The Yankees have an unimpressive team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team

In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : Yup, this year will be no different.  It's next year where they will be in trouble. One year older.  No more Mo.  Even if PEDitte does come back in 2012 how long can that last?  Having to stay w/ in budget.  Some players due big raises next year...
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You are delusional. Even if Mo retired today Robertson can't close?

It takes the Sox 86 years to win the World Series and when they did the 3rd and 4th batter in the line-up were juicing and you call AP PEDitte?

Don't forget both Manny and Ortiz were on the the list of failed drug tests from the 2003 survey testing that had been seized by the federal government.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]nice job by the big guy 8 inning victory over texas followed by a 8 inning victory over tigers he has now won his last 4 starts what type of person brings up andys  past over and over while ortiz is leading their teams offense
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

At the very  least Andy got in front of the press and admitted it.

He didn't give some BS milkshake excuse.

Like Bonds putting the creme on his body but he didn't know what it was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : At the very  least Andy got in front of the press and admitted it. He didn't give some BS milkshake excuse. Like Bonds putting the creme on his body but he didn't know what it was.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

ya mean after he initially lied about it TWM, then only came clean, so to speak, when his back was against the congress wall??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If he wasn't any good, and/or if he didn't strike fear in him, he wouldn't bother calling him names.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : Our starting CF and LF are injured and we still have three decent OF's in Byrd, Ross and Sweeney who are all contributing to our offense.  What if Yanks lost Gardner and Granderson?  Who replaces them and what kind of production would you likely get from Ibanez or Jones? Thats all I meant and its great we don't need to use DMac who is probably as useful as Jones these days.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Kalish is playing again and Alex Hassan is probably the Sox most MLB ready OF prospect.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : ya mean after he initially lied about it TWM, then only came clean, so to speak, when his back was against the congress wall??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah more likely. AP had more on the line and much more to lose then Ortiz.

Because of the agreement between the players assn. and MLB there was no one punished when they failed the test administered in 2003.

Ryan Braun denied it when he was caught too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yankeeeees suck, Yankeeeees suck !!!!

Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

yankees have not been impressive for years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]yankees have not been impressive for years
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]
      Since 2009, anyways....(excluding last years' 97 wins ???).....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : You are delusional. Even if Mo retired today Robertson can't close? It takes the Sox 86 years to win the World Series and when they did the 3rd and 4th batter in the line-up were juicing and you call AP PEDitte? Don't forget both Manny and Ortiz were on the the list of failed drug tests from the 2003 survey testing that had been seized by the federal government.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see Ortiz on it. I keep the list in my business draw. There were more Sox than Yankee players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Yankeeeees suck, Yankeeeees suck !!!!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    It's 2:39 AM. Does your mother know where you are?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Bobbie V. can speak fluent Japanese "baseball" with the Dice man.  That has to count for something?  The problem is Daisake has to show he can still pitch which hasn't been the case since his second season here when he went 18-3.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : It's 2:39 AM. Does your mother know where you are?
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

2:39 PM here

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Bottom line is the Sox rotation right now is hands down better than the Yankees'. Plus there's much more depth for the Sox. The Yankees bullpen is hands down better, although, the Sox bullpen can only get better from here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line is the Sox rotation right now is hands down better than the Yankees'. Plus there's much more depth for the Sox. The Yankees bullpen is hands down better, although, the Sox bullpen can only get better from here.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Chances of Andy P. and Phelps improving the Yankees rotation over Garcia and Hughes are decent.

And what guarantees that the Sox bullpen improves?

Minnesota and the WhiteSox not exactly offensive powerhouses.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2012/seasontype/2/league/al

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Phelps and Mitchell emerging as valuable assets

When the Yankees went into spring training, their projected Triple-A rotation included five young pitchers ranked among their top 21 prospects according to Baseball America: Manny Banuelos was No. 2, Dellin Betances was No. 3, Adam Warren was No. 15, D.J. Mitchell was No. 16 and David Phelps ranked No. 21.

You might have noticed it’s lowest-ranked of the group that just moved into the big league rotation, and the second lowest who was just called up to the big league bullpen.

“Any time you’re in consideration for a starting role on this team, it’s a big deal,” Phelps said. “With the quality arms we have on this team, I don’t take it lightly.”

Phelps and Mitchell — and Warren to a slightly lesser extent — have been overshadowed by Betances and Banuelos, but Phelps has proven he can pitch at the Major League level, and Mitchell was easily the best starter in that Triple-A rotation. There’s no doubt that age plays a part in this – Betances and Banuelos are younger than the other three – but it’s also a reminder that a player can move fairly quietly through the system (cough … Ivan Nova … cough) and emerge as a significant role player. Phelps, Mitchell and Warren more or less came up through the system together, and it was obvious during their three-man, long-relief competition this spring that they were pulling for one another.

“To an extent it really wasn’t disappointing (to be sent down) knowing it was going to be one of us three,” Mitchell said. “I’ve known Phelps since Day 1, and I’ve known Warren for a while too. Either way, I think we were proud of each other. Of course you’re going to be disappointed when you’re told you’re getting sent down, but it’s not as bad to be here now. I don’t really know how to explain it. It’s the greatest. I know I’ll be asking Phelps a lot of questions and try to take the best of it, run with it and see what happens.”

See what happens.

It’s a common phrase in spring training and in the minor leagues, especially when opportunities seem few and far between. In mid-March, the Yankees seemed to have six big league starters plus Andy Pettitte. There was little room for anyone from that projected Triple-A rotation to crack the big league pitching staff. Now Phelps and Mitchell have big league lockers just a few feet from one another.

“I learned real quick, especially this spring, to not have expectations about what’s going to happen,” Phelps said. “I just kind of go out and do what I can control and just kind of go from there. … It’s exciting for me because we were talking in spring training – me, Adam and D.J. – and if one of is going to get a chance, it’s exciting for the other ones because they’re right there with us. I’m so excited that D.J. got called up. It’s two of my best friends. It’s exciting to see our hard work pay off.”

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Consider:

Betances: 44.1 IP at AAA
    Banuelos: 39.2 IP at AAA

Phelps: 177.2 IP at AAA (plus AFL)
    Mitchell: 201.2 IP at AAA
    Warren: 172.3 IP at AAA

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I n Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team:
    [QUOTE]Bottom line is the Sox rotation right now is hands down better than the Yankees'. Plus there's much more depth for the Sox. The Yankees bullpen is hands down better, although, the Sox bullpen can only get better from here.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

25Boston21785.13011126.1072745299.265
    26Colorado21475.13000114.0065714675.292
    27Kansas City21595.18001106.0061665474.276
    28Milwaukee22785.25001121.20717443110.284
    29NY Yankees21886.08001114.00778433108.304
    30Minnesota213116.87000111.1085893259.317

You call that hands down? As far as depth goes, are you kidding me? If that was true, wouldn't Bard be in the BP? What about Phelps, Warren, Mitchell, the Twin B's. & Pettite? 

Like your 120 Win prediction last yr, this is yet another homerish post.

Sections
Shortcuts