The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

I would also like to see Texas finally win the World Series this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

I can only recall a thread started by NHSteven that suggested that the Yankees were in the midst of a choke or collapse. He also made some subsequent posts that were negative about how the Yankees were playing. I don't recall any Red Sox fans here trashing the Yankees for their poor play during the past month. GreenParty seems to be inventing a strawman to frame his agenda around here. No you aren't being trollish but you are being a giddy homer today after an important Yankee win. Why not go celebrate on a Yankee forum since this forum has turned out the lights until hot stove season.

well, there was Slasher talking sweeps for the O's, Sox and Rays... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

I would also like to see Texas finally win the World Series this year. 

third time could be the charm, getting there 3 straight years is a impressive feat, they would be one behing the 98'-01' Yanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

hahaha.  OF COURSE!  actually i said i always root for whomever the yankees play.  i root for a sweep against them everytime they start a series.  it's just an extra bonus when it's vs the sox.  alas, it was not to be.  no small "victory" for the red sox the final series of the year at the Fens.  i guess now i cling to hoping the final 3 games of the season turn into "must wins" for the yankees so i can at least root for a spoil.  admit it though...you HATE cheering for a-rod and the phrase "back to back and belly to belly" makes you feel a bit ghey.  ;)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

hahaha.  OF COURSE!  actually i said i always root for whomever the yankees play.  i root for a sweep against them everytime they start a series.  it's just an extra bonus when it's vs the sox.  alas, it was not to be.  no small "victory" for the red sox the final series of the year at the Fens.  i guess now i cling to hoping the final 3 games of the season turn into "must wins" for the yankees so i can at least root for a spoil.  admit it though...you HATE cheering for a-rod and the phrase "back to back and belly to belly" makes you feel a bit ghey.  ;)

LOL...heck, i hate just about anything that escapes John Sterling's mouth :)

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

true, but who would have thought the A's would have a better record this late in the season?

Probably the same ones that would have thought the Mariners would have a better record than the Sox this late in the season.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

The Yankees are not done....A lot of people on this site had them for a certified choke, but that looks less likely at this point.   Their schedule is favorable compared to the O's and Rays, and they now carry a 5 game lead over the suddenly hapless Rays....Jeter has been an MVP throughout this season, and has had so many critical hits the past week it is not funny...Nunez is likely to play a big role at DH, and Gardner will be a very nice pinch runner...We will see if Pettitte can make a real contribution to the rotation, but that is very iffy...Phelps is still in the wings if Pettitte gets lit up in his starts..Texas is stillthe favorite in the Al, with the A's as a solid second seed.  But the Yanks might be fourth or fifth at this point...Do not count them out....And yes, I am a Yankee fan....With my apologies to anyone who thinks this post is far too trollish.....

And we care about this because......??? Sophistry. You're going to get hammered in the PS, youll which you DID choke to save that bloodletting.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Sophistry is the deliberate use of a false argument with the intent to trick someone or a false or untrue argument. (noun)

An example of sophistry is when you use a fact in an argument to make your point even though you know the point is false.

SOPHISTRY was the Greek word for modern day Internet TROLLING.

My point exactly. It was also a "polite" attempt to rub it in our faces. Tielhard is good at that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike the Troll Hunter.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yankees alway have a favorable schedule at the end every year.  That is why they dont choke at the end of the season.

Most of the times they get to avoid playing against the spoiler teams.  Last year boston faced against AL teams such as Orioles (a spoiler team ), and Tampa/Yankees (fighting for the playoff spots) in 18 games out of the last 21 games of the season.

This year Yankees are done with Orioles and doesnt have to face Boston again until the last three games of the year which could be meaningless.  Also they faced Toronto seven more times down the stretch of the season.  Toronto have never try be a spoiler team in all these years.  Best shot is to see Oakland to come to Yankee stadium and sweep them.  Then Boston can come to Yankees stadium and try to sweep them if the Yankees havent clinch a playoff spot yet!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The leader of the band has been resuscitated. getting all the pickettes back together, pike??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to traven's comment:

true, but who would have thought the A's would have a better record this late in the season?

Probably the same ones that would have thought the Mariners would have a better record than the Sox this late in the season.

The Red Sox can still catch the Mariners, whose brutal final 18 games include six against the Rangers, six against the Angels, three against the Orioles and three against the Athletics (Seattle is 1-3 so far in that 18-game stretch).

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Yankees alway have a favorable schedule at the end every year.  That is why they dont choke at the end of the season.

Most of the times they get to avoid playing against the spoiler teams.  Last year boston faced against AL teams such as Orioles (a spoiler team ), and Tampa/Yankees (fighting for the playoff spots) in 18 games out of the last 21 games of the season.

This year Yankees are done with Orioles and doesnt have to face Boston again until the last three games of the year which could be meaningless.  Also they faced Toronto seven more times down the stretch of the season.  Toronto have never try be a spoiler team in all these years.  Best shot is to see Oakland to come to Yankee stadium and sweep them.  Then Boston can come to Yankees stadium and try to sweep them if the Yankees havent clinch a playoff spot yet!!

UConn, WADR...the Yanks play the schedule, they don't make it..and i see you've joined my bud Slasher on the sweep train..:)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The Red Sox are certainly not hurting the Yankees' chances tonight...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB is fading away in the dogdays of summer.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Yeh, moon..I figured the Rays would go to the ALCS.....And the Red Sox are playing hard....And those Orioles. Looking for their 14th extra innings game in a row...It is in the 14th..Their bullpen is awesome and their clutch play in 1 run games is amazing  Wonder how close they will be to that record..I am guessing the Dodgers in the Koufax and Drysdale era in '65....I definitely understimated them...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

Yeh, moon..I figured the Rays would go to the ALCS.....And the Red Sox are playing hard....And those Orioles. Looking for their 14th extra innings game in a row...It is in the 14th..Their bullpen is awesome and their clutch play in 1 run games is amazing  Wonder how close they will be to that record..I am guessing the Dodgers in the Koufax and Drysdale era in '65....I definitely understimated them...

Everybody under estimated the O's. Playing the best baseball of anybody. Don' know if they  can catch the yanks. One of those two teams will benefit from the added WC spot. Being the second WC team and possible having to travel to Oakland in a 1 game take all is scary at best. That and not having your rotation in order for the next round.

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

Everybody under estimated the O's. Playing the best baseball of anybody. Don' know if they  can catch the yanks. One of those two teams will benefit from the added WC spot. Being the second WC team and possible having to travel to Oakland in a 1 game take all is scary at best. That and not having your rotation in order for the next round.

it's kinda hard to underestimate the O's if you dig a little deeper, this team has played well for the last 2 months, winning close, winning late...last night was their 14th straight win in extra innings ....

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

it's kinda hard to underestimate the O's if you dig a little deeper, this team has played well for the last 2 months, winning close, winning late...last night was their 14th straight win in extra innings ....

GM jete, I underestimated the O's. They have my attention now. In many ways they remind me of the 2004 Sox. Still don't think they have enough to catch the Yanks. There is a hugh difference between winning the division and having to play a 1 game playoff for reasons I stated above. It makes for exciting baseball in the near term. Enjoy the race.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Last I checked, all teams play the other teams in their divisiion the same # of games

• You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Texas winning the World Series this season would be great.  That being said, I would also like to see the Yankees win so that Ichiro finally wins the World Series.  I have stated this in the past and most Red Sox fans won't agree with me, but  Ichiro has always been one of my favorite MLB players and  it would make me very happy to see him win the World Series. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts