Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions

Just how many rings did Rice, Dewey and Tony C have with the Sox? None...I do agree we need balance and so too does Epstien and Franconathat's why they had two righties on the bench (Cameron and D-mac).  Let's not confuse the issue, having three lefthanded Ofers isn't that big of a deal if the afore mentioned 4th and 5th ofer had contributed to thier career norms...Our RF cituation and bottom of the order is further exaserbated by the lack of production from Drew! 

I find it funny that the experts never complain about a lineup with too many righthanded sticks in it...Last, I checked the Sox were well over .500 vs lefties this year. With plenty of time to address the need for 2011...

1-6 our lineup stacks up with any team in the game, I deally it would be great to be able to slot a righthanded bat between Ortiz and Crawford when we face tough lefties! and I am confident that by the end of the deadline, we'll have that guy on the roster...along with Reddick...6-9 is where the issue is and that has more to do with lack of production from RFers than Saltalamacchia, Varitek, Lowrie or Scutaro...

Ells
    Pedrioa
    Gonzales
    Youk
    Ortiz
    Crawford
    -------
    Saltalamacchia-Varitek
    Drew-Cameron-D-Mac
    Scutaro-Lowrie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

IMHO the price of Kalish ( our anointed next rf'r and utility cf'r), Ranaudo ( top of rotation starter in 2-3 years), future shortstop, PLUS pieces is WAY too much for anyone, let alone Kemp--unless Dodgers throw in a 1981 model Valenzuela or 1988 Hershiser.
    But as said previously on other post, I habitually fall in love with our prospects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Rice was a Hall of Famer. Dewey may have been the all time best in RF for the Sox. Tony C could have been unreal, if he didn't get blinded.
    What the hell does thier talent have to do with rings? It's a team game.
    You need balance, and this team does play in Fenway Park.
    Two mediocre bench players who hit right handed don't cut it.
    As long as I live, I'll never get the attraction Theo has for Drew, Cameron and Crawford.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

tbrod...

I get that Rice is a hof (borderline), Dewey is one of my all time favorites and I cringed when Hamilton hit Tony C...my reference to rings is that for decades the Sox rolled out power hitting righthanded lineups with little or no balance and the results were 86 years of futility....I don't pine for those days...Our lineup is constructed differnetly in that Youk, Gonzales & Ortiz are our 3-4-5 hitters.there's no lack of pop in our lineup...1-6 we match up with anty lineup in the game today....I get the need to have balanced lineup and more important, so does the Sox management...Just becasue Cameron and D-mac both struggled this year isn't cause to whine and complain that somehow the plan was flawed...

End of the day, we're a game and half out of first in the hunt with a very good core nucleaus...with the trade deadline approaching, as with all teams in the hunt, the next month is about finishing the roster and addressing injuries and under performance. If Drew was hitting to his Red Sox norm, .280-380-420-900 this whole lefty leaning lineup stuff would be far less of an issue, again look it up the Sox last I checked the sox we're something like 14-7 against lefthanded starters.

As for our minor league system Kalish and Reddick are the best, closet to ML ready that we have both are also lefties and neither of them are considered to be impact bats, both have a simlar skill set...Had it not been for the unfortunate illness that befell young Westmorland who knows what our OF might have looked like this year...Looking forward beyond this year, I'm pretty certain that whomever we sign or trade for to replace Drew will likely be righthanded. Dewey would be the perfect fit, I'd love to see them find a way to get Pence who reminds me of Dewey.

Fear not, it's easy to poke holes in the squad today, I suggest that we allow the process to work itself out and come Oct 1st we'll be right there in the thick of it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions : They can't afford to re-sign him and they need pitching plus the lower price tag.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]They control Kemp for this year and next. They only are paying him $7M this year and will be able to arbitrate for 2012. As for 2012 they will be having a few vet contract expiring that will give them the headroom to retain Kemp for 2012.

They need hitting as much as they need pitching. My question is why the RS would trade a pitcher they control through 2017 with just under $30M committed to get an OFer who  has only one year of arbitration left.

