The Youk Vote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: The Youk Vote

In Response to Re: The Youk Vote:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Youk Vote : You're going to move a GG 1B, and future HOFef to RF in order to keep a rookie at 3B? That's insane! Middlebrooks goes back down to AAA or Youk gets traded. No way AGon should have to accomodate both a rook and a DL commando.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]
    Who is this future Hall of Famer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Youk on the bench, but not so much that he can't be showcased.

May the RS could trade him to the Cardinals?  With Lance Berkman on the DL and maybe retiring, the Cards may need a 1B. Youk could fill that role nicely.

What would RS get for Youk?  Oh, why not ask for Shelby Miller?
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/MLB/5977/Shelby-Miller

48 Ks in 40.1 innings. Think the Cards would go for it?

Ya never know until ya ask.

But I digress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Youk or A-Gon in the OF on a regular basis isn't happening no matter how bad we all want these guys in the line up.

I can imagine it now... Youk comes back and Middelbrooks get sent dwon. The We either trade Youk and bring back up Middelbrooks who just isn't as hot as he was when he first arrived or we can't trade Youk and he eventually gets injured again requiring Middlebrooks to come back up and like I said before can't perform to the level he did when first arriving. With out luck this year I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

All of Red Sox nation would want to hang Ben if this did happen, I can't imagine sending down the future of this team. Every MLB club would love to have young kid with the power potential of Middlebrooks. Many though Bret Lawrie would be amazing this year and hasn't been so hot, big time 3B aren't easy to come by and Middlebrooks has proven he belongs in the bigs and in the lineup everyday. Sorry, but Youk is old news and it's not like he will bring us anywhere we haven't been the past 3 years.....

The future is now, stick with Middlebrooks and the other young kids. Clearly the youth movement is working more so that what this team had at the beginning of the year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk should get a chance to play. If we trade him and Middlebrooks struggles, we can always use Aviles at 3B and bring Iggy up at SS.

I think using AGon in LF for several games as Youk and Middlebrooks both are in the line-up makes some sence, but as long as Nava keeps hitting, what are we gaining?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So far thevote is basically 24-13 in favor of playing Middlebrooks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]to me  it's easy. a-gone stays in RF. YOUK goes to 1st and MIDDLEBROOKS stays at 3rd. it's not rocket science.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]That may be the first time I've ever agreed with you. Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Why does everyone want to trade Youk?  That guy can get seriously hot and win games.  Middleman has been great, but I've seen a hundred rooks do the same for a couple of months before turning into average players or even pumpkins.  As it stands now, I'd play a-gon in rf especially on the road w/Youk at 1b and Middle at 3rd. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When Sweeney plays, AGon will be in LF (esp in Fenway).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]When Sweeney plays, AGon will be in LF (esp in Fenway).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]I think Gonzo might have a better arm than Sweeney.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Yeah, left at Fenway, less ground to cover, for sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

NONE OF THE ABOVE... simple really,

Will to AAA for 2 weeks while Youk Plays some 3rd and 1st to show he is ok. Then move Youk to the highest bidder (not expecting much but maybe a decent prospect and a player to be named later if he hits certain milestones) and Will back to play 3rd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Trade Youkilis.  Good organizations don't get sentimental in these situations.

Get what you can for Youks, bank his salary and if middlebrooks fails - you sign a FA in the off season.

Go with young players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure 2 weeks is enough time to raise his value (assuming he does well).

If we trade Youk and Middlebrooks gets hurt or struggles, we can bring up Iggy and use Aviles at 3B.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Questions: 
    1. Are you worried about AGon getting hurt playing RF?
    2. Are you worried he can't cover the ground in the OF?
    3. Are you worried he's going to go into a prolonged slump?
    4. Are you worried he doesn't run fast enough?
    5. Are you worried he will like playing the OF?
    6. Are you worried we won't have his GG at first?

He's been playing baseball most of his life, he has played many games in the OF. The team is a potentially stronger team with Youk and Middy in the lineup at the same time. If he does get hurt he still gets a paycheck. He is less likely to get hurt in the OF than at 1 B. The extra exercise shagging flyballs may keep him in better shape. He may become a little faster sprinting after flyballs.

