Theo at it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eufrates. Show Eufrates's posts

Theo at it again

I am so glad he is not longer with the Red Sox.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-1215-rogers-cubs-chicago--20111215,0,6837379.column

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Theo at it again

I know, WHY ever try to get talented players elsewhere?

Dice got 36 wins in his first 2 years. Show me another pitcher with 36 wins in a two year span please.

Get OVER the posting fee! Dice made about 8mil per season to pitch. The Sox paid 51mil to get into the Japanese market. Do you know how much Funai paid to have their name plastered on the post game backdrop, all over the stadium and in their commercials for the past few years??? Neither do I, but I bet it was darn close to that 51mil. Do you think a company like Funai advertises with the Sox if they don't venture into that market? That 51mil I could almost guarantee you was an investment well worht it for Red Sox Inc. And that's ONE advertiser. How much merchandise do you think they sold overseas after the signing?

One Japanese player didn't work out for the WHOLE contract, we better never sign another one! JD Drew screwed us, better nix all Jewish players next, sorry Youk! Oh man, they've been burned by so many pitchers and SS in the past...they better just not sign any anymore.

Yeah. That makes sense. Theo wasn't/isn't the problem. And as more proof that Dice K works on a business level, do you think Epstein pushes for a posting fee unless he KNOWS it was worth it for the Sox? Hmmmm. No, you're right, he's probably aware the Sox lost their shirt on that deal, but just wants to cruise around baseball undermining teams finances. Yeah. Totally believable and reasonable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Another SOX pitcher, that was meant to say up top.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Theo at it again:
    [QUOTE]I know, WHY ever try to get talented players elsewhere? Dice got 36 wins in his first 2 years. Show me another pitcher with 36 wins in a two year span please. Get OVER the posting fee! Dice made about 8mil per season to pitch. The Sox paid 51mil to get into the Japanese market. Do you know how much Funai paid to have their name plastered on the post game backdrop, all over the stadium and in their commercials for the past few years??? Neither do I, but I bet it was darn close to that 51mil. Do you think a company like Funai advertises with the Sox if they don't venture into that market? That 51mil I could almost guarantee you was an investment well worht it for Red Sox Inc. And that's ONE advertiser. How much merchandise do you think they sold overseas after the signing? One Japanese player didn't work out for the WHOLE contract, we better never sign another one! JD Drew screwed us, better nix all Jewish players next, sorry Youk! Oh man, they've been burned by so many pitchers and SS in the past...they better just not sign any anymore. Yeah. That makes sense. Theo wasn't/isn't the problem. And as more proof that Dice K works on a business level, do you think Epstein pushes for a posting fee unless he KNOWS it was worth it for the Sox? Hmmmm. No, you're right, he's probably aware the Sox lost their shirt on that deal, but just wants to cruise around baseball undermining teams finances. Yeah. Totally believable and reasonable.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Chien-Ming Wang
    200626NYYAL196
    200727NYYAL197
     Salary
    200626New York Yankees$353,175  
    200727New York Yankees$489,500

Daisuke Matsuzaka
    200726BOSAL1512
    200827BOSAL183
     Salary 
    200726Boston Red Sox$6,333,333  
    200827Boston Red Sox$8,333,333

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

LMAO! Inesptein, may do us favors!

Varitek, 39, and the 45-year-old Wakefield were heart-and-soul guys for the Red Sox during the nine years Epstein headed their baseball operations.

Varitek will be 40 during any contract sugar daddy contract he gifts them. There will be no other teams with more than minor league MLB spring training invite interest.

Varitek and Wastefield were the slug and fratboys during at least 2 of those 9 years. Nice to see Inepstein will be interested in welfare with another owner's money.

The posting bid makes sense, as DiceK did work out in a way Slackey has not worked out. 2007 and 2008 were quite good performance for DiceK. The posting fee most certainly is not included in CBT and is not part of player contract base. And for the big market teams to whine about a posting fee and then vote for Obama to continue status quo on entitlements and welfare is nothing short of hypocritical insanity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and if and when some other GM offers them a MLB deal, you will move the goalposts again.

Allow me to project your reaction:  

"GM _____ is a complete idiot who doesn't belong in MLB. This doesn't count as a MLB contract!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Is he really Japanese?  With a name like "Darvish".  I bet it's not pronounced DAR VISH.  Maybe DAHL BEESH.

The Tek signing makes sense.  If they let their starting catcher go, who better to mentor a young guy from AAA than Tek?

And Wakefield for $2 million is a good deal as long as he's not used like he was by the Red Sox last year.  The occassional long relief.  Start a game as part of a double header.  But if he's going to start 20 games - forget about it - it won't work.

You don't buy an old classic car and use it as an everyday commuter.  You occassionally take it out on days when the weather is nice and the traffic light.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo at it again : He is not 100% Japanese....his father has a different background but I am drawing a blank right now
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

His father is from Iran and his mother is from Japan

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wakefield has no market for 2 million, and has no market beyond a minor league non-guaranteed contract. Ditto, Varitek.

Those 2 were a major part of the late season collapse. Every man needs to earn a roster spot and be capable of finishing the season strong. Varitek and Wastefield are pity roster spots cased based upon what they did nearly a half a decade ago or more. One is a catcher over 40 who has been unable to finish either of last 2 seasons. The other will be closer to 50 than 40, and has carried a 5 plus ERA dating back 3 seasons ago. Watching those old farts, either unable to play a game during critical late season juncture, or looking like an old father coach pitching girl's softball practice.

Varitek as a player is done in Boston. Wastefield is likely to follow, as Cherrington insulted him, correctly, by recently stating, "if any role at all".  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's like my hankwilliams record is skipping. 

It just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Theo at it again:
    [QUOTE]I am so glad he is not longer with the Red Sox. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-1215-rogers-cubs-chicago--20111215,0,6837379.column
    Posted by Eufrates[/QUOTE]

The Tigris thanks you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am still waiting for the Pirates to offer the energizer battery duo of Wake/Tek a one year deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Maybe this explains why RS and Cubs have not resolved compensation issue. If Cubs do get rights to Yu maybe Garza to RS in some onesided trade as compensation for Theo leaving could be in the works?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Wakefield has no market for 2 million, and has no market beyond a minor league non-guaranteed contract. Ditto, Varitek. Those 2 were a major part of the late season collapse. Every man needs to earn a roster spot and be capable of finishing the season strong. Varitek and Wastefield are pity roster spots cased based upon what they did nearly a half a decade ago or more. One is a catcher over 40 who has been unable to finish either of last 2 seasons. The other will be closer to 50 than 40, and has carried a 5 plus ERA dating back 3 seasons ago. Watching those old farts, either unable to play a game during critical late season juncture, or looking like an old father coach pitching girl's softball practice. Varitek as a player is done in Boston. Wastefield is likely to follow, as Cherrington insulted him, correctly, by recently stating, "if any role at all".  
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

The back up catcher and 5th/6th starter in the rotation were "major reasons for collapse"?  Incredible insight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe this explains why RS and Cubs have not resolved compensation issue. If Cubs do get rights to Yu maybe Garza to RS in some onesided trade as compensation for Theo leaving could be in the works?
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

Getting Garza for Theo is a pipe dream.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Theo at it again:
    Wakefield has no market for 2 million, and has no market beyond a minor league non-guaranteed contract. Ditto, Varitek. Those 2 were a major part of the late season collapse. Every man needs to earn a roster spot and be capable of finishing the season strong. Varitek and Wastefield are pity roster spots cased based upon what they did nearly a half a decade ago or more. One is a catcher over 40 who has been unable to finish either of last 2 seasons. The other will be closer to 50 than 40, and has carried a 5 plus ERA dating back 3 seasons ago. Watching those old farts, either unable to play a game during critical late season juncture, or looking like an old father coach pitching girl's softball practice. Varitek as a player is done in Boston. Wastefield is likely to follow, as Cherrington insulted him, correctly, by recently stating, "if any role at all".  
    Posted by hankwilliams

The back up catcher and 5th/6th starter in the rotation were "major reasons for collapse"?  Incredible insight.

...and to add to this silliness that has been regurgitated for years now is the fact that the team went 12-11 when Wake (the 6/7th starter) pitched and 42-22 when Vtek (our back-up catcher who caught more innings than all but 3 MLB back-ups) caught and hit better than 14 MLB starting catchers!

The silly clown persists with his silliness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]It's like my hankwilliams record is skipping.  It just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Hank or as  some folks think he is really Softlaw in a Hank Williams suit is a lot of hot air, broken record, who loves to calling others morons, Perhaps he should look in a mirror. He may not like what he sees.

Hank is really correct about one thing. We need to get rid of Ells, our best player and MVP because we might have to cough up what he's worth after this  year. Do we really want a 300 hitter who can hot 30hrs, drive in a 100+runs, steal 40 bases and play a gold glove outfield. I think not. We need to bring back Coco Crispy !! LOL (kidding of course)

Hetchinspete.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek was effectively fired, so WL record for Mac and Varitek means zero. Ditto on Wastefield. Stooge will soon end his crusade to effectively go with a 23 man roster because Varitek and Wastefield are not getting the millions that stooge is offering them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hank or as  some folks think he is really Softlaw in a Hank Williams suit is a lot of hot air, broken record, who loves to calling others morons, Perhaps he should look in a mirror. He may not like what he sees.

Maybe he sees this... Mr. Hanky himself... (Merry XMas!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Syd. Show Syd's posts

[QUOTE]Hank or as  some folks think he is really Softlaw in a Hank Williams suit is a lot of hot air, broken record, who loves to calling others morons, Perhaps he should look in a mirror. He may not like what he sees. Maybe he sees this... Mr. Hanky himself... (Merry XMas!) www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCPOowojiC0
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Well said my Friend!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

What about that compnesation?  Is this not the biggest joke?  Bud Selig stepping in.  What did he forget already. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

I presume, despite history, Bud Selig is not sitting on his hands, but rather John Henry has told MLB that Ben and Theo will resolve this.  Hopefully, that means if the Red Sox do not get adequate compensation, that John Henry will open his wallet and authorize Ben to spend money on pitching in 2012? 

Sections
Shortcuts