The RS might not get to post season but if they do they need Buchholz more than an upgrade in RF, the last week aside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Hunter Pence is a really fine player, who does it all, while looking gangly.
    I'd love to see him in RF at Fenway. The Astros are a mess, and Pence isn't expensive payroll wise.
    The guy I'd put number one on my wish list (and impossible to obtain) is Ryan Braun. Wow! This guy is young, hits for average, hits with power, and already has 19 stolen bases. He can run. Don't know if he could handle RF at Fenway, but he's a better athlete than almost any RF around.
    He's not a big guy, but he can bomb the baseball.
    Besides, Theo only gets man crushes on lefty hitters, unless they're shortstops.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Red Sox won't be adding Payroll Period. They are capped, Gammons basically said as much on behalf of the team a week or so ago.  Your GM Theo can spin the words anyway he wants but taking on payroll simply isn't going to happen.  Besides after trades for AGON and VMart in the past, the cupboard is somewhat bare.( the talent is somewhat over valued)  Signing Lackey and Crawford in back to back seasons to 5 and 7 year Contracts will hinder the franchise in such circumstances.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

This is starting to get a bit outrageous . . . I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Theo won't be able to swing a trade for Ryan Braun.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If the Sox could get someone to pay part of Drew's remaining deal, part of Cam's remaining deal, and/or part of Lackey or Jenks' deal, they may have enough to make a deal and not increase payroll.

They might also have some "extra cash" from insurance on Dice-K. Anyone know about this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

I would love to see Kemp or Pence in a Sox uniform, but you guys need to accept that it is simply not gonna happen! If I were GM, I would probably, based on what I can figure as a fan, trade for Kemp. I would probably offer a package like Kalish (Reddick becomes RF), Ranaudo (Weaver and Wainright are availible in free agency in the next few years), Navarro (Iggy becomes new shortstop) and Larvenway (Saltalamachhia is proving himself). However, there are probably inside limits, reasons that Theo won't do it that fans don't get a look at. Besides, if we stay put, this is our lineup in 2013 (assuming we resign Papi):
     CF Ells
     2B Pedroia
     1B Gonzalez
     3B Youkilis
     LF Crawford
     DH Papi
     RF Kalish
     C Salty
     SS Iggy

Other than Papi (37) and Youk (34) everyone in the lineup is either in their prime or still getting better: Ells and Pedey are 29, Gonzo and Crawford are 31, Kalish will be 25, Salty will be 28, and Iglesias will be 23.
     If you really want a better Right Fielder, trade for Carlos Beltran.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Do NOT give away Lavernaway !  At rate he is shooting up the system ( and getting BETTER at every level) this kid looks better every day. Might be the next Fisk ?

Dittos for Anthony Ranaudo.

Even for a long term deal, like trade & sign, for Pence or Cuddyer, I wouldn't deal ANY of Lavernaway, Ranaudo, or Iglesias--not for King Felix, Halladay, Pujols, nobody.
    End of story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE] I wouldn't deal ANY of Lavernaway, Ranaudo, or Iglesias--not for King Felix, Halladay, Pujols, nobody. End of story.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

You have to be willing to make trades that improve your team, not to do so because you've fallen in love with your own prospects is foolish. I think you'd be foolish not to trade all three of them for Felix.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I may have gone too far, okay. But plundering the entire system for one small piece ( rf) is not sustainable. For an annual Cy Young candidate ?  Okay.

But I REALLY like Lavernaway, fact he's smart-Yalie; seems to hit better at each higher level, etc.

And Iglesias will close Theo's revolving door at ss.
    And Ranaudo looks VERY good, according to scouts / talent evaluators, etc.
    I actually spent time last winter considering A-Gon's cost, wondering if too high.LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]I may have gone too far, okay. But plundering the entire system for one small piece ( rf) is not sustainable. For an annual Cy Young candidate ?  Okay. But I REALLY like Lavernaway, fact he's smart-Yalie; seems to hit better at each higher level, etc. And Iglesias will close Theo's revolving door at ss. And Ranaudo looks VERY good, according to scouts / talent evaluators, etc. I actually spent time last winter considering A-Gon's cost, wondering if too high.LOL
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

I understand your hesitancy, I don't want to give away the farm for a rental either. But you got to give something to get something. I wouldn't trade either of those guys unless I was getting a long-term solution in return. But I do generally trust this front office . . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Adding Kemp and subtracting Ells doesn't substantially improve our lineup

I want you to look at the 2011 splits and lines and put down your crack pipe:

Kemp   BA .331  OBP .415  SLG  .628  OPS 1.043 HR 22

"Ells"   BA .296  OBP .357  SLG .450   OPS  .807  HR 9 

v. LHP (Ells is a joke and Kemp is beast)

"Ells"  BA .233  OBP .307  SLG .322  OPS .629  HR Zero

Kemp BA .333  OBP .471  SLG .591  OPS 1.062  HR 4  (1 HR every 16 AB's)

Needless to say, Kemp would turn an OF v. LHP joke into a dangerous weapon for the dog day stretch of the season and the post season. Reddick, even when his bigger sample drops his numbers down, with Drew and a soon returning Crawford, is going to be more than adequate on the lefty slapping.

Theo foolishly signed Crawford and did nothing to address the issue of a solid young RH OF'er. If the insiders knew that Cameron was aged out after the injury, pretending that he could do the job as part-timer was only one part-time RH bat, anyway. This was GM malpractice by Theo, who says "I'll take the hit on that one". Mac's done nothing and could have been run through waivers and likely parked in AAA, so Cameron had better be washed up. A player that hits 2 homers in one game and then sits for long stretches is hardly the guy to DFA in front of Mac. But, the bottom line is that Theo did nothing to get a young solid RH OF'er that was needed on this team for the future, as much as the present.

Instead of this nonsense about dealing Buch (absurd) and prospects, give up the infatuation with Ellsbury. He's not that good, nor is he a long term fit with Crawford and Reddick and Kalish in an overload of lefty slappers. His numbers were falling right back to the range they usually are, except his hitting v. LHP has been pitiful. Long term, he has to go! Short term, not pursuing Kemp is a stupid GM!

The Dodgers are one of the worst teams in baseball, right now, and have little chance of contending for the wild card, much less contending for a WS. The Dodgers are at least two years or more away, and they have little chance of extending Kemp because of their current clowd and the fact that Kemp is resigning himself to finish out his last year and half of FA on a loser.  They have a dark clowd that Kemp and his agent will want to get away from.

Drew and Cameron are almost off the books, and Kemp in and Ellsbury out is only a small increase in payroll for the remainder of 2011. Beyond that, Drew and Cameron subtracts 21.5M from the OF for 2012. Ellsbury is likely a 4 to 7 arbitration for 2012. 

The Red Sox should offer:

Ellsbury (2011 remaining cost 1.2 million) 2012 4-6 2013 4-6 FA= 12M 2.5 Yrs
    for Kemp (2011 remaining cost 3.5) 2012 12-14M  FA = 17.5M 1.5 Yrs

Dodgers get Ellsbury through 2013 and save 2.25M '11 6-8M '12 12-14M '13
    Dodgers spend 20 to 25 million less for a starting OF'er through 2013

Their choice of:

Doubrant or Weiland  

and Lowrie and Hassan

If the Dodgers agree, get a condition precedent window to extend Kemp as follows:

2011  remaining 3.5M  Age 26
    2012  23M (replaces Drew and Cameron 21.5M in 2011)
    2013  23M
    2014  23M
    2015  23M 
    2016  23M Age 31
    2017  13.5M
    2018  13.5M Age 33

Kemp will agree to this offer. He would be both a perfect short term and long term fit for this team and future years in Fenway. Unlike Matt Holliday or Werth or Crawford or Wells, etc. the Red Sox would get the best baseball life tables and end the lack of a true slugging star in the OF. Crawford doesn't and won't cut it, and Ellsbury and Crawford is simply stupid.

The third OF'er would be the fresh off the farm hands, currently Reddick and Kalish, to keep the OF budget, with a veteran 4th OF'er bencher, at about 45 million. Crawford and Kemp compliment one another, Crawford and Ellsbury do not. The current OF budget for 2011 is about 44 million so that is in line with current budget.

Frankly, I don't see what Theo is waiting for. The Dodgers would get Ellsbury plus one or two major league ready young cheap players, plus and additonal one or two solid young higher level prospects. Given where they are and where they are going in the near future, pretty hard to turn that deal down. I suspect they would attempt to get Buchholz and Ellsbury, but there isn't another team in baseball who will offer anything like that. Unlikely any other major market contenders would match the offer, above.

2011:

LF Crawford/Kemp
    CF Kemp/Reddick
    RF Reddick/Drew

Even though Cameron has been dumped in Theo's dumpster, Mac should be put through waivers and attempted to be parked back in AAA, with Drew becoming the 4th OF'er to allow Reddick to get enough reps to finish out 2011.  

LF Kemp (Keep Kemp as fresh as possible for slugging)
    CF Reddick or Kalish
    RF Crawford (make Crawford do the running)

Lineup:

v. most RHP starters

1 Crawford
    2 Pedroia
    3 AGon
    4 Ortiz
    5 Kemp
    6 Youk
    Game almost over on offense, 3-6 murderer's row, and for WS simpy subtract Ortiz and still murderer's row 3-5

Fill out:

7 Reddick
    8 Salty
    9 Scutaro

v. most LHP starters

Crawford or Scutaro if Crawford keep stinking (Ellsbury stinks v. LHP in 2011)
    Pedroia
    Agon
    Kemp
    Youk
    Ortiz
    Crawford, if Scutaro is leading off, if not Scutaro to 9
    Reddick or Drew  7th if Crawford leading off
    Salty or Varitek  8th if Crawford leading off Scutaro 9

Anyone claiming this wouldn't be a huge improvement is not living the real world. But, going into 2012 and beyong, it's pretty obvious that Crawford and Ellsbury and bargain bin RF OF shopping is a joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE] Adding Kemp and subtracting Ells doesn't substantially improve our lineup I want you to look at the 2011 splits and lines and put down your crack pipe: Kemp   BA .331  OBP .415  SLG  .628  OPS 1.043 HR 22 "Ells"   BA .296  OBP .357  SLG .450   OPS  .807  HR 9  v. LHP (Ells is a joke and Kemp is beast) "Ells"  BA .233  OBP .307  SLG .322  OPS .629  HR Zero Kemp BA .333  OBP .471  SLG .591  OPS 1.062  HR 4  (1 HR every 16 AB's) Needless to say, Kemp would turn an OF v. LHP joke into a dangerous weapon for the dog day stretch of the season and the post season. Reddick, even when his bigger sample drops his numbers down, with Drew and a soon returning Crawford, is going to be more than adequate on the lefty slapping. Theo foolishly signed Crawford and did nothing to address the issue of a solid young RH OF'er. If the insiders knew that Cameron was aged out after the injury, pretending that he could do the job as part-timer was only one part-time RH bat, anyway. This was GM malpractice by Theo, who says "I'll take the hit on that one". Mac's done nothing and could have been run through waivers and likely parked in AAA, so Cameron had better be washed up. A player that hits 2 homers in one game and then sits for long stretches is hardly the guy to DFA in front of Mac. But, the bottom line is that Theo did nothing to get a young solid RH OF'er that was needed on this team for the future, as much as the present. Instead of this nonsense about dealing Buch (absurd) and prospects, give up the infatuation with Ellsbury. He's not that good, nor is he a long term fit with Crawford

