The Yankees got their catcher from little league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league:
    In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : Slo, could be, but i definitely think it was for that ill-timed hand clap/perceived show up of Salty...when replaying Cervy's jack they showed Lackey eye him from the plate cross to the dugout stated as him filing that one away..
    Posted by jete02fan

Maybe Lackey knew he was going to plunk somebody, and Cervelli helped him choose his target.  I don't fault Cervelli, though - I like seeing the players amped up for these games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : Do you mean the same sawx that lead the majors in hit batsmen?
    Posted by ~The-Babe~

So you think CC was exacting revenge on behalf of the American League?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ~The-Babe~. Show ~The-Babe~'s posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : So you think CC was exacting revenge on behalf of the American League?

Posted by slomag

No, but maybe exacting revenge for his team.

Look at the numbers over the past 15 years, the blosox have hit the Yankee batters by almost a 2-1 margin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Does WFAN mention how Papelbon acts like a clown after a save. And to think this happened when CC had no shot at coming back out after 128 pitches, how convenient for Lackey and the Sox.
    Posted by PhilTheAce

Closers seem to be held to a different standard where this kind of stuff is concerned.  Case in point, Brian Wilson or going back a few years Al Hrabosky.  Not quite sure why it seems to more acceptable for them...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : Closers seem to be held to a different standard where this kind of stuff is concerned.  Case in point, Brian Wilson or going back a few years Al Hrabosky.  Not quite sure why it seems to more acceptable for them...
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius

Its not, some of them just continue to act like fools anyway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The Yankees got their catcher from little league:
    I haven't seen anyone act like Cervelli since I played little league. Enthusiasm is great, but grow up, will ya?
    Posted by davetheknave

I always thought Cervelli was a better hitter than Martin.  I can't knock a guy for coming up big when his team needs him most.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : No, but maybe exacting revenge for his team. Look at the numbers over the past 15 years, the blosox have hit the Yankee batters by almost a 2-1 margin.
    Posted by ~The-Babe~

The Blo sox - did you make that up yourself or did someone help you write it. Show some class - if you have any

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : The Blo sox - did you make that up yourself or did someone help you write it. Show some class - if you have any
    Posted by maddog2020

Where are you when posters write spankees or yankmees?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Cervelli needs to lay off the Red Bull.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

Cervelli needs to lay off the Red Bull.
    Posted by chuchos

Again, neither fan base should be complaining about this.  Not with Papelbon's antics and Papi styling after home runs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

This is such a great Yankees forum.  I'm just glad they let Sox fans post here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

This is such a great Yankees forum.  I'm just glad they let Sox fans post here.
    Posted by CTJake14

Ok only Cervelli acts like a fool between the two clubs, Papelbon has no antics on the mound and Ortiz never styles after home runs--after all this is a Sox forum.  The truth should not apply here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm not complaining, I think it's silly for any player to grandstand.  I think papelbon has settled down, and doesn't show boat until the game ends.  

Cervelli's pumping fist and clapping was during the game and just looks kinda amateurish.  As does Papi's long stares at the flight of the ball.

Again, not complaining

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

I'm not complaining, I think it's silly for any player to grandstand.  I think papelbon has settled down, and doesn't show boat until the game ends.   Cervelli's pumping fist and clapping was during the game and just looks kinda amateurish.  As does Papi's long stares at the flight of the ball. Again, not complaining
    Posted by chuchos

Papelbon's antics haven't curbed but I agree with you....I wish all players from all teams would act like professionals and not showboat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : Where are you when posters write spankees or yankmees?
    Posted by Shiny-Penny

I don't think I have ever seen those words on the this board before - until you just posted them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shiny-Penny. Show Shiny-Penny's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees got their catcher from little league : I don't think I have ever seen those words on the this board before - until you just posted them
    Posted by maddog2020

Well I assure you they are used fairly often as well as others, I guess you just don't notice them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Its fine for Papelbon to act like a fool on the mound though

or when Papi styles after a home run.

Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown

His dance routine after winning in 07 set a mark that I  hope never to see lowered in postseason baseball.

Joe Torre most likely regrets not rewarding Pappi and Manny for their styling going all the way back to 03 and 04. Torre allowed those two near total comfort in the batters box, and the Yankees paid the price.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Cervelli got plunked because of his antics at home plate and I am sure he probably said something that Salty took exception too and relayed that to Lackey. It had little or nothing to do with Ellsbury taking one off the arm...Baseballs code of protecting your own hitters doesn't come into to play when guys get hit on the arms or his hands while in the act of hitting and a pitchers just trying to get inside on them. Cervelli got hit intentionally, Granderson, Ellsbury and later Saltalamachia all were unintentional as a ruslut of the pitcher merely trying to get the ball in on thier hands...

That said, given the score of the game, hitting the leadoff guy with the top of the order due up ain't exactly textbook baseball. Which might be why Lackey chose to throw at him "when he least expected it". End of the day if you're gonna hit the guy than you'd better be sure to take care of business and get the next three without allowing him to score. Which added insult to injury because in the end Cervelli got the last laugh...hitters beware casue someone gonna take one for the team tonight or tomorrow and my guess is that it'll be Salty or Tek...

Sections
Shortcuts