The Yankees have an unimpressive team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team

In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : Yeah more likely. AP had more on the line and much more to lose then Ortiz. Because of the agreement between the players assn. and MLB there was no one punished when they failed the test administered in 2003. Ryan Braun denied it when he was caught too.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

And your point is what TWM? Petitte lying is more acceptable because he had more at stake?? FTR, Braun took it to another level, not only did he cheat and lie, he blamed it on an innocent party.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : And your point is what TWM? Petitte lying is more acceptable because he had more at stake?? FTR, Braun took it to another level, not only did he cheat and lie, he blamed it on an innocent party.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

What is my point?

Simple.

When posters like andrewmitch make demeaning comments about Andy's past that is well worth checking out his own closet first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Phelps, Warren and Mitchell are about a half-step down from Kyle Weiland.  Unless something is physically wrong with Garcia, he's a much better option than these three.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team": [QUOTE]I n Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : 25 Boston 21 7 8 5.13 0 1 1 126.1 0 72 74 52 99 .265 26 Colorado 21 4 7 5.13 0 0 0 114.0 0 65 71 46 75 .292 27 Kansas City 21 5 9 5.18 0 0 1 106.0 0 61 66 54 74 .276 28 Milwaukee 22 7 8 5.25 0 0 1 121.2 0 71 74 43 110 .284 29 NY Yankees 21 8 8 6.08 0 0 1 114.0 0 77 84 33 108 .304 30 Minnesota 21 3 11 6.87 0 0 0 111.1 0 85 89 32 59 .317 You call that hands down? As far as depth goes, are you kidding me? If that was true, wouldn't Bard be in the BP? What about Phelps, Warren, Mitchell, the Twin B's. & Pettite?  Like your 120 Win prediction last yr, this is yet another homerish post. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] Looks like a rout to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : And your point is what TWM? Petitte lying is more acceptable because he had more at stake?? FTR, Braun took it to another level, not only did he cheat and lie, he blamed it on an innocent party.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The point I was making with Braun is obviously guilty but denied using like Ortiz.

Another of the holier than thou bs comments from posters like andrewmitch mine was a response to his.

Like the comment he made after Delmon Young was arrested (the yankees should him pick up) like there is no hypocrisy there either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : What is my point? Simple. When posters like andrewmitch make demeaning comments about Andy's past that is well worth checking out his own closet first.

I got that TWM but the reply you made to mine was, Petite had more to lose than Ortiz. Implying lying is OK, depending on what the player has "on the line".  To say, which is opinion only, Ortiz cheated and lied, in no way excuses the fact pettite did also. Your statement he admitted it wasn't because he manned up, it was because he was facing possible perjury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : The point I was making with Braun is obviously guilty but denied using like Ortiz. Another of the holier than thou bs comments from posters like andrewmitch mine was a response to his. Like the comment he made after Delmon Young was arrested (the yankees should him pick up) like there is no hypocrisy there either.

We're getting away from the origin of this debate; if a Yankee poster constantly referred to Papi as "Big Juicy", I'm sure there would be repercussions.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The bottom line with Ortiz is his performance supports his innocence.  His best years came after the drug policy took effect, and despite an increase in testing standards, he's having what right now would be the best season of his career.

How many suspected PED users experienced the best years of the career after the drug policy took effect.  How many are effective today?  Jose Bautista is hitting .190 right now, by the way.

Pettitte confessed twice - the first time he confessed he said he only did it once, in 2002.  The second time he confessed he said he did it one more time, in 2004.  Take a look at Pettitte's stats from 2002 - 2005 - he's got his two best ever k/9 rates, and a WHIP .15 below his career average. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees rotation is as soft as pudding and the more their bullpen is overworked the less impressive it will be.
    Posted by SpruceTrap[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking; even if that should be the case, the Yankees have plenty of arms down on the farm, and they didn't even need to use MO recently in 9th inning situations. If anything, this has happened to your beloved RS, both last Sep and this month.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : Seriously, you're so much of a homer you don't think an ERA that's almost a full run lower is hands down better? Phelps, Warren, Mitchell, etc. have proven nothing at the major league level and Pettitte turns 40 soon, did not pitch last year and has yet to make a minor league start. Wheras the Red Sox have Doubront and Bard currently pitching well at the major league level and three established major league starters pitching well in the minors.

This is like saying 40 below zero is much warmer than 100 below, LOL. In addition, Garcia (12.51 ERA) is out. And RS fans always bring up their (less highly regarded via expert opinion) AAA guys, like Wieland, Miller, Bowden, & now, LOL, Cook. Also, I guess you forgot the Yankee SP is still regarded as deep, even with this recent downturn, while the RS is not, or Bard would be in the BP. I'll give you Doubront is a good looking young pitcher, but so is Nova (15 straight RS wins).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone remember when Yankees fans referred to Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy as the "three aces". What good talent evaluators they are. Chamberlain got hurt, Hughes turned out to be a bum and the only quality starter out of the bunch was traded.

Hughes was brilliant in 2009 and the 1st half of 2010. Even if he's done, he's added to the Yankee legacy via yet another crown, and he was instrumental in that achievement. Chamberlain was lights out until he hurt his arm. And Kennedy? Really? Didn't he win 21 games last yr for Ariz?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The bottom line with Ortiz is his performance supports his innocence.  His best years came after the drug policy took effect, and despite an increase in testing standards, he's having what right now would be the best season of his career. How many suspected PED users experienced the best years of the career after the drug policy took effect.  How many are effective today?  Jose Bautista is hitting .190 right now, by the way. Pettitte confessed twice - the first time he confessed he said he only did it once, in 2002.  The second time he confessed he said he did it one more time, in 2004.  Take a look at Pettitte's stats from 2002 - 2005 - he's got his two best ever k/9 rates, and a WHIP .15 below his career average. 
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Then why did Ortiz need to hide behind the PA's skirt? What about the 2003 result? His cousin? His milkshake explanation? How do you know he's not on something difficult to detect now? Why did he have a down period a couple of yrs ago? Apparently what's good for the goose isn't good fpr the gander.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In response to "Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : This is like saying 40 below zero is much warmer than 100 below, LOL. In addition, Garcia (12.51 ERA) is out. And RS fans always bring up their (less highly regarded via expert opinion) AAA guys, like Wieland, Miller, Bowden, & now, LOL, Cook. Also, I guess you forgot the Yankee SP is still regarded as deep, even with this recent downturn, while the RS is not, or Bard would be in the BP. I'll give you Doubront is a good looking young pitcher, but so is Nova (15 straight RS wins). Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] The Sox have much better SP depth than the Yankees. Why do you think Cook isn't in the rotation yet? There's Cook and Dice-K followed by Alex Wilson. The Yankees really don't have much. Not a homerish statement.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team": The Sox have much better SP depth than the Yankees. Why do you think Cook isn't in the rotation yet? There's Cook and Dice-K followed by Alex Wilson. The Yankees really don't have much. Not a homerish statement.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Then why doesn't the media think so? Why isn't Bard in the BP? Do you realize Cook has been awful the last few yrs? Homerish.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : 40 below zero is much warmer than 100 below, that's a fact. Perhaps your pinstriped glasses are getting in the way of the numbers here. If any Red Sox fan was counting on guys like Weiland, Miller, Bowden, etc. to pitch two or three spots in their rotation you would also be calling them a homer. This works both ways fan boy.

Agreed, you never know how a farm hand shall do. However, this is the expert take. Regardless, we shall see, won't we? Why doesn't the media agree with you?

After your ridiculous Sweeney vs Gardner argument, I don't think you should be doing any partisan related name calling, but that's JMO.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees have an unimpressive team : Seriously? You're claiming you were right about Hughes because he pitched well for half a year and was on a World Series team? Sounds like Eric Gagne in 2007. Chamberlain got hurt? Of course he did. His long history of injuries was the reason he fell in the draft. I guess your pinstriped glasses are blocking your view of the computer screen. I said the only pitcher who worked out well was traded. Reading comprehension FTW!

Didn't see that (the Kennedy remark), my bad. No, Hughes is a flop, I agree. But at least he's contributed to a WSC. Nobody can take that away from him. That was my point, whether you like it or not. As far as pinstriped glasses are concerned, coming from you that's beyond funny.