Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.

I've never read a more self-serving, arrogant "goodbye" in all my years.  Theo decided to grace all of us with an explanation (his explanation) for leaving. We didn't ask, we didn't care.  Goodbye Theo, we will be just fine. Better than fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.:
    I've never read a more self-serving, arrogant "goodbye" in all my years.  Theo decided to grace all of us with an explanation (his explanation) for leaving. We didn't ask, we didn't care.  Goodbye Theo, we will be just fine. Better than fine.
    Posted by OurMan
      AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, TELL THE YOUNG MAN (OURMAN) TO CALM DOWN AS TODAY IS A DAY OF RESPECT & CHANGE, ENJOY IT" !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.:
    Posted by OurMan

Yep, the Red Sox were fine in the 86 years prior to Theo.  Yankee fans are happy to see him go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.:
    In Response to Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. :   AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, TELL THE YOUNG MAN (OURMAN) TO CALM DOWN AS TODAY IS A DAY OF RESPECT & CHANGE, ENJOY IT" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

How much "respect" did Theo Epstein show the fans by gutting, tinkering with and ultimately destroying a World Series championship baseball team not once but TWICE?

How much respect did Theo Epstein show Red Sox fans when he choked on the Roy Halladay deal TWICE because he couldn't let go of Buchholz?

How much respect did Theo show Red Sox fans wasting