Theo hypocrites!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Re: Theo hypocrites!!!!

Why is this man from Charlotte, NC posting at 3 a.m.?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Not much longer I guess they will realize the error of their choice.  when two players are close go with the prime age payer.  Tito was wrong about where to bat CC. Right?

You hope that not much longer they will see the elite MLB SS you have pipe dreamed. Because of Mac and Cameron, they'll have to make a roster move before they get the fragile Lowrie into an everyday role. As much as it is killing you, I doubt Lowrie goes into an everyday role anytime soon, unless there is an injury. You'll have to get your panties unbunched for at least another few weeks, if not months.

He was dead wrong on where to bat CC, but they are right that Lowrie is not an everyday SS at the MLB level. Barring injury, Iglesias will be the Red Sox SS of the future, which is the correct move. The odds are that this is fragile Jed's last year with the Red Sox. Need to have more v. RHP slugging ability to be a starting 3B. And Lowrie has neither the size and agility or quickness to be a career starting SS. His future is at 2B where away from Fenway he may or may not be a starting 2B. Pedroia, if injury free, is truly an elite 2B because of his defense and offensive package. Unless Youk or Iglesias get hurt, Lowrie has no long term future with the Red Sox. He's never going to be a regular frequently used career DH, so I suspect he'll be traded to try and fill future needs that have not been taken care of in the OF, behind the plate, and quality starting pitching depth.

Now, when Lowrie gets traded, will you start pulling for his new team? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Harness, you've been on a rant about this "softy" and Wakefield hating. I have no idea what Softy said to hurt your feelings, but I'm not "softy". But Wakefield is a total joke as an active roster spot. That's not "hating", it's a fact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Carnie: Softy hates Lowrie/Jake/Wake.

Hate can't be disguised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WinningTigerBlood. Show WinningTigerBlood's posts

Theo's Stained "Legacy":

Lugo (had to eat contract)
    Renteria (had to eat contract)
    Cameron (currently eating bloated contract)
    Lackey (currently eating bloated contract)
    Daisucko (currently eating bloated contract)
    Beckett (currently eating bloated contract)
    Drew (currently eating bloated contract)
    CrAWFUL (currently eating bloated contract)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I agree to a point, but there comes a time when you really can project what a team will do after a couple weeks. Some things are just that obvious. There is only one way out of this the way I see it. Something has to happen to shock this team into reality. I have no idea what that would be, but something has to happen within the next week or so. If what Beckett did Sunday didn't light a fire under this team, what CAN? See what I mean? As a general rule, patterns that are set early create the makeup for a season--UNLESS something dramatic happens to change it. A walk-off two run home run might have done it tonight, but that didn't happen, and now even if they win the next game they've lost this series. That goes a longer way than we'd like to admit. It could be that this team simply isn't as good as we thought it would be. Part of the reason the offense is struggling is that the nature of the peices is such that they don't fit together well. That's a problem! I'll be the first one to come onto this site and post that I was wrong, I'll enjoy every second of it, and I'll do it in bold letters!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You certainly have a valid point, but there are several balanced posters here who see and have seen the whole picture.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

will you start pulling for another team Lowrie plays for?

mea culpa time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Everyones frustration, including my own, are the magnitude of the issues. Currently 23rd in BA, last in ERA. No run support in a few games where the starters did well (and there haven't been many of those), CC is a shadow of himself, and honestly, I didn't know AG actually runs slower than Papi. I remained worried about the core pitching staff during the off season but am always hopeful it'll be better than worse when the season starts, so much for that, just more of the same, inconsistency, Dice-K should retire, Lakey should be traded.

Thoe's totally at fault with the pitching issues but the batting is under performers getting over paid (we know who the exceptions are). You gotta think a guy like Carl Crawford will get himself out of this though? and there's the ongoing issues at SS and catcher...hmmm...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

2008-2010 OPS vs LHP :

Good point, Lowrie should platoon off the bench, kind of like he does now, as UIF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

this is disheartening for sox fans, I can't believe how many are giving up so early in the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

"Elite MLB SS" = mea cuckoo time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Theo hypocrites!!!!

If I see one more post about how Theo Epstien is the worst GM in baseball, has made terrible decisions, or that his "regime" is a failure, I'm very likely to do something unfortunate to myself or to someone dear to me. PLEASE! Most of you were singing his praises for Gonzalez, Crawford, Wheeler, Jenks in January, and now he's suddenly a failure? If the moves haven't worked out (which remains to be seen) it certainly isn't because they were obviously bad moves given the information that was in front of him in December. The players simply are not even doing what they NORMALLY do, let alone improved from last year. This team right now is LOUSY, there are no other ways to say it, and, unfortunately, enough bad has happened already to determine that this team will probably not win the World Series, 100 games, and is not all that likely to even make the playoffs. I'm truly sorry to say it, but it's just the way it is. I've just seen too much baseball for too long to believe this team is who I thought they would be two weeks ago. Losing tonight to the Rays, I believe a line was crossed that we may not be able to go back on--just like last year when they were swept at home in April by this same team. Right then you knew things were wrong with that team that were not easy fixes, and so it was. We will see about 2011. But be that as it may, STOP blaming Theo Epstien. True he's not perfect, but he's also not popping up with RISP, and just about every one of you were singing his praises in December for bringing in the same players you are griping about now. I even saw one post that asked if the Red Sox would try to move Gonzalez at the trade deadline. The most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here. You're kidding right? Make up your mind man, pick a side and stick with it.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

GMs in all sports are judged on what players do after the deals...
    fair or not.

It's the nature of the business. They know it.

Should a good Gm be able to project who buckles under pressure?

Hard to say if it's all just luck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Softy never hurt my feelings. Softy's banter is a hoot.
    But I can clearly see why he generates such vile responses.

