The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: The Yankees Might Not Choke After All....

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TB is fading away in the dogdays of summer.

[/QUOTE]

Yeh, moon..I figured the Rays would go to the ALCS.....And the Red Sox are playing hard....And those Orioles. Looking for their 14th extra innings game in a row...It is in the 14th..Their bullpen is awesome and their clutch play in 1 run games is amazing  Wonder how close they will be to that record..I am guessing the Dodgers in the Koufax and Drysdale era in '65....I definitely understimated them...

[/QUOTE]

I believe the Os already have that record. The Koufax Dodgers never did from what I know. You seem like a nice guy, and I don't know exactly why (contrary to other opinions), but you are annoying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texas winning the World Series this season would be great.  That being said, I would also like to see the Yankees win so that Ichiro finally wins the World Series.  I have stated this in the past and most Red Sox fans won't agree with me, but  Ichiro has always been one of my favorite MLB players and  it would make me very happy to see him win the World Series. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to believe they have a slim chance.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TB is fading away in the dogdays of summer.

[/QUOTE]

Yeh, moon..I figured the Rays would go to the ALCS.....And the Red Sox are playing hard....And those Orioles. Looking for their 14th extra innings game in a row...It is in the 14th..Their bullpen is awesome and their clutch play in 1 run games is amazing  Wonder how close they will be to that record..I am guessing the Dodgers in the Koufax and Drysdale era in '65....I definitely understimated them...

[/QUOTE]

I believe the Os already have that record. The Koufax Dodgers never did from what I know. You seem like a nice guy, and I don't know exactly why (contrary to other opinions), but you are annoying.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because I made an idiotic guess, or am too lazy to look it up online...But the pitching-rich era of the Palmer O's might have garnered that record...As for being possibly nice but definitely annoying, that ranks as a backhanded compliment of a high order in comparison to some of the other epithets hurled my way on this forum...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Maybe because I made an idiotic guess, or am too lazy to look it up online...But the pitching-rich era of the Palmer O's might have garnered that record...As for being possibly nice but definitely annoying, that ranks as a backhanded compliment of a high order in comparison to some of the other epithets hurled my way on this forum...
    Those were some good pitching staffs weren't they? Palmer, Dobson, Cuellar, McNally, then Martinez and Flanagan. Babe Ruth originally played for Baltimore too I think.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe because I made an idiotic guess, or am too lazy to look it up online... But the pitching-rich era of the Palmer O's might have garnered that record...As for being possibly nice but definitely annoying, that ranks as a backhanded compliment of a high order in comparison to some of the other epithets hurled my way on this forum...

Those were some good pitching staffs weren't they? Palmer, Dobson, Cuellar, McNally, then Martinez and Flanagan. Babe Ruth originally played for Baltimore too I think.

[/QUOTE]

