Theo Speaks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Re: Theo Speaks!

In Response to Re: Theo Speaks!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo Speaks! : Many Yankee fans are proud of the 40 Pennants; back in the 60s, I always heard from Yankee announcers "We have 20 WS and 29 Pennants ", so IMO there's nothing wrong with getting that far; and when the RS lost the ALCS in 2008, all I heard was "We got further than the Yankees". So this is one Yankee fan who doesn't subscribe to that charter; My cutoff is the Pennant, and, quite frankly, that's not going to be easy.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It is very possible that because I am a Braves fan (we won 14 straight division titles and only 1 WS) I feel this way, but...I think winning your division, or having the best record in your league, is much more difficult accomplishment than winning in postseason. As opposed to all the other 4 major sports, the baseball regular season is a war of attrition, and the cream ALWAYS rises to the top. That is why they should go back to no divisions...just one AL champ...one NL champ and a WS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

The current days are a disaster!

Theo speaks is about as bad as Braves collapse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

The current days ARE a disatster... the Old days were just as bad if not worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

[QUOTE]It was actually only a $3 million a year difference. But most important to me was the difference in make-up between these two men. Halladay could have molded our youthful prospects for years, in addition to being a legit stud #1 guy. Would that have been worth $3 million per year? It's rare to have a shot at a guy like Halladay, you gotta dive on it when it happens IMO. Theo blew it and settled for mediocrity...just another baaaad decision he's made. I like Theo...think he could be a decent GM, but his youthful arrogance gets in his way. I've also lost trust in his judgement.  In Response to Re: Theo Speaks! :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Teakus always Army Strong.

Law never trusted Theo's judgment because Theo doesn't have any.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Well said!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo Speaks! : Unfortunately, Bill James is still on the payroll significantly impacting all the Red Sox front office decisions. The thing Theo needs to realize with Bill James sabermetrics is it does not rate a player's character or ability to handle playing in a fish bowl at least 81 games a year. Isn't it pretty obvious to the management team that the Sox have had more success with player acquisitions from the draft, where they are selecting from a best available position rather than from James's satistical bullchips.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]