THEO & TITO ARE OK WITH JOSH REDDICK IN RIGHT FIELD........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THEO & TITO ARE OK WITH JOSH REDDICK IN RIGHT FIELD........

AS MUCH AS THEY WOULD LIKE A R H BAT, THEY FEEL THAT JOSH HAS MLB STRENGTHS....... LET'S SEE HOW IT PLAYS OUT....... WHAT SAY YOU ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: THEO & TITO ARE OK WITH JOSH REDDICK IN RIGHT FIELD........

I'd play a 2 man OF before I stuck Drew out there again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Keep him there vs.lefties and rightys until he plays himself onto the bench, or continues to do the job.

In the immortal words of Crash Davis, " You have to respect the streak".

Ok to pick up a Francoeur if price low enough, but don't automatically platoon or otherwise mess with the Kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: THEO & TITO ARE OK WITH JOSH REDDICK IN RIGHT FIELD........:
    [QUOTE]Keep him there vs.lefties and rightys until he plays himself onto the bench, or continues to do the job. In the immortal words of Crash Davis, " You have to respect the streak". Ok to pick up a Francoeur if price low enough, but don't automatically platoon or otherwise mess with the Kid.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]GOOD POST....THAT COULD BE THE WAY TO GO !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Reddick has earned the RF job IMO. He has taken what he learned last year and has applied it to his game this year. With limited ab's (90) his L/R splits are great. (I know its a small sample size). But its a good sign that he can hit lefties. Ive been pulling for this kid for 3-4 years now. Great attitude, work ethic and the constant drive to keep improving.. He's a dirtdog and I hope we get to enjoy his presence in RF at Fenway for years to come..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

1-8 in the Seattle series, not getting the ball out of the infield.
    .259 with runners in scoring position.
    Think Jed Lowrie August 2008. Great start, and then nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]1-8 in the Seattle series, not getting the ball out of the infield. .259 with runners in scoring position. Think Jed Lowrie August 2008. Great start, and then nothing.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Well someone obviously doesn't like Reddick, be careful posters who tend to constatnly post against one player enevitably become obessed with them cough*softywithEllsbury*cough

I don't necessarily disagree with you, Reddick pulling back is a huge concern but hating on him because of such a small sample size is a bit ridiculous.  We can saw Adrian Gonzalez is a bust because he's hitting .229 since the allstar break.  Although I think you would argue (and I would agree) Adrian Gonzalez is a proven player while reddick is not.  While 90 at-bats doesn't prove him 8 at-bats doesn't exactly disprove him either.  Some will say he deserves a shot to show what he can, some will say trade him for a RHH OF,  I say unless something drastic happens it looks like everyone is going to at least have to live with him in RF this year because we are not the GM.

so sit back, and hope your wrong, because your going to be seeing much more of Reddick likely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

I really hope that Reddick is the "real deal" and that his newfound plate discipline (which still only projects out to ~60 walks over a full season) is the key to his recent success.  However, even with his strong #s this season,I can't look past his career MLB line (albeit in only 220+ ABs) of .256 (AVG)/.298 (OBP)/.455 (OPS); the fact that he was hitting .230 when called up, and his career minor league average of .278 and an on-base percentage of .332.  

I really hope he is the real deal and not the next Phil Plantier, but my fear is that the league will catch up with him and that what we have long term is a .260 hitting platoon/4th outfielder with a low .300s OBP who plays good defense.

Let's hope I'm wrong and that he really has turned the corner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LOOKS LIKE J D DREW IS ON THE WAY TO THE  D L, AGAIN !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

They should be. He's the best outfielder in the system bar none. Forget those numbers from previous years. Go by what he's doing since he's been up with the big club this year.Baseball's a game of what have you done for me lately not what have you done.Lately this kid has been very very good. He's still adjusting to ML pitching. Don't rate the bat as an end all for his future in Boston. Rate the glove. So far superlative glove work. The thing that separates him though is the arm strength. From the OF he throws bullets, no hump, no bounce, just laser beams. Todays throw from medium deep RF was a chest high no bounce bullet to Salty who had time to catch, turn, and tag. That wasn't Big Popi tagging up either. The runner was out by three steps. Looking to the future, I'd hope that Theo sees these things and gets him more money sooner than later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

REDDICK= SECOND COMING OF TROT NIXON!  hALLLLAALUUUYAHHH!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Actually, Kalish  and his game is closer to Trot Nixon.
    Best in the system, bar none?
    Really! And you've seen Brentz , Hassan, Jacobs, and everyone else, right?
    Tell us what you base this statement on.
    Can't wait to hear it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

how about Reddick is doing it in the MLB while Hassan is in Portland, Brentz is in Salem, and Jacobs is in Greenville. 
    I do think that Brentz and Jacob have just as much (maybe even much more) upside than Reddick does, however single A and double a talent often never pans out.  The only thing that matters is what you do when you get to the big dance. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]I'd play a 2 man OF before I stuck Drew out there again
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

No really.  Tell everyone what you really think about Drew.  Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Reddick has just over 100 PAs this year. He has never hit this well in any full season of minor league ball.

I say play it safe and pick up a cheap, but solid RH'd bat for RF, just in case. Jeff Francouer sems to be the type that would help and not cost much.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Reddick has just over 100 PAs this year. He has never hit this well in any full season of minor league ball. I say play it safe and pick up a cheap, but solid RH'd bat for RF, just in case. Jeff Francouer sems to be the type that would help and not cost much.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]  IM OK WITH THAT IF THEO CAN PULL IT OFF..... I JUST WOULD NOT TRADE REDDICK !!!

Sections
Shortcuts