The Yankees & Arod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: The Yankees & Arod

In response to nhsteven's comment:

While you have a very good point, I doubt any team would do any differently. Regardless, did you see Peralta, Cruz, etc being benched? How about the whispers that Cruz was pressured by the Rangers to appeal?  

The team concern for winning seems to trump all, despite this scourge.

Exactly, Steven. As much as I would have respected the Yankees for not playing him, they did what every other team would have done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to upperco1's comment:

No logical person would defend Alex Rodriguez

No logical baseball player would meet him in a parking lot in Fenway after he had been booed by the home town crowd for two days and then dive off to some unknown destination with him either.

You have no legs to stand on here and are desperately reaching. There is obviously nothing there. a good attempt though. I give you an A for effort, but still a fail.

You have to admit that it is strange for Lackey to make the comments that he made and then for Papi to meet Arod after Saturday's game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

S5

This is disturbing to me, Zac.  I thought you were a baseball fan.  Instead your focus is wins for the Yankees no matter what it takes.

seems a tad strong S5

the yankees are with in the rules

rules that are written with both the  mlb players & owners consent

not like they changed his name

and put a bobby v disguise on  him

This is that typical "Yankee entitlement" mentality that many baseball fans find abhorrent. 

it is true

I am a strong believer in nyy entitlement ;-)

Reading between the lines it appears that you have no problem with ARod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove or ARod yelling, "I've got it" when he's rounding third and there's a popup to the 3Bman. 

I have NP with yelling, "I've got it"

gamesmanship

inf are always trying to dupe base runners

do you have a problem with the hidden ball trick

I do have a slight problem with pedrioa and arod slapping the ball in the PO

but just chalk it up to being all in and frustrated at the same time

No problem because it's all done in the name of the Yankees winning.  Are the Yankees exempt from "playing the game the right way" just because they're the Yankees?  Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather lose with Mike Lowll at 3B than win with ARod there.

As in life, "playing the game the right way" sometimes  involves doing something that's not in your own best interest.

I'll let this pass

we both know the yanks have a pretty good rep

when it comes to "playing the game the right way"

The argument of, "It's not wrong because other people are doing it too" went away a long time ago.  Like in the 7th grade. 

and what yr do they teach everything is  B&W

my world is full of grey

if the crux of the roids issue is 'an even playing field'

you bet the fact '' other guys are doing it '' is relevant

wonder if that recent RBI tejada had against you guys

will generate a thread

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

I know this may stir up a hornet's nest, but oh, what the heck!

As I was watching the game today and watching ARod play I had to ask myself why he's playing.  I mean, I know he's appealing his suspension and all, but he IS suspended pending appeal with allegedly enough evidence to "hang him high".  It's not a secret folks.  He's a known PED user and a cheat. 

So why is he playing?  Is the Yankee orginization assuming he's not juicing so it's ok for him to play?  Are they assuming that what he's taken no longer is having any affect on him?  Or are they trying to win in spite of the fact that they have a known juicer on the team and that may be affecting the outcome of every game?

I understand that ARod is entitled to his appeal but the Yankee front office is under no obligation to play him during that appeal.  The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

While you have a very good point, I doubt any team would do any differently. Regardless, did you see Peralta, Cruz, etc being benched? How about the whispers that Cruz was pressured by the Rangers to appeal?  

The team concern for winning seems to trump all, despite this scourge.

I'm sure they did, steven, in a pennant race. Wouldn't surprise me if Detroit did the same, with Peralta. If they had both appealed  their suspensions, they could have played the rest of the season, and PS. They're both free agents and want this behind them, for their next contract. Team sport, me first.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No logical baseball player would meet him in a parking lot in Fenway after he had been booed by the home town crowd for two days and then dive off to some unknown destination with him either.

You have no legs to stand on here and are desperately reaching. There is obviously nothing there. a good attempt though. I give you an A for effort, but still a fail.

You have to admit that it is strange for Lackey to make the comments that he made and then for Papi to meet Arod after Saturday's game.

Ummm. no it isnt and no I dont. A-Rod told the media he was going to seek out papi, Lackey and Gomes to talk to them about the comments. Hey, I understand what your trying to do as a NYY fan, but Id probably just let that theory die and look for another angle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Arod hiring Joe Tacopina is going to take this circus to a new level.

For anyone not familiar with Tacopina he is an in your face agressive pitbull lawyer who has a record of defending scumbags.

He frequents all of the sports and politcal talk shows defending his clients.

Now his accusations yesterday in the NY Times that the Yankees knowingly played Arod last season when he was injured (hip).

That the the Yankees and MLB were in collusion to ruin his career.

When Arod was then asked by the media if Tacopina's charges were true Alex responded that he didn't know that his lawyer had publicly made those comments.

I'm sure Alex had no idea what Mr. Tacopina's game plan was, I'm sure they had no meetings to discuss going forward.

This is the same man who was hitting on two blonds seated behind the plate last season during a play-off game that we all watched take place on national TV then publicly denied doing so.

Arod is not only bad for the Yankees he is bad for the game it's long time that the Yankees realize that this situation will not improve to reach a settlement and to release him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

S5

This is disturbing to me, Zac.  I thought you were a baseball fan.  Instead your focus is wins for the Yankees no matter what it takes.

seems a tad strong S5

This is that typical "Yankee entitlement" mentality that many baseball fans find abhorrent. 

it is true

Reading between the lines it appears that you have no problem with ARod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove or ARod yelling, "I've got it" when he's rounding third and there's a popup to the 3Bman. 

gamesmanship

No problem because it's all done in the name of the Yankees winning.  Are the Yankees exempt from "playing the game the right way" just because they're the Yankees?  Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather lose with Mike Lowll at 3B than win with ARod there.

As in life, "playing the game the right way" sometimes  involves doing something that's not in your own best interest.

I'll let this pass

The argument of, "It's not wrong because other people are doing it too" went away a long time ago.  Like in the 7th grade. 

my world is full of grey

will generate a thread

Thats the only thing Id take issue with zac. Hidden ball is certainly one thing, but yelling I got it as a runner to the opposing 3b is certainly bush league at best. I did that in Babe Ruth league as a 14yr old...A-Rod has a history of cheap moves. If he didnt, maybe it wouldnt be made such a big deal of, although I would still call that move bush league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Ummm. no it isnt and no I dont. A-Rod told the media he was going to seek out papi, Lackey and Gomes to talk to them about the comments. Hey, I understand what your trying to do as a NYY fan, but Id probably just let that theory die and look for another angle.

No.1 rule of thumb: If Arod's lips are moving he's lying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

S5

seems a tad strong S5

it is true

gamesmanship

I'll let this pass

my world is full of grey

will generate a thread

Thats the only thing Id take issue with zac. Hidden ball is certainly one thing, but yelling I got it as a runner to the opposing 3b is certainly bush league at best. I did that in Babe Ruth league as a 14yr old...A-Rod has a history of cheap moves. If he didnt, maybe it wouldnt be made such a big deal of, although I would still call that move bush league.

If I remember correctly, Joe Torre took exception to it, also, and said it would be addressed. The bottom line AROD has never grown up, and most likely, never will

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I agree with your point about his history

bush play perhaps

but like I said inf are always trying to trick runners

so I'm OK with it ( obviously I don't remember the 7th grade )

so as we agree to disagree I will give you this 777

odds favor if a red sox did it I wouldn't  be defending him ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree with your point about his history

bush play perhaps

but like I said inf are always trying to trick runners

so I'm OK with it ( obviously I don't remember the 7th grade )

so as we agree to disagree I will give you this 777

odds favor if a red sox did it I wouldn't  be defending him ;-)

And I can honestly say, Neither would I.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

After the latest news that has come out I don't know how anyone can be a Yankee fan and an ARod fan.  Either the Yankee organization has disgrace baseball, or ARod is the biggest disgrace baseball has ever known.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

After the latest news that has come out I don't know how anyone can be a Yankee fan and an ARod fan.  Either the Yankee organization has disgrace baseball, or ARod is the biggest disgrace baseball has ever known.  

+ (if I knew how to type an infinity symbol with this keyboard I'd do it)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

+ (if I knew how to type an infinity symbol with this keyboard I'd do it)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Nice...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

have you seen anyone claiming to be an arod fan recently

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

have you seen anyone claiming to be an arod fan recently

Not many, but they're out there.  I can't understand why NY fans feel inclined to try and compare him and connect him to PAPI.  You must understand that that stinks of an attempt to defend him, intensions or not.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

greetings S5

not sure what the yankee org owes you guys

but as a MFYfan they owe me to play the best 9 we have

do I wish we had a different 3B will equal results

absolutely.......... do I wish they play a lesser player to earned

I mean maybe earn some credibility in their "War on PED's"

heck no

I'd probably   I might

feel different if I thought he was the only user left in the game

quite simple-the yankees should play their best lineup against every other team-just not the red sox-as we all know -the red sox are the are the only team "immune" to PED use,and thus they are the only team that should not be penalized

No one has said that, but nice try anyway.

Desperation suits you...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Now I know who Wiener and Spitzer are expecting to get their votes from. Thank you, NYY fans for enlightening us. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I know this may stir up a hornet's nest, but oh, what the heck!

As I was watching the game today and watching ARod play I had to ask myself why he's playing.  I mean, I know he's appealing his suspension and all, but he IS suspended pending appeal with allegedly enough evidence to "hang him high".  It's not a secret folks.  He's a known PED user and a cheat. 

So why is he playing?  Is the Yankee orginization assuming he's not juicing so it's ok for him to play?  Are they assuming that what he's taken no longer is having any affect on him?  Or are they trying to win in spite of the fact that they have a known juicer on the team and that may be affecting the outcome of every game?

I understand that ARod is entitled to his appeal but the Yankee front office is under no obligation to play him during that appeal.  The Yankee organizaton could build a lot of credibility in their "War on PED's" if Girardi would just tell ARod, "Sit on the end of the bench.  We'll call you if we need you".  And not call. 

I think it's clear to everyone in baseball, pros and fans alike, that arod should not be playing.  The reasons are well documented.  The only people who will disagree are yank fans and the yankee organization.

I think bringing up ortiz on this thread is meant to be a distraction, nothing more.  Of course yank fans are going to say anything to defend their team, even if it's a stretch.

If life were fair arod would not be playing but it's not.  It's a shame that kids see him get away with this.

The man is bad for baseball so I hope his playing days are numbered.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I also think the NYY don't want the sympathy factor to come into play, from the media, fans and mostly, the arbitrator. The Yankees are going to play it by the book

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

The other cheaters who got caught are getting off easy because everyone's focus is on Arod.They ALL deserve our scorn,but Arod's just an easier targert because he's choosing to appeal the suspension,the drama and stories coming out and the amount of his contract. They all knowingly did PEDs in order to gain a competitive advantage. 

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

The others arn't getting off easy.  They arn't getting paid and they are accepting the punishment they deserve.  Arod wants to weasel out of his punishment.  I think that's what bothers people the most.

The others did peds and are taking their 30 lashes.  I think people respect that more than someone doing peds and behaving like they did nothing wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I also think the NYY don't want the sympathy factor to come into play, from the media, fans and mostly, the arbitrator. The Yankees are going to play it by the book

I'm not sure what you mean by the sympathy factor?  Why would anyone have sympathy for them?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

The others arn't getting off easy.  They arn't getting paid and they are accepting the punishment they deserve.  Arod wants to weasel out of his punishment.  I think that's what bothers people the most.

The others did peds and are taking their 30 lashes.  I think people respect that more than someone doing peds and behaving like they did nothing wrong.

IMO arod is not trying to weasel out of his punishment

and at 1 point   would of  been happy to take his 30 lashes

it is in his opinion the 210 lashes that R the problem

It's a shame that kids see him get away with this.

I'm thinking the kids R seeing everyone deserves their day in court

and will then see arod his punishment

Sections
Shortcuts