Theo haters may get their wish

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

Re: Theo haters may get their wish

If you were GM of the Patriots and you found out that the Bengals were interested, what would you do? It's not as if it's a move up. It would be a lateral move to a poorly run organization. I doubt Theo bites on that offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The cubs have an interest in Theo.  I have an interest in playing centerfield for the Red Sox.  Pretty much the same thing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Um, Scott Pioli did go to The Chiefs from the Pats. Somehow they survived pretty well.
    Please let the Cubbies take this overblown, overrated stat geek from Boston!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I believe Theo is still under contract with the Sox and the Cubs would have to get permission to talk to him.Brian Cashman and Billy Beane are also likely canidates for the Cubs opening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Theo haters may get their wish:
    [QUOTE]Buster Olney is reporting on espn.com that the Cubs may have an interest in Epstein becoming GM. What do you think?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

i don't think the cubs have been paying much attention to theo's FA record.

but if the cubs hire him, then i'll scream to the rafters "CONGRATULATIONS RED SOX!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I like Theo and think he has done a great job and wuld hate to see him go...but I also dont think it is far fetched that he would be interested in the Cubs job, for a few reasons....1) he could probably get more autonomy in Chicago then here with Larry L, 2) The Cubs are a big Market team so he would have resources to improve the team, 3) Ego...I think Theo would love the opportnity to prove he could turn the Cubs around, which would lend to the theory that he was the reason the Sox were successful, 4 Money...he could probably right his own Salary amount  and finally 5) Legacy.....can you imagine being the GM who won a WS with the Sox after 86 years and then also be the GM who won a WS with the Cubs after over 100 years....you could start writing a Cooperstown speech immediately. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Then, The RS could just slot Francona uo to GM and hire Varitek as Player-Manager!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Theo haters may get their wish:
    [QUOTE]Then, The RS could just slot Francona uo to GM and hire Varitek as Player-Manager!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

that would be weird.
    the puppet taking over for the ventriloquist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I wouldn't cry if he took the Cubs job. He has done a nice job in Boston, but don't think for a minute that he doesn't have 6 or 7 guys on that executive staff who either thinks like he does, has the same philosophy, and can't do what Theo did with the millions of dollars that are available to him for player acquisition use. Bottom line, the Sox will survive. I think the Patriots survived after Pioli, seem to be doing just fine in the player acquiring department. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Last time I checked, Theo was a Brookline native.  Home town kind of guy.

Plus he is married with a couple of kids and still (I think) living in Brookline.

Would an offer from the Cubs, no matter how lucrative, be substantial enough to make him (and his family) uproot?

Don't think so.  Though if he were made an offer by the Cubs, he may leverage it with John Henry to get a raise.

But he wouldn't leave, IMO.

And speaking of the FO, where is Lucchino these days?  He has been reallly quiet...is he up to something?

But I digress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yeah, but don't underestimate the challenge for Theo. He can't do anything more in Boston, he's got 2 WS titles in a city that starved for 86 years. In Chicago, the challenge is there. And what kind of Hall of Fame would not want to have a GM that broke 2 long droughts--the GM of the next winning Cubs WS team will be hailed a God.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, but don't underestimate the challenge for Theo. He can't do anything more in Boston, he's got 2 WS titles in a city that starved for 86 years. In Chicago, the challenge is there. And what kind of Hall of Fame would not want to have a GM that broke 2 long droughts--the GM of the next winning Cubs WS team will be hailed a God.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

sounds like you want him out of here as much as i do.
    we're just saying it differently.

goodbye theo!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo haters may get their wish :   CALM DOWN ALL YOU T-BALLERS....  THEO & I ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE !!!!  MAYBE  LARRY "LUCKY" LUCHINO'S SHOULD MOVE ON !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I hope Henry, Lucchino, Epstein and Francona all stick around awhile longer.  It's been a nice run.  I guess if pressed I'd have to add 'and especially Henry'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

[QUOTE]  where is Lucchino these days?  He has been reallly quiet...is he up to something? But I digress.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

He was just in Cooperstown for the MLB owners meeting at the hall of fame.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]The cubs have an interest in Theo.  I have an interest in playing centerfield for the Red Sox.  Pretty much the same thing. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    When I was single, I had an interest in dating Jennifer Aniston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo haters may get their wish : When I was single, I had an interest in dating Jennifer Aniston.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Did that make Brad Pitt the Red Sox?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think if Theo went elsewhere we would at least get a look at just how much he has done for the team.

I mean, we didn't appreciate Duquette until a 2004 team stocked mainly with his players pulled off a great playoff run, and he didn't have Henry's money to play around with.

I like Theo, don't get me wrong, but I think he is highly over-rated and many others could do what he's done given a rich owner and all the resources available to him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo haters may get their wish :   CALM DOWN ALL YOU T-BALLERS....  THEO & I ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE !!!!  MAYBE  LARRY "LUCKY" LUCHINO'S SHOULD MOVE ON !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

you sure know how to throw a wet blanket on a good party.
    i'm especially sad that theo and you aren't going anywhere; kind of dashes my hopes.
    but if i had to choose between the two of you, i'd prefer that you stayed and theo left.
    you're essentially a harmless tea party guy who has no effect on my SOX; where theo, on the other hand, is a very disruptive force, who has blundered himself into clownville.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Please help me with this, Theo/Tito haters ...

The last eight years eight years have been the most successful run run by this franchise since my Virginia homeboy Woodrow Wilson was president. And it's not even close. Yet you want these guys gone ... why?

I guess it would make some degree of sense if you wanted one of them gone. But if you want both gone, it means you believe Theo has signed terrible players and Tito can't manage them. Yet here we are, in a virtual tie for first place and with a good shot of winning our third world championship in eight years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo haters may get their wish : When I was single, I had an interest in dating Jennifer Aniston.

I'm single and still have an interest in dating Lucy Pinder.Maybe then,I wouldn't be such a grumpy old man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Please help me with this, Theo/Tito haters ... The last eight years eight years have been the most successful run run by this franchise since my Virginia homeboy Woodrow Wilson was president. And it's not even close. Yet you want these guys gone ... why? I guess it would make some degree of sense if you wanted one of them gone. But if you want both gone, it means you believe Theo has signed terrible players and Tito can't manage them. Yet here we are, in a virtual tie for first place and with a good shot of winning our third world championship in eight years.

after signing drew, slackey, and crawford, you still want to know why?
    hey lloyd, LONDON'S CALLING; you'd better answer.

Sections
Shortcuts