The Yankees got their catcher from little league

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league

In Response to The Yankees got their catcher from little league:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen anyone act like Cervelli since I played little league. Enthusiasm is great, but grow up, will ya?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Its fine for Papelbon to act like a fool on the mound though or when Papi styles after a home run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen anyone act like Cervelli since I played little league. Enthusiasm is great, but grow up, will ya?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE] got caught up, used bad judgement, admitted to it....subject not worthy of a pizzing contest..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : I agree it happens on both sides anyone who doesn't recognize that is fooling themselves.  On another note saltalamacchia did take one and I'm fine with that....I'd like the HBP's to calm down these next couple of games.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna hold my comment on how I feel about Beckett because I don't wanna start an argument, but lets just say I don't see it ending with him on the mound. Hughes doesn't do that stuff though, I wish Nova was pitching because he would do it, he threw at Bautista in his debut so obviously he ain't afraid of nobody. Lester doesn't throw at people, but Burnett may. I guess we'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : I'm gonna hold my comment on how I feel about Beckett because I don't wanna start an argument, but lets just say I don't see it ending with him on the mound. Hughes doesn't do that stuff though, I wish Nova was pitching because he would do it, he threw at Bautista in his debut so obviously he ain't afraid of nobody. Lester doesn't throw at people, but Burnett may. I guess we'll see.
    Posted by PhilTheAce
     and that will be AJ's first on-target pitch all year..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

LOL good one jete, my thoughts exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The radio host  on WFAN in New York is saying he was ridiculous, and a caller just called him a Closet Sox fan... hillarious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

actually, none of that would have happened if slackey wasn't such a lousy pitcher.
    i mean you know how inept a pitcher you have to be to let that twerp hit a home run?
    slackey never fails to disappoint.

as always, thank you theo einstein.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The radio host  on WFAN in New York is saying he was ridiculous, and a caller just called him a Closet Sox fan... hillarious.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]Rito', just another day at the asylum...understandably,the talkies at FAN have no love for the Yanks..after all they gotta push their Mets agenda...but i admit Cervy got caught up...most of those Yanks callers are off their meds anyway....do you REALLY need a radio station to confirm what your eyes witnessed?... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I did not know about FAN/Mets relationship... I don't listen all that often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I did not know about FAN/Mets relationship... I don't listen all that often.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]they carry the Mets(and G-Men) radio broadcasts...though i do enjoy Ed Randall's "Talking Baseball" on Sunday mornings..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Does WFAN mention how Papelbon acts like a clown after a save. And to think this happened when CC had no shot at coming back out after 128 pitches, how convenient for Lackey and the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

WEEI is good Sat/Sun mornings. Buckley and Arnold make a good team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Cervelli was a bit much.  The clapping wasn't the issue  - lots of players do that - it was his chatter.

Francisco. Dude. Take the advice from Bill806 and his dad:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLS-DAD. Show BILLS-DAD's posts

[QUOTE]Cervelli was a bit much.  The clapping wasn't the issue  - lots of players do that - it was his chatter. Francisco. Dude. Take the advice from Bill806 and his dad:
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Excellent post son.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

Cervelli got pumped up, many Red Sox players do the same but nobody seems to care here.  I think this is purely sour grapes or a double standard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Sure.. how many times has David Ortiz pimped home runs against the Yankees, and the fact that the Yankees have basically let Big Papi have his fun. Go back a couple of months and you'll recall Ortiz doing a full-spin at home plate while flipping his bat after a tape measure shot at Yankee Stadium. Joe Girardi was miffed, but the Yankees quietly kept taking their beatings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

great team, little league ballpark, worst fans in baseball. that would be you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Joe Castiglione thought hitting Cervelli was in retaliation for CC hitting Ellsbury in the first inning.  A guy drops 4 in a row to the same team, and the fifth game starts with a batter getting plunked - might not have sit well with the Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

[QUOTE]Joe Castiglione thought hitting Cervelli was in retaliation for CC hitting Ellsbury in the first inning.  A guy drops 4 in a row to the same team, and the fifth game starts with a batter getting plunked - might not have sit well with the Sox.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

CC was probably not to pysched about Granderson taking one so close from Lackey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Sure.. how many times has David Ortiz pimped home runs against the Yankees, and the fact that the Yankees have basically let Big Papi have his fun. Go back a couple of months and you'll recall Ortiz doing a full-spin at home plate while flipping his bat after a tape measure shot at Yankee Stadium. Joe Girardi was miffed, but the Yankees quietly kept taking their beatings.
    Posted by ChifferBrane[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I agree.  Double standard.  Actually, I think Papi's show up was a little worse because it was a very obvious show-up.  Cervelli was just excited because the little scamp hasn;t hit a dinger since little league and that was just becuase the right fielder was picking daisies out there.  Cervelli can do whatever he wants.  If I am the Sox, I internalize it and use it as quiet psychological fodder to BRING IT.  Lackey's plunk was kind of embarassing, because Cervelli's little enthusiasms were the far lesser transgressions to lackey's letting little Dark Helmet hit that cheese out in the first place.  Gotta just let that one go john.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Cervelli is an emotional guy who got carried away.....but if you get carried away expect to get whacked the next time up.....don't start kawing about it, walk to first base.....if papi wants to bat flip after a HR he should expect to pay for it....unfortunate for poor Youk it always seems he is the one who pays for it on the Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

interesting thread title...........I just can't imagine how bad a major league pitcher must be to allow a little league hitter to crack a Home Run at fenway.  WOW

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ~The-Babe~. Show ~The-Babe~'s posts

[QUOTE]Joe Castiglione thought hitting Cervelli was in retaliation for CC hitting Ellsbury in the first inning.  A guy drops 4 in a row to the same team, and the fifth game starts with a batter getting plunked - might not have sit well with the Sox.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the same sawx that lead the majors in hit batsmen?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]Slo, could be, but i definitely think it was for that ill-timed hand clap/perceived show up of Salty...when replaying Cervy's jack they showed Lackey eye him from the plate cross to the dugout stated as him filing that one away..

Sections
Shortcuts