Wassup, monsieur...Glad to see you are alive and well....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Wassup, monsieur...Glad to see you are alive and well....
    Those early 70's Orioles really were some great teams though weren't they? Even though they were in our division you had to love them. And let's not forget that Baltimore also gave us the Bambino. Speaking of Baltimore, the Pats Ravens tilt on Sunday might be a good game. Who do the Jets play?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I root for the Jets and Giants both, so you can guess I am a diehard NFL fan...NOT...But I do enjoy it, especially at the end of the season....But I never bleed with NFL stuff, unlike baseball...I am a yankee fan thru and thru..Like me Da......As for the Ysanks not choking, Ichiro has just time warped into the Ichiro of ole, singlehandedly keeping the Yanks afloat...Has knocked in all 3 runs tonight (homer and double) and is 9 for 10 in 2 days...If this is not a blip and he keeps it up (2 of the 3 starters he has faced are lefties), then the Yanks might actually win a game in the post-season...Anyway, monsieur, what's up with your band...Play lately???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I root for the Jets and Giants both, so you can guess I am a diehard NFL fan...NOT...But I do enjoy it, especially at the end of the season....But I never bleed with NFL stuff, unlike baseball...I am a yankee fan thru and thru..Like me Da......As for the Ysanks not choking, Ichiro has just time warped into the Ichiro of ole, singlehandedly keeping the Yanks afloat...Has knocked in all 3 runs tonight (homer and double) and is 9 for 10 in 2 days...If this is not a blip and he keeps it up (2 of the 3 starters he has faced are lefties), then the Yanks might actually win a game in the post-season...Anyway, monsieur, what's up with your band...Play lately???
    Is Ichiro playing well? I'm glad to hear it. I've always liked Ichiro, he reminds me a lot of Roberto Clemente. As you may or may not recall I was hoping we could have slid y'all Big Papi's services for the stretch run for your top two pitching prospects, but I guess David Ortiz is just too much of a legend to do that to. :)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The Red Sox are certainly not hurting the Yankees' chances tonight...
    Here's hoping we do the same to youse guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Why don't Carnie and GreenParty get a room together?
    Why don't you learn something about baseball?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Carnie...What's up with the band...Love to hear more about it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm playing solo right now because I'm having trouble finding my peeps. Fortunately mandolin is a very nice solo instrument.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm playing solo right now because I'm having trouble finding my peeps. Fortunately mandolin is a very nice solo instrument.

[/QUOTE]

My Dad played that. And in a big scene in Mozart's Don Giovanni (Don Juan), Don was serenading a lady with a mandolin accompaniment (Deh vieni ala finestra)

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Don+Giovanni+finestra&mid=17B47632FB98BF4A51B517B47632FB98BF4A51B5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE5

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here's a better version:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Don+Giovanni+finestra&mid=17B47632FB98BF4A51B517B47632FB98BF4A51B5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE5

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My Dad played that. And in a big scene in Mozart's Don Giovanni (Don Juan), Don was serenading a lady with a mandolin accompaniment (Deh vieni ala finestra)

[/QUOTE]We might be related. I had an uncle from New Hampshire that played the mandolin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Goofed: Here's the better version

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Don+Giovanni+finestra+ramey&view=detail&mid=AF733570AEA9602F2E34AF733570AEA9602F2E34&first=0

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

That's a mandola or an octave mandolin I think. Vivaldi wrote some nice pieces for the mandolin though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

Very cool, Joe Val...And that is pretty cool that nhsteven's dad was a serious mandolin player....Glad to hear that you are still performing...I am SO jealous of anyone that can play a musical instrument...I had my go twice at the recorder (as in the Trapp family music) and sank miserably into the musical void both times...And I love the sound of a solo mandolin...Love harsichord solo in a similar vein....Ever listen to medieval/Renaissance music groups?...Like the long-defunct New York Pro Musica or the Deller Consort...awesome stuff....Anyway, monsieur, keep doing what you do...You bring joy to a lot of people when you play...

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Joe Val was the man. Plus his band was the New England Bluegrass Boys. But there's a pretty badass mandolin player right over in Brooklyn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Sorry if this is spam, but best mandoilin player ever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Looks like the Yanks or O's against the Wild Card A's...In the 1 game playoff, it is anyone's bet...I think the Chisox are ripe for the taking and the Rangers remain the  fave with home field advantage throughout the playoffs (barring a miracle change in the differential)...So a likely scenario is the A's against the Rangers or the Yank or O's against the Bushian Titans...No matter how I process the wannabe computer simulations in my head, the Rangers always come out on top.....Then I grab the Nats from the NL (NL scenarios to come sooner than later), and you get what should be a great WS...Of course the opposite happens, and the Rangers (finally) win it all in 5 games, with the one Nats win a controversial umpire-related call victory...The Texas Rangers are the clear-cut best team in MLB...Whether it will play out  that way is always part of the lovely and enjoyable "woops-it-happened" myatery that is MLB today....

Sections
Shortcuts