and Reddick and Kalish in an overload

of lefty slappers.
    His numbers were falling right back to the range they usually are, except his hitting v. LHP has been pitiful. Long term, he has to go! Short term, not pursuing Kemp is a stupid GM! The Dodgers are one of the worst teams in baseball, right now, and have little chance of contending for the wild card, much less contending for a WS. The Dodgers are at least two years or more away, and they have little chance of extending Kemp because of their current clowd and the fact that Kemp is resigning himself to finish out his last year and half of FA on a loser.  They have a dark clowd that Kemp and his agent will want to get away from. Drew and Cameron are almost off the books, and Kemp in and Ellsbury out is only a small increase in payroll for the remainder of 2011. Beyond that, Drew and Cameron subtracts 21.5M from the OF for 2012. Ellsbury is likely a 4 to 7 arbitration for 2012.  The Red Sox should offer: Ellsbury (2011 remaining cost 1.2 million) 2012 4-6 2013 4-6 FA= 12M 2.5 Yrs for Kemp (2011 remaining cost 3.5) 2012 12-14M  FA = 17.5M 1.5 Yrs Dodgers get Ellsbury through 2013 and save 2.25M '11 6-8M '12 12-14M '13 Dodgers spend 20 to 25 million less for a starting OF'er through 2013 Their choice of: Doubrant or Weiland      and Lowrie and Hassan If the Dodgers agree, get a condition precedent window to extend Kemp as follows: 2011  remaining 3.5M  Age 26 2012  23M (replaces Drew and Cameron 21.5M in 2011) 2013  23M 2014  23M 2015  23M  2016  23M Age 31 2017  13.5M 2018  13.5M Age 33 Kemp will agree to this offer. He would be both a perfect short term and long term fit for this team and future years in Fenway. Unlike Matt Holliday or Werth or Crawford or Wells, etc. the Red Sox would get the best baseball life tables and end the lack of a true slugging star in the OF. Crawford doesn't and won't cut it, and Ellsbury and Crawford is simply stupid. The third OF'er would be the fresh off the farm hands, currently Reddick and Kalish, to keep the OF budget, with a veteran 4th OF'er bencher, at about 45 million. Crawford and Kemp compliment one another, Crawford and Ellsbury do not. The current OF budget for 2011 is about 44 million so that is in line with current budget. Frankly, I don't see what Theo is waiting for. The Dodgers would get Ellsbury plus one or two major league ready young cheap players, plus and additonal one or two solid young higher level prospects. Given where they are and where they are going in the near future, pretty hard to turn that deal down. I suspect they would attempt to get Buchholz and Ellsbury, but there isn't another team in baseball who will offer anything like that. Unlikely any other major market contenders would match the offer, above.   2011: LF Crawford/Kemp CF Kemp/Reddick RF Reddick/Drew Even though Cameron has been dumped in Theo's dumpster, Mac should be put through waivers and attempted to be parked back in AAA, with Drew becoming the 4th OF'er to allow Reddick to get enough reps to finish out 2011.   2012 LF Kemp (Keep Kemp as fresh as possible for slugging) CF Reddick or Kalish RF Crawford (make Crawford do the running) Lineup: v. most RHP starters 1 Crawford 2 Pedroia 3 AGon 4 Ortiz 5 Kemp 6 Youk Game almost over on offense, 3-6 murderer's row, and for WS simpy subtract Ortiz and still murderer's row 3-5 Fill out: 7 Reddick 8 Salty 9 Scutaro v. most LHP starters Crawford or Scutaro if Crawford keep stinking (Ellsbury stinks v. LHP in 2011) Pedroia Agon Kemp Youk Ortiz Crawford, if Scutaro is leading off, if not Scutaro to 9 Reddick or Drew  7th if Crawford leading off Salty or Varitek  8th if Crawford leading off Scutaro 9 Anyone claiming this wouldn't be a huge improvement is not living the real world. But, going into 2012 and beyong, it's pretty obvious that Crawford and Ellsbury and bargain bin RF OF shopping is a joke.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

So now CC/Kalish/Reddick are also lefty slappers. More labels.
    All have shown power in their respective levels. Reddick, alone, was averaging 45 dingers over 500 AB in Pawtucket this year.

The Dodgers will not take on Jake's arbitration years. There's no way. The Sox don't have the low-cost pieces to make it work, unless Bard is in the mix, and that only creates a possibility. Kemp is facing NL competition. He's having a solid year this year. Last year his hit .249 with 170 K's and a terrible SB success rate.

Fielding pct: Jake: .998 career.
    Kemp: .984 career, incl. .977 this year.

There's a better chance of you rooting for Wake than there is Theo taking on another 20 mil-a-year outfielder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

The Dodgers will not take on Jake's arbitration years. There's no way

They will take on Kemp's massive 2012 arbitration year, but they won't take on Ellsbury's arbitration years.

Harness, remember, AGon is still in San Diego, like you said he would be.

The Dodgers would likely do this deal, and the Red Sox should work overtime on this deal.

As for your nonsense about "they'll never take on another 20M" outfielder, Crawbust has nothing to do with Kemp, who is younger, lower mileage, and a true slugger at age 26 who is the RH young OF'er that fits short and long term. Your Crawbury nonsense is a joke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The Dodgers will not take on Jake's arbitration years. There's no way They will take on Kemp's massive 2012 arbitration year, but they won't take on Ellsbury's arbitration years. Harness, remember, AGon is still in San Diego, like you said he would be. The Dodgers would likely do this deal, and the Red Sox should work overtime on this deal. As for your nonsense about "they'll never take on another 20M" outfielder, Crawbust has nothing to do with Kemp, who is younger, lower mileage, and a true slugger at age 26 who is the RH young OF'er that fits short and long term. Your Crawbury nonsense is a joke.

Team is 32-13 when Crawbury clicks.
    Team is 14-21 when they don't or are split up.
    That's hardly a joke. Remy made an allusion to it today, talking about how Jake affects the offense.

What comes off the books in 2012 is largely negated by AGONE's salary next year.
    Redsox don't have the pieces to land Kemp, unless they consider losing Bard. And that's doubtful since Reddick/Kalish will replace Drew.
    Bard is seen to replace Paps.

NO need to lose valuable pieces and take on a 20+ mil a year outfielder when they have that position filled at low cost. You are dreaming.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE] Adding Kemp and subtracting Ells doesn't substantially improve our lineup I want you to look at the 2011 splits and lines and put down your crack pipe:

Softy,
    I know it's difficult for you to read between the lines, in your blind lust to rid us of Ellsbury. The above was meant to imply that we'd be much improved by adding Kemp and keeping Ellsbury vs having to choose one or the other. because we'd still have the underperforming Drew in RF or one of our young guys, niether of whom is going to give you the same impact that Ells does from the leadoff spot. Further it's a foregone conclusion that Ellsbury will be a FA and isn't nor will he sign with anyteam (see Boras). So in any deal for Ellsbury the aquiring team has to factor that into the value of the deal...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Unlike Softy, I LIKE Ellsbury....but depending upon Kalish or Reddick's defense in cf I love the Kemp for Jake & Doubront & mid-level prospects deal. Heck, give 'em BOTH Doubront & Weiland ?

But I think Dodgers would want much more...and in face of scheduled payroll increases for 2012 already, can Theo really go an additional $ 23-25 million in outfield ?
    That would make us very Yankee-like, with lf, rf, 1b, all at / above $ 20 mil.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

You don't get anything by giving up nothing.   Most teams look to reduce payroll by giving up players for cost controlled players.
    Theo doesn't have the trading chips from the farm system to give up.   It is what it is.    Maybe he can get lucky with somebody like Millwood or a released player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Reddick average 45 homers in AAA?????
    I want what he's drinking.
    Crawford's high in homers is what? 22?
    Lefty slappers is a very apt phrase. Theo's man crush on all hitters lefty devoid of power is depressing.
    AGon seems his rare exception.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions : All of that may be true. But Kemp for Bucholz straight up...The Dodgers aren't that desparate. Theo would certainly have to sweeten the pot to get Kemp.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Buchholz has a couple more years of controllability. Kemp's contract is up after this year. I wouldn't trade a high value pitcher like Buchholz, with more controllability and a lower cost financially, for Matt Kemp at this time.  Kemp might also just get anothe4r celebrity girl friend and see his numbers drop also. What is wrong with Ethier as a target?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo: Sox will be actively involved in trade discussions : Buchholz has a couple more years of controllability. Kemp's contract is up after this year. I wouldn't trade a high value pitcher like Buchholz, with more controllability and a lower cost financially, for Matt Kemp at this time.  Kemp might also just get anothe4r celebrity girl friend and see his numbers drop also. What is wrong with Ethier as a target?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I think Ethier is a good call.I would also think the Sox might look into Ryan Ludwick from the Padres.