Softy is to this board what Babe is.
    They both come here and take positions to incite.
    Both are extremely biased and have little vision as a result.
    Both can't survive without an uneven playing field. Distorting facts means little to either. They have no motivation to see the truth when their G.Damn egos are at stake.

Their tone against any poster who doesn't agree with them is implemented to cover a lack of baseball knowledge. It's a defense mechanism.

Both posters are a ban-in-the-waiting.
    The difference  between them is: Softlaw thinks his positions make him some kinda martyr if they oppose the board majority. The fact he's often wrong is secondary.
    I think he'd almost rather die or disappear than ever admitting he was wrong.

He's a wanna-be GM, a wanna-be sports writer, a wanna-be politician.
    He's a pathological liar, who will go to any extreme to not be proven wrong.
    Now, a pathological liar is quite different from a George Washington, who told a lie.

He lives in the political past of his ancestry, who were likely as corrupt as he is.
    In short, he's an embarrassment to his own species.

Now, aren't you glad you are "not" him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

The thing that most of the posters gloss over, is the fact that
    if Boston were in the AL Central, or West...2-9 would be
    distressing but at this early stage might be overcome. The
    issue is...we are in the same division with the Yankees, who
    will not " come back to the pack" They make good trades ..
    such as picking up Eric Chavez,Russell Martin, and Granderson.
    The Soriano trade will pan out well as will the Colon move.
    Face it, they always make the playoffs and we will be hard
    pressed to have a W-L record to get us there. Right now, the
    Sox realistically will be in a fight to the death with teams like
    the White Sox, Tigers, Angels, and even the Twins to get into
    a playoff spot. . It will not be a "slam dunk " like we thought.
    Our pitching is good, but we have no # 4 or 5 arm, and we
    lack credible HR stats. Compare our power stats with those
    of the Rangers or Yankees and it will open your eyes !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Since I don't know him, and since I can only be myself, that's a pretty stupid question. Now, let's move away from talking about another poster and get to your issues. Within your comments is a reflection of your own disturbed mind. Talking about someone who lives in the political past of his corrupt ancestry is making the assumption that living in the political present is honest. Not sure if you are too jaded and affected to admit it, but as bad as the political past was it doesn't hold to candle to how corrupt, depraved and destructive the political present. Given your obvious resentment towards the political past, it's pretty obvious that you cling to the resentments that where inculcated from your low socioeconomic ancestry. 

Now, aren't I delighted that I'm not you? You betcha!

You are one of these old bully posters who pretends to have superior baseball knowledge. Your defense is to make affected comments like the one above. You shouldn't cower with the childish spitballs which simply reveal your resentful jaded character.

Your catcher comments are a reflection that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. You could write a book on it and it still wouldn't refute what one sentence says quite clearly. I understand you have a child-like fixation on Varitek, but the mental gymanistics should be very embarrassing to you. What also should be very embarrassing to you is your affected and resentful character.  

As for what a patholigical liar is, it's not someone posting under a nickname on a message board. A close look at the political leaders of the present is where you need to open your eyes and see exactly what a patholgical liar is.

You throw small stones from a thin glass house.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was a leader in projecting a political outburst by softy ....ahhh, hemmm...I mean GM that would also be identical to the absurd Clown's views.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Theo hypocrites!!!!:
    Since I don't know him, and since I can only be myself, that's a pretty stupid question. Now, let's move away from talking about another poster and get to your issues. Within your comments is a reflection of your own disturbed mind. Talking about someone who lives in the political past of his corrupt ancestry is making the assumption that living in the political present is honest. Not sure if you are too jaded and affected to admit it, but as bad as the political past was it doesn't hold to candle to how corrupt, depraved and destructive the political present. Given your obvious resentment towards the political past, it's pretty obvious that you cling to the resentments that where inculcated from your low socioeconomic ancestry.  Now, aren't I delighted that I'm not you? You betcha! You are one of these old bully posters who pretends to have superior baseball knowledge. Your defense is to make affected comments like the one above. You shouldn't cower with the childish spitballs which simply reveal your resentful jaded character. Your catcher comments are a reflection that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. You could write a book on it and it still wouldn't refute what one sentence says quite clearly. I understand you have a child-like fixation on Varitek, but the mental gymanistics should be very embarrassing to you. What also should be very embarrassing to you is your affected and resentful character.   As for what a patholigical liar is, it's not someone posting under a nickname on a message board. A close look at the political leaders of the present is where you need to open your eyes and see exactly what a patholgical liar is. You throw small stones from a thin glass house.
    Posted by BaseballGM

Gee. Did I hurt ur feelings? Why on earth would you care what I said about this nut-case Softlaw? Sounds like UR taking my post toward "Softlaw" personally.
    Tell me, did it get so intolerable living with him in the same  body - that now you feel liberated?

I never said or alluded to the current-day political landscape as being honest.
    You did. I don't know of any time when it could be referred to as honest.
    Which explains your, ahhhh, I mean Softlaw's dedication to it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

You most certainly did allude to the current-day political landscape, by referring to the past political landscape.

No, didn't hurt my feelings, nor do I care about "Softy". But, it is you who project your own insecurities within your diatribes and resentful childish rants. I understand your feelings have been hurt because of your childlike infatuation with Varitek, but one must learn to separate emotional inadequacies from fact. There isn't anyway that your catcher is an extension of the pitcher delusions can be proven because fiction isn't fact. Let me know when caddies decide on a putting line, speed, much less actually putt. Catchers don't decide on the pitch, the location, or pitch. End of story.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

CADDIES???

PUTTING LINE???

Undecided

Where have I heard this before?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I don't know, where did you first start having those delusions about Varitek pitching?

Sections
Shortcuts