The Yanomami...and Red Sox Realists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Yanomami...and Red Sox Realists

The Yanomami and Red Sox realists

Looking at reality has an interesting perspective all its own. 

The Red Sox are in first place, in spite of a poor start, injuries, less than hoped for performances by key players and a host of other reasons that are reality.

Yet, one finds constant reasons for criticism.

Odd, really, when one thinks about it.  When things were going poorly, the reality was untold  reasons to complain abounded.  Not that there could or would be an about  face when the team began to play as it was expected.  Support, in some realists minds, meant a steady stream of highly critical, even personal, attacks against the team, from Theo on down to the way the bats were shipped and stored..

It brought to mind recently the Yanomami.  And reality according to them.

A stone aged tribe discovered in the deeps of the rain forests of Venezuela  a few decades past, they were often murderous toward outsiders when they happened into Yanomami territory.  But according to them, killing outsiders was of no moment, because they were not human.  Only the Yanomami were human, in their reality.  When the non-humans came with incredible weapons of power and drove vehicles that were more stunning than  the people ever imagined, they accepted that.  That was not proof the outsiders were human, for only the Yanomami were human.  Their history said so.  The jungle was full of deadly things, the non-humans of lighter skin and larger frame were just more of the same - and strange clothing.    They would simply have to adapt.  When the non-humans began to talk in the language of the Yanomami, they still accepted that.  It was startling, that non-humans could talk … and maybe even think … like the people, the Yanomami, but hey, they could do it, so it must be real. 

It took quite a while before the reality of the larger, outside world came crashing down on the people.  It shook them to the core to realize their reality was … limited.

Reality.

Interesting force of persuasion.

Those of us who choose to give our team support through the hard times, instead of cutting them down  can’t be realists.  We must be dreamers or worse.  Just look at the reality of playing poorly, being behind, being washed up, being a witless manager, being poorly built, of picking out this weakness or that.  Now THAT is reality. 

Kicking a guy when he’s down.  That is reality.  Obviously, he’s down, so kick him.  Not giving  him a pat on the back and encouragement to get through the hard times.

Booing when someone is in a tough streak.  That is reality.  Because they obviously stink.  Get rid of the bum.  That is what he deserves.  A good boo will help him get through his bad streak … Not that stupid give him support and a hand up idea.

After all, if it weren’t for him … and him …. And him… and them …. We would not have even lost a game.  We would never even have to look up, because we are so far ahead that the season is over before it starts…  that is how the realist seems to think.

Not that baseball is a game where of you fail 35% of the time, you’re still gonna win championships.  Reality is, if I missed 35% of my answers in school, I’d never have passed a grade.  But winning 65% of games is almost a certain powerhouse. 

The Yanomami finally admitted their reality was off …by a lot.

But the reality of some Red Sox fans that find cause only to be critical … hasn’t  changed all that much.

Even though we started poorly.  Even though we have most of our pitching stars injured.  Even though we had several players not perform up to standards we hold.  Even if they are washed up.  Even though we are and have been in first place for much of the last month or more …

One of these days, guys like me, who support the guys on the team because they are on the team, come hell or high water, we’re just gonna have to understand reality.

Here’s my reality.  Take a shot at my guy, on my team, I’ll likely take a shot at you.   

And right now, I can do it with my guys in first place.  And they have been good enough to be in the hunt, year after year.  But no matter what other realities are,  I can’t understand your realities when it’s about  cutting our/my guys down.  The Red Sox are my team and they may be your team, but I don’t take kindly to the constant criticism.

That critical reality of some is off … by a lot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe-------. Show -TheBabe-------'s posts

Re: The Yanomami...and Red Sox Realists

LOL...so yaz doesn't like people criticizing his team....but he criticizes those that do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: The Yanomami...and Red Sox Realists:
    [QUOTE]LOL...so yaz doesn't like people criticizing his team....but he criticizes those that do.
    Posted by -TheBabe-------[/QUOTE]

The Yanomami would be correct in defining TheBabe as nonhuman. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]LOL...so yaz doesn't like people criticizing his team....but he criticizes those that do.
    Posted by -TheBabe-------[/QUOTE]

I expect Yanqui sympathizers to criticize.  I also expect Red Sox fans to support the team.

If you had read the post properly, you would realize this applies to fans and their own team. 

But I am not surprized that you didn't read it properly OR understand that fans of one team can speak to fans of the same team on a basis that is beyond you.

Since you SAY you're a fan of another team.

You aren't welcome there, are you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yanomami...and Red Sox Realists : The Yanomami would be correct in defining TheBabe as nonhuman. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

The Yanomami have Babe on iggy ....

because he's not on their team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Fantasict piece, Yaz! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Fantasict piece, Yaz! 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Yoshi.   Means a lot coming from you.  :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank27Rings. Show Frank27Rings's posts

Good evening to my good friend SinceYaz. I only have two words to describe this thread:literary masterpiece.
    The boys would have been proud of you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Good evening to my good friend SinceYaz. I only have two words to describe this thread:literary masterpiece. The boys would have been proud of you. hoisted by Frank27Rings[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frankie.

But you might want to take up cyphering again.  That be more than two words.incarnation.

I'm impressed.  I get your first post back in this incarnation.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Good evening to my good friend SinceYaz. I only have two words to describe this thread:literary masterpiece. The boys would have been proud of you. www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1820166,00.html&docid=ZbviVZ2vJhY9VM&w=295&h=340&ei=swgqTubgCoeSgQeBlNX9Cg&zoom=1 " class="rg_l" /> www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1820166,00.html&docid=ZbviVZ2vJhY9VM&w=295&h=340&ei=swgqTubgCoeSgQeBlNX9Cg&zoom=1 " class="rg_hl">
    Posted by Frank27Rings[/QUOTE]

One consideration, Frankie;

Neither of the fine gentlemen you associate with me were aware of the Yanomami ...

But then, they sure knew a lot about living other ways that I've only experienced through their body of work.