The Yankees Losseeee! Playoff atmosphere with the yankees losing. hell yeah! Orioles tied for 1st

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

The Yankees Losseeee! Playoff atmosphere with the yankees losing. hell yeah! Orioles tied for 1st

exciting playoff atmosphere baseball with THE YANKESS LOSING!  

what more could you ask for when we are out of it. 

(oh i dont know, the first pick in the first round...:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: The Yankees Losseeee! Playoff atmosphere with the yankees losing. hell yeah! Orioles tied for 1st

There's nothing better than seeing the Yankees lose, especially since we're out of it. This is the best thing that can happen this season for Sox fans. LOL

And no more Mariano throwing eight inches off the plate for strikes in the 9th either! It's definitely brightening up my season. Go O's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: The Yankees Losseeee! Playoff atmosphere with the yankees losing. hell yeah! Orioles tied for 1st

exaclty kim.
    ive finally got something to be excited about this season. 
    and if we do indeed lose 20 more games or so, with a little luck, weve got a legit shot at about 3rd-5th position in the draft. (houston and teh cubs had a huge head start in the playoff for the #1 pick [tongue n cheek])

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

As a birthright bestowed apon every Sox fan, it's not hard to root against the hated Yanks of New York...my trouble is that I'm not a big fan of Showalter's either...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont get too excited.  I think both Baltimore, Oakland and Tampa have a far toughest schedule than the Yankees for the rest of the season. All three AL east teams get to face Boston six times or seven times.   But the Yankees will have nine homestand games after they faced Baltimore this weekend as well they go on the road to face Minnesota and Toronto afterward.

Best chance is to see Baltimore to sweep the Yankees and then Tampa come to Yankees stadium to sweep them or take two out of three games against them.   Hopefully Oakland come to the Yankees stadium and take two out of three games against them. 

Boston must allow to themselves to lose all games to Baltimore and Tampa, and then then win at least 4 games out of six games against the Yankees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Dont get too excited.  I think both Baltimore, Oakland and Tampa have a far toughest schedule than the Yankees for the rest of the season. All three AL east teams get to face Boston six times or seven times.   But the Yankees will have nine homestand games after they faced Baltimore this weekend as well they go on the road to face Minnesota and Toronto afterward.

Best chance is to see Baltimore to sweep the Yankees and then Tampa come to Yankees stadium to sweep them or take two out of three games against them.   Hopefully Oakland come to the Yankees stadium and take two out of three games against them. 

Boston must allow to themselves to lose all games to Baltimore and Tampa, and then then win at least 4 games out of six games against the Yankees.

UConn, i get where this is coming from and support your right to say it, but do you REALLY think the Red Sox are THAT prideless??...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

UConn, i get where this is coming from and support your right to say it, but do you REALLY think the Red Sox are THAT prideless??...

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees didn't look it during the last series against the Rays, last year.

Didn't they get swept that series? ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 4B, i'm talking about the part about wanting the Sox to lose ALL the games up to that point  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 4B, i'm talking about the part about wanting the Sox to lose ALL the games up to that point  

[/QUOTE]

After the latest west coast trip, I don't think they'd have to try very hard to lose the majjority of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees are in much the same position that the Sox were in last year.  The Sox could not pull out of it , and went into a downward spiral that continues to this day.  It will be interesting to see how the Yankees respond.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[After the latest west coast trip, I don't think they'd have to try very hard to lose the majjority of them.

[/QUOTE] i hear you, a late season Coast trip is rough, just think someone  could have to do it twice like playing Oakland in the ALCS and the Dodgers/Giants in the WS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Don't get your hopes too high people.  Sure, it would be good to see the Yankees hit the skids and get some comeuppance, but they are the Yankees, not the Red Sox and they are used to the pressure.  Baltimore isn't---and don't the Rays have to take on the Rangers this weekend? To me, it is expect the worst and hope for the best.......and for a Red Sox fan I think this season proves that to a tee.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

Considering how poorly the Red Sox are playing they will be lucky to win more than a few games against either Tampa, Baltimore or the Yankees.  I think they may win a few games against Toronto but expect them to have a losing record for the month of September. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to greatestNYY's comment:

Will the Sox's take another 86 years to win another WC?

how's that 1918 tshirt fitting? (thank you 2004)
    how's the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every 86 years" t-shirt holding up?  (thank you 2007)
    fwiw - my 2004 greatest comeback in the 100+ year history of baseball playoffs t-shirt is getting a bit worn out but i can't seem to get rid of it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

What if you were a fan of the Cubs?  I really hope that they win the World Series soon. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

how's that 1918 tshirt fitting? (thank you 2004)
    how's the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every 86 years" t-shirt holding up?  (thank you 2007)
    fwiw - my 2004 greatest comeback in the 100+ year history of baseball playoffs t-shirt is getting a bit worn out but i can't seem to get rid of it. 

[/QUOTE] ugh, he's back..oh joy...could clown # 2(27rings) be far behind :(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

it would be funny if the yankees, redsox, Angels and Tigers all miss the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Will be interesting to see if the Yankees can regain the momentun they had before Arod and AP went down once Tex, Arod and Andy return.

Might be too late the way both baltimore and Tampa have played recently.

But looks like a pretty good pennant run to me either way.

Good to see Baltimore back, it's a great baseball town.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And now, crickets, as usual.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Your post is ridiculous. This is a Sox board not a shared Sox/Yankee board. You're always surprised when Sox fans post like Sox fans here. We celebrate the Yankees losing. If they don't lose, there's nothing to celebrate. Common sense really.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Silly me

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Also, this time you're right; it's been awhile though.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts