Theo Epstein to Take over Cubs Rumour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Theo Epstein to Take over Cubs Rumour

Fine with me, as long as he takes the lackey, beckett, crawford, gonzalez, jenks contracts with him to chicago as part of the deal.

president of baseball operations, but never dismissed it in his first words about the topic tonight.

"I try to avoid commenting on things that are so speculative," Epstein said. "I know there are a couple of articles which have appeared but I'm completely focused on the Red Sox of 2011 first and foremost and what potentially lies ahead for this club.
    re.

"We're trying to get to the postseason and win the World Series and I spend all my time working with my staff to make this the organization we want it to be for now and in the future. That's where my exclusive focus is," Epstein said.

When reporters persisted, he said, "Something like that I can't even contemplate it long enough to comment on it. I'm all Red Sox, all the time."

Asked if he were happy to be with the Red Sox he said, "I'm really happy to be with the Red Sox. I'm really happy to have the ability to come to work to a place like this. We spend all of our time trying to make this the organization we want it to to be, building for the future, maximizing competitiveness for this year. Anyone associated with the Red Sox would be happy to work here and I am."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Theo Epstein to Take over Cubs Rumour

Luchino is the de facto gm. If this team implodes v. LP quality playoff starters then one can only hope Henry and Luchino send Epstein to Cubs and pay for the jet fuel to Chitown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hope he guys for him... I think the challenge would be great. He has to be thinking "why not?" The HOF would put Theo in on 1st ballot witha  WSC Cubs team under his reign.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Epstein to Take over Cubs Rumour:
    Luchino is the de facto gm. If this team implodes v. LP quality playoff starters then one can only hope Henry and Luchino send Epstein to Cubs and pay for the jet fuel to Chitown.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

You know this because of what? Your well placed sources inside the orginization? Theo has kept this team amongst the top teams in baseball in his time as GM and yet you wanna run him out on a rail. Makes no sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe the Cubs will take 

Lackey ($15.25M 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015) $61M Total
    Matsusaka ($10M 2012, then FA)
    Jenks ($6M 2012, then FA)
    Total: $77M

for

Zambrano ($18M 2012, then a FA) $18M Total
    and
    A. Soriano ($18M 2012, 2013, 2014) $54M Total
    Total: $72M

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Despite the 50mil savings (and the complete implausibility of that trade...which I know you know Moon :0) Soriano would be HATED in Boston, his lazy outfield play, and inablity to not swing at sliders out of the strike zone would drive BoSox fans INSANE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, it was tongue in cheek.

But, Soriano would be no more "hated" than Lackey, Dice and jenks combined. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Soriano I think would enter the JD Drew realm, especially since he would be on the payroll for quite a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Actually beckett was brought here by jed hoyer..during one of theo's, "i'm not sure what I'm going to do moments"... a bit flaky..but Dice, Lack, Jenks, Crawford, Gonzalez--those guys add up to just short of 1/2 billion dollars in red sox money...I'm sure Henry might be just a tad concerned

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why is Gonzalez a bad contract? Also Beckett is pretty good this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Luchino is the de facto gm. If this team implodes v. LP quality playoff starters then one can only hope Henry and Luchino send Epstein to Cubs and pay for the jet fuel to Chitown.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]
    LL cares more about ticket sales then roster moves these day(by days I mean like 5 or 6 years). If you really want to support him, buy a Fenway brick. If the Sox make the World Series they will face 11 different starting pitcher if they see 4 lefties they have seen a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Theo has kept this team amongst the top teams

Henry and Luchino have kept this franchise amongst the top teams. As long as they stay in place, things will go well and better value will be returned on investment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Theo has kept this team amongst the top teams Henry and Luchino have kept this franchise amongst the top teams. As long as they stay in place, things will go well and better value will be returned on investment.

You never cease to amaze me.  You keep throwing these things out like you actually know what you're talking about.  Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Theo has kept this team amongst the top teams Henry and Luchino have kept this franchise amongst the top teams. As long as they stay in place, things will go well and better value will be returned on investment.
    You use that term value so much that litteraly can mean everything and nothing at once. This really makes it a garbage word.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Hey Softballs,

Just wondering, if Lucchino is the de facto GM, why do you blame Epstein for bad signings??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I have a lot of respect for both, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Fine with me, as long as he takes the lackey, beckett, crawford, gonzalez, jenks contracts with him to chicago as part of the deal.

Why would you want to lose Beckett and Gonzo?  It's not logical.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

because the team would be 100% better with Lars Anderson at first, Daniel Nava in Left

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]because the team would be 100% better with Lars Anderson at first, Daniel Nava in Left
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

You forgot have Doubront open the playoffs series instead of Beckett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Softballs, Just wondering, if Lucchino is the de facto GM, why do you blame Epstein for bad signings??
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

What's so hard to understand. They divide the responsibilities. All the good signings and trades etc were Lucchino's and all the bad ones were Theos.

Sheesh -- it's black and white. Get with the program.

Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

And don't forget how many posters were ripping Theo for extending Beckett, which is the equivilent of a FA signing. This is the first year of the new contract. Seems to be fine so far.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Beckett could have been extended for a fraction of current contract had Inepstein waited until summer of 2010.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]And don't forget how many posters were ripping Theo for extending Beckett, which is the equivilent of a FA signing. This is the first year of the new contract. Seems to be fine so far.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yes, and softy was front & center calling Beckett a "lazy fat union slug". He' be ripping Theo had he not re-signed him and he walked to a team like the Yanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THEO,
    THE A GON SIGNING IS TURNING INTO A PUMPKIN. THE
    GUY IS GREAT AT GETTING HITS TO JUICE UP HIS AVERAGE,
    BUT HE CAN'T HOLD THE SHOES OF HITTERS LIKE TEIXEIRA,
    GRANDERSON AND CANO WHO DELIVER THE GOODS TIME
    AFTER TIME. I AM NOT A YANKEE FAN BY A LONG SHOT, BUT
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BASEBALL GENIUS TO SEE THAT
    GUYS LIKE CRAWFORD, AND AGON WILL NOT BE THE ANSWER
    FOR THE SOX. LACKEY WAS AWFUL AND ALBERS IS ALSO
    TURNING INTO A DUD. BECKETT JUST WENT DOWN WITH AN
    INJURY IN TORONTO AT 2:15 PM, SO BOSTON IS NOW A
    CRIPPLED TEAM, WITH NO PITCHING AND MEDIOCRE HITTING.
    THIS IS THEO'S LEGACY. ENJOY...FENWAY FANS, TAMPA BAY
    WILL CHALLENGE FOR THE WILD CARD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo Epstein to Take over Cubs Rumour : Yes, and softy was front & center calling Beckett a "lazy fat union slug". He' be ripping Theo had he not re-signed him and he walked to a team like the Yanks.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Now he is hurt again, so it remains to be seen if the contract is really a smart move.

Sections
Shortcuts