Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago...

I do anyhow.  Why not?

Imagine a GM turn Team President taking two of the most legendary baseball teams from long term droughts to a WSC and both within ten years. If this were to happen, even if it took a little longer, who would bet against Theo being voted to the HOF? Exec's don't get in too often and if this didn't qualify then what would.

The Cubs have a terrific stadium, and a budding star in Starlin Castro. The majority of their noose contracts expire by 2014, he will have a chance to make his mark early. The ownership has money. 

From a Sox perspective we know about the Luchino/Theo relationship, the Sox have won two titles already under Theo, and it could simply be a been-there- done-that moment; especially when he could take ALL the credit in Chicago. I think this organization can be fine without Theo and not because I think he isn't any good, as he has proven his worth twice already.

I say go for it. You do not need to be a basher to urge our GM to go for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago...

I'd love for the Cubs to get this big budget moron, who did not construct key parts of both titles. Yankees prove that spending massive amounts will work for titles and regular playoff spots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It could be a very good move for Theo. The Red Sox ownership may be able to compensate for the loss of Epstein, but look what happened when the Sox let Ed Barrow get away to the Yanks. My sincere hope is that Theo loves Brookline too much to want to brave the winds of Lake Michigan, or failing that, that Mr. Henry sweetens his deal enough to keep him at home. Cherington might make a decent GM, but given my druthers I'd ruther not find out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

carnie pop a look at the Chicago salaries... every single one of their albatross contracts end before 2014 except Soriano who would be in his final year. You could have a lot of fun with that as a GM/President.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago...:
    carnie pop a look at the Chicago salaries... every single one of their albatross contracts end before 2014 except Soriano who would be in his final year. You could have a lot of fun with that as a GM/President.
    Posted by BurritoT
    You definitely could. Which is one reason I think The Windy City could look attractive to Theo. Not only that but Theo could end a longer championship drought than he did in Boston. It would cement his case for the hall of fame and he certainly has to give it some thought. I'm just hoping John Henry is a student of baseball history and looks at the case of Ed Barrow before making any decision on what to offer Mr. Epstein in response to any Chicago offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I'd love for the Cubs to get this big budget moron, who did not construct key parts of both titles. Yankees prove that spending massive amounts will work for titles and regular playoff spots.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Why pay THEO ? When the cubs could get a very low buget moron  SOFTLAW !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Theo Epstein Executive VP/General Manager 
    4 years (2009-12) 
    • 4 years (2009-12) 
      • signed extension with Boston 11/3/08

Its nearing it end, something could happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Theo Epstein   Executive VP/General Manager   4 years (2009-12)   4 years (2009-12)  signed extension with Boston 11/3/08 Its nearing it end, something could happen.
    Posted by BurritoT
    Let's hope it's an extension.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

When the cubs could get a very low buget

It's not about the size of the budget, it's about how the given budget is spent that determines gm job performance. Would love to see overrated Theo become Cubs liability. Luchino is the true management value in Boston. As long as Henry and Luchino are running it, all will be well.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago... : Why pay THEO ? When the cubs could get a very low buget moron  SOFTLAW !!
    Posted by donrd4

as compared to a high budget moron-THEO!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

When the cubs could get a very low buget It's not about the size of the budget, it's about how the given budget is spent that determines gm job performance. Would love to see overrated Theo become Cubs liability. Luchino is the true management value in Boston. As long as Henry and Luchino are running it, all will be well.    
    Posted by S0ftl@w

hard to argue that. when you're right, you're right.

goodbye theo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

this could be a very serious thread.... let the idiots who do  nothing except talk about the same ol' same ol' stay out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

this could be a very serious thread.... let the idiots who do  nothing except talk about the same ol' same ol' stay out.
    Posted by BurritoT

when you use the phrase "idiots who talk about the same ol' same ol',"
    would you be referring to those posters who think theo is a god?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No. I get tired of the people that attack the alleged bashers, because 90% of their posts are about attacking those types... here is a thread that should be great and worthwhile but the so-called "positive" people are too busy participating in the negative threads.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

No. I get tired of the people that attack the alleged bashers, because 90% of their posts are about attacking those types... here is a thread that should be great and worthwhile but the so-called "positive" people are too busy participating in the negative threads.
    Posted by BurritoT

thanks for the clarification.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't mind your presence on the board, just as I hope people do not mind mine... but unless I start a controversial thread or make a negative remark people are not interested.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

I don't mind your presence on the board, just as I hope people do not mind mine... but unless I start a controversial thread or make a negative remark people are not interested.... 
    Posted by BurritoT

actually burrito, you're a breath of fresh air on this board. i like your controversial posts. i like controversy period.
    i'm a red sox fan for only one reason. it has nothing to do with new england, massachusettes, nor the city of boston. i'm from upstate NY, which is mainly YANKEE country.
    oh yeah, the one reason i'm a SOX fan is TED WILLIAMS. if williams had played for the yankees, i would have been a yankee fan.

it's funny really that if you don't like everything about the SOX, then you're a troll.
    i like most things about the SOX: john henry, larry lucchino, and 95% of the players.
    the ones i don't like, i don't mind centering in on them. if the people on this board don't like it, who cares; i don't follow the SOX because of them.

a lot of these posters are like oatmeal; their main motivation on this board is to be liked. how boring is that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jimdavis exemplifies this. He spends 100% of his time bashing bashers... some bright assett to the board, not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago... : actually burrito, you're a breath of fresh air on this board. i like your controversial posts. i like controversy period. i'm a red sox fan for only one reason. it has nothing to do with new england, massachusettes, nor the city of boston. i'm from upstate NY, which is mainly YANKEE country. oh yeah, the one reason i'm a SOX fan is TED WILLIAMS. if williams had played for the yankees, i would have been a yankee fan. it's funny really that if you don't like everything about the SOX, then you're a troll. i like most things about the SOX: john henry, larry lucchino, and 95% of the players. the ones i don't like, i don't mind centering in on them. if the people on this board don't like it, who cares; i don't follow the SOX because of them.   a lot of these posters are like oatmeal; their main motivation on this board is to be liked. how boring is that?
    Posted by theYAZZER

also, like oatmeal, our main motivation is to not post the same redundant tripe in every single post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Supporters urge Theo to go to Chicago... : also, like oatmeal, our main motivation is to not post the same redundant tripe in every single post.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

you're so 'oatmeal' spaceman, that i almost believe you're a quaker.

also, when someone believes a highly paid professional is not doing his job properly, it should be made public as much as possible. especially, when no one else is reporting it.
    hey spaceman, you should try being controversial once; don't worry, you won't
     lose too many friends.
    i'll still like ya.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

jimdavis exemplifies this. He spends 100% of his time bashing bashers... some bright assett to the board, not.
    Posted by BurritoT

well, at least he was kind enough to change his avatar and not embarrass harvey keitel and robert deniro any longer.

strike that; davis is back to the old avatar again. the shame of it.

Sections
Shortcuts