The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Carnie - I could be wrong - but I think the season series is locked and you have some serious debts to pay off ;-P

You are of course right. So what do I need to do? I was thinking of "Reluctant Admirer of The Hated Yanquis" once we get signatures back, along with a public apology for Denis Diderot. That's just a starting point for negotiations though obviously. I'd also add another month to the signature for every month that we can't post signatures too :)

[/QUOTE]

Mandolin player would work for me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We're all here because the other sites you mnetion don't have a Sox poster with skin as thin as yours pike.

Looks to me like the potential and past legitimate Sox fans have been leaving for years after the Yankee fans and sympathizers moved in and took over. Have you noticed how few sox fans have been here this year? Harness saw the writing on the wall.

My guess is that TWM and his buddies come here to gloat and annoy. Why else would a Yankee fan come here - to a dying forum. It died thanks to you.

[/QUOTE]

They've been here, pike wannabe (I think), when the Yankees stunk too and the RS were worldbeaters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This could be pike in sore loser mode. Hard to tell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today's game was an instant classic....Down 4 runs in the 13th, the Yanks came back in very unchoking fasion, to tie it up...Then they won it in the 14th after some wild and crazy baseball...They still are an unlikely dark horse to go to the WS, but this win, with Kuroda going tomorrow, was a huge one....

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not very impressive to be a dark horse given the payroll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

On my end, just come up with something with some kick...

So Reluctant Admire of The Hated Yanquis doesn't have enough kick? What's your counteroffer? Don't forget the public apology for Denis Diderot. You'll like that, it could earn me my first banning. :)

Nah as far as hated Yanquis and all that...I was looking more for a political quote that would NOT get  you banned...Not Diderot or and Russian revolutionaries....Something more contemporary...Like Chomsky or anyone still alive that you can identify with..If you are okay with that monsieur....

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GreenParty says "guilty as charged" and Pumpsie says that GreenParty wasn't gloating. Go figure, Pumpsie, put down that jug.

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks pumpsie...Exactly right, but too complicated for pikey....

He is trying to humor you Pike. Thats more than you will get from me.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Today's game was an instant classic....Down 4 runs in the 13th, the Yanks came back in very unchoking fasion, to tie it up...Then they won it in the 14th after some wild and crazy baseball...They still are an unlikely dark horse to go to the WS, but this win, with Kuroda going tomorrow, was a huge one....

True, nh...I never would suggest a Yankee WS birth was something vaguely miraculous, given the payroll and all that you suggest...But today's game, anyway, was a bit miraculous, and will remain a treasured mini-classic no matter how the season plays out

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not very impressive to be a dark horse given the payroll.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

The Yanks won't choke.

They might get beat, but they won't choke.

Very few teams actually choke, last year's Sox is one, but that is rare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Nah as far as hated Yanquis and all that...I was looking more for a political quote that would NOT get  you banned...Not Diderot or and Russian revolutionaries....Something more contemporary...Like Chomsky or anyone still alive that you can identify with..If you are okay with that monsieur....

Let's see how much you like my apology for Denis Diderot and then we'll talk. I should note to you personally that Teilhard de Chardin is sure to be mentioned. As will be Peter Kropotkin most likely. It might take me a little while to put it together, so I hope you're patient. As far as a banning goes, I reckon everyone needs to be banned once in awhile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's see how much you like my apology for Denis Diderot and then we'll talk. I should note to you personally that Teilhard de Chardin is sure to be mentioned. As will be Peter Kropotkin most likely. It might take me a little while to put it together, so I hope you're patient. As far as a banning goes, I reckon everyone needs to be banned once in awhile.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good monsieur...Cannot really argue that much with an awesome mandolin artist...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [/QUOTE]Mandolin player would work for me[/QUOTE]

Could Mandolin Player be a link to a Jethro Burns video?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I may hate the Yankees as I am a Sox fan but in the military I hated certain superior officers but still respected them and I do the Yankees.

Not only today's 4 run comeback but yesterday too the A's tie it with a HR in the 9th but Yanks win in OT ! This hurt too as I'm rooting for the A's to make the playoffs but as a local team fan too, wouldn't the Sox like to have SF's pitching as Giants win their division tonight and Dodgers with former SOX won't even make the playoffs !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I may hate the Yankees as I am a Sox fan but in the military I hated certain superior officers but still respected them and I do the Yankees.

Not only today's 4 run comeback but yesterday too the A's tie it with a HR in the 9th but Yanks win in OT ! This hurt too as I'm rooting for the A's to make the playoffs but as a local team fan too, wouldn't the Sox like to have SF's pitching as Giants win their division tonight and Dodgers with former SOX won't even make the playoffs !!!

[/QUOTE]

Nice post, SF...And thanks for your service...

14. This post has been removed.