friends? Maybe PAPI was taking him somewhere towalk to him, and break off their friendship.  Ive had falling out with friends before, and when they've come to town we would get together go somewhere and talk it out.  Sit them down and tell them I can't be associated with them anymore. It's happen to me at least twice.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, if you think something malicious is going on.   But if Papi just being with AROD is incriminating then what does that say about the rest of the New York Yankees!!!!! Trying to dump on PAPI because of this is just complete unbridled uninformed speculation and hate.    In other words......it's not news.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

How about b******* strippers in Toronto while his kids are waiting for him to come home from a road trip.

This dude is just a scum bag on so many levels. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

David Ortiz's charity golf event draws baseball's biggest names

Oh, and A-Rod.

Ortiz says the fact that he was able to round up two of the most recognizable names from the Yankees speaks to the goodwill between the players off the field that he says a lot of fans are probably unaware of.

"It's all about the relationships you create. You know how the rivalry is between us and the Yankees, but we still have that good relationship. I had been talking to Alex and Mariano and those guys about this," says Ortiz. "I called Mariano and before I even started talking, he said, 'I'll be there. I got shoulder surgery and don't know if I'm gonna be able to play (golf), but I'm gonna be there, Papi.' He told me straight up. He's the best. That's the kind of stuff that sometimes people don't know."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/david-ortiz-charity-golf-event-draws-baseball-biggest-names-article-1.357867

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Focus should be on RS/EE.  IMHO, by even acknowledging ARod, they are giving him more attention than he deserves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So that means Gomes, Ortiz, and PD all shot up in the parking lot. Think thisll help PD's bruised ankle feel better? A typical desperate post from TWM. He used to be reasonable, but is losing ground fast.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I know this may stir up a hornet's nest, but oh, what the heck!

As I was watching the game today and watching ARod play I had to ask myself why he's playing.  I mean, I know he's appealing his suspension and all, but he IS suspended pending appeal with allegedly enough evidence to "hang him high".  It's not a secret folks.  He's a known PED user and a cheat. 

So why is he playing?  Is the Yankee orginization assuming he's not juicing so it's ok for him to play?  Are they assuming that what he's taken no longer is having any affect on him?  Or are they trying to win in spite of the fact that they have a known juicer on the team and that may be affecting the outcome of every game?

I understand that ARod is entitled to his appeal but the Yankee front office is under no obligation to play him during that appeal.  The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

While you have a very good point, I doubt any team would do any differently. Regardless, did you see Peralta, Cruz, etc being benched? How about the whispers that Cruz was pressured by the Rangers to appeal?  

The team concern for winning seems to trump all, despite this scourge.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

So that means Gomes, Ortiz, and PD all shot up in the parking lot. Think thisll help PD's bruised ankle feel better? A typical desperate post from TWM. He used to be reasonable, but is losing ground fast.

I thought maybe Ortiz was just advising him to keep it light.

Or maybe they were discussing taking Cervelli for a boat ride like Tony did for big P*ssy if Cervelli sings.

You with your Yankee injury rendition is the one losing your sense of humor Muttley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have no legs to stand on here and are desperately reaching. There is obviously nothing there. a good attempt though. I give you an A for effort, but still a fail.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I watched the World championship track meet from Moscow yesterday and I come away wondering how a tiny Island like Jamaica with such a small populace  can come away with not only the fastest 2 male sprinters on this entire planet but also the fastest female.

Doesn’t pass the smell test. These small Caribbean Islands like Jamaica and the Dominican Republic are more likely home to world class chemists as well as sprinters and baseball players.

Sections
Shortcuts