The Yankees will be a financial train wreck in 2013!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: The Yankees will be a financial train wreck in 2013!

In reality, the ARoids, CC, Tex, and Burnett contracts were all about the chip on their shoulder known as The Red Sox so they could also have a Championship.  Beyond that, those are some risky contracts and who knows what the Players Agreement will be like, if there will be revenue sharing, salary caps and not to mention that the economy will continue to struggle....Very risk business....also, what if they don't handle Jeter properly?  Would fans protest going to games?  What would that do their budget?  Or, worse, if they realize the risk in absusing Jeter and actually play him at SS and bat him lead off for 3 more years.....Again, it was all about 2009 in an effort to erase the humilations from 2004 and to a lesser extent, 2007.........Hope it was worth it to them.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The best thing that could happen to the Yanks is CC opting out of his contract. Then they could put that money to more aging offensive players. Seriously though, this is a real problem for the Yanks. Those are name and large amounts of money that you cant just dump or have ride the bench. Oh well, sucks for Cashman...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some of these guys have more years after 2013 as well, and have a look at their recent Yankee numbers:
       (I admit I will cherry pick the time frames with negativity in mind):

Alex Rodriguez (38 years old, $28 million).
    They will still owe him $86M plus HR incentives that could total another $30M over the next 4 years after 2013.
    2010-2011 combined numbers:
    .269/.343/.506/.849

Mark Teixeira (33 years old, $22.5 million)
    . He will be owed $67.5M for the 3 years after 2013.
    .256/.366/.491/.857

Derek Jeter (39 years old, $17 million). He has an $8M player option for 2014 with a $3M buyout.
    .269/.335/.361/.696

A.J. Burnett (36 years old, $16.5 million). He's done after 2013.
    2010-2011 numbers:
    15-18 4.95  1.43 WHIP

Rafael Soriano (33 years old, $13 million). He's done after 2013.
    2011 numbers:
    1-1  5.40  1.733 WHIP

CC Sabathia (33 years old, $23 million).
    If he doesn't opt out after this year, the Yanks will owe him $46M for the 2 years after 2013.
    2011 numbers:
    4-3  3.06  1.300 WHIP

Robinson Cano (30 years old, $15 million).
    He has been awesome, but is off to a so-so start in terms of these numbers...
    2011 numbers:
    .275/.320/.497/.871

Curtis Granderson (32 years old, $13 million). 2013 is his last contract year (option). Grandy is having a great season so far. He's even ahead of his career year best OPS.
    2009-2011 numbers:
    .250/.326/.479/.805

In these cherry-picked timeframes, the best OPS is .871 (Cano).
    Jed Lowrie's OPS in 2010-2011 is .876.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

they are a train wreck every year, and yet, they are still doing bussiness as usual

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Yankees ARe a finncial train wrecj in 2011!

What's the story here? They have money to burn...and burn it they do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Who cares anyway???  This sounds like one of those idiotic Yankee obsessive  Silly-Betty posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...you mean the one you just gravitated towards?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Who cares anyway??? This sounds like one of those idiotic Yankee obsessive Silly-Betty posts. -- jrh1194
    ------------------------------------

Hey, Jr., you know who uses "silly-betty" in all their posts?  Babe and Zac. Which one are you?

I remember you from Beni's threads as well. All the same bs. I still can't believe people think you're a Sox fan. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

The best part is us Yankee fans have been hearing this same tired mantra from red flop fans as long as I can remember.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

which is what?

3 seconds?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees will be a financial train wreck in 2013!:
    [QUOTE]which is what? 3 seconds?

Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That's hysterical. Did you come up with that by yourself of did your significant other harness help you out again?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...actually it's from your buddy: softy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]...actually it's from your buddy: softy.

Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Hardly my buddy. But I think if you stop short harness would break his nose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Who cares what their payroll is for 8 players in 2013, that's not going to stop them from getting (or trying to get) the best free agents. Hasn't before, it's not going to happen now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

as for the OP, i think i'll wait for the movie version.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

The Yankees have not had as many "core" members get old at the same time for as long as I can remember.  One or two members of the core they can just "buy" there way out of, by eating their contract, or buying other players to cover their poor play.  It will be near impossible to cover the poor play that is becoming apparent with Jeter, posada, Arod, and even Rivera(his play seems uneffected to this point, but that has to cahnge eventually doesn't it?)  Add that to the point of the thread, with the amount of $, and positions, locked in to long term deals it will be hard if not impossible to buy the players needed to cover the production loss.  Up above they have the entire infield locked in(1b,2b,ss,3b, and cf).  That leaves c, dh, lf, and rf to cover for a potentially underperforming INF.  Not impossible, but more difficult they they have had in the past.  Defense is also an issue, as the range of these inf are bound to continue to decrease, especially on the left side.  Not easy to overcome poor defense and range from the left side of the INF.  Maybe shift Jeter to DH and add a better defensive SS, but how many better defensive SS, also can help cover from poor offense from your DH. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares anyway??? This sounds like one of those idiotic Yankee obsessive Silly-Betty posts. -- jrh1194 ------------------------------------ Hey, Jr., you know who uses "silly-betty" in all their posts?  Babe and Zac. Which one are you? I remember you from Beni's threads as well. All the same bs. I still can't believe people think you're a Sox fan. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim = Silly-Betty.

A few too many Yankee posts in a Sox forum.

The same obsessive Yankee fans. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I have been waiting for the Yankees to have an infrastructure too old for their own good for years now. I'll believe it when I see it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim = Silly-Betty.

A few too many Yankee posts in a Sox forum.

The same obsessive Yankee fans. lol --- jrh1194

----------------------------------------------

OK, so you're Zac. Got it. Carry on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

OK, so you're Zac. Got it. Carry on.                     

Pike = Kim = Silly-Betty

I don't need to do the multi accounts thing

to amuze myself,

I amuze myself with pics

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Pike = Kim = Silly-Betty

I don't need to do the multi accounts thing

to amuze myself,

I amuze myself with pics   --- Zac

--------------------------------------------

I've already been "investigated" thanks to you and your pals, and it turns out I have no aliases here. Again, I'm still here. 

FTR, the pics Zac put up that "amuse" him is Pedroia getting injured running past second base. Disgusting. I hope his supporters here are proud.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Dustin Pedroia jammed his left ankle during Monday's game, but is expected to return to the lineup Wednesday.
    Source: Ian Browne on Twitter 

besides it was the 2nd pic that amuzed me