Having Lin or Byrd in CF: they will cover the gaps--he took pretty good care of the balls down the line. He plays deep enough so he primarily comes in on balls. Anything hit over his head will either be a HR or very high off the wall.

He's a Major Leaguerer and has been there before. Youk is a Major Leaguerer and now so is Middy. Youk carries a GG as a 1 B. This is also a team building endeavor for the Sox.

Bobby V and BenC have thought this out and discussed the options--AGon is a team guy and evidentally is good with it--so get on board--and if one or both make an error it's not the end of the world.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: The Youk Vote": [QUOTE]to me  it's easy. a-gone stays in RF. YOUK goes to 1st and MIDDLEBROOKS stays at 3rd. it's not rocket science. Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE] I second that vote... but will add youk to left half the nights

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to The Youk Vote:
    [QUOTE]What's your choice?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

For the life of me, how do people want to return a guy hitting .300 with 5 HR and 19 RBI back to Pawtucket? He's been one of your most productive bats and people want to send him back? Senseless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: The Youk Vote": [QUOTE]You dont put a Gold Glove 1st Baseman in RF weakens team. Defense is important. Middlebrooks cannot sit. He needs to work on his game. Youk cannot sit. If I was a GM, I would be patient, Middlebrooks back to Pawtucket, Youk back at Third. Every team in Baseball knows about the 3rd base situation. As injuries to other Players on other teams add up, if Youk catches fire, you make your move at end of July deadline. Nice problem to have actually. Youk can still help for a couple of Months, Middlebrooks works on his game, Youk catches fire value goes up, and desperate teams take desperate measures. Patience is the key. Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE] I seem to recall Youk winning a gold glove at first and we played him in left field numerous times. Taking a gold glover and putting him in the outfield only hurts defense when you aren't putting another gold glover in his place.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Youk has to bite the bullet and platoon where ever the manager wants him too.  He can't play 3rd full time anymore, he has proven that.  So a little first, 3rd, OF, dh will give him some ABs and help the team stay fresh and Youk stay fresh for the whole season.  Its a win - win situation.  You can not send Middlebrooks down, that is senseless as one posted said.  Youk needs to accept his new roll and help the team keep winning.  For 12mil a year I would say he should do what his boss asks him to do.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk can not get enough PAs as a back-up, unless an IF'er plays OF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Don't shoot me for this idea... but the idea in business is to sell high... and nobody has higher stock than middlebrooks now. Just sayin that we need an ace quality starter and youk has no value right now. Clay and middlebrooks could potentially get you a fix outfielder and a quality starter.... and we have an option on youk next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Play him a few games then get rid of him before the all star break.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Bump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't shoot me for this idea... but the idea in business is to sell high... and nobody has higher stock than middlebrooks now. Just sayin that we need an ace quality starter and youk has no value right now. Clay and middlebrooks could potentially get you a fix outfielder and a quality starter.... and we have an option on youk next year.

Even if Youk hits .300 with 20 HRs the rest of the season, I doubt we take the option (unless Papi walks).

I get your point about high value, and I like Cecchini and Bogaerts as possible future Sox 3Bmen, but we'd have to get a very good starting pitcher to trade Will & Clay right now. Any names in mind?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: The Youk Vote": [QUOTE]Don't shoot me for this idea... but the idea in business is to sell high... and nobody has higher  stock  than middlebrooks now. Just sayin that we need an ace quality starter and youk has no value right now. Clay and middlebrooks could potentially get you a fix outfielder and a quality starter.... and we have an option on youk next year. Even if Youk hits .300 with 20 HRs the rest of the season, I doubt we take the option (unless Papi walks). I get your point about high value, and I like Cecchini and Bogaerts as possible future Sox 3Bmen, but we'd have to get a very good starting pitcher to trade Will & Clay right now. Any names in mind? Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] Cole hammels Zambrano grienke

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Give Youk 20 games if he can stay healthy playing in LF in order to set up a trade Youk for anything. Do not take Middy off third....play him until the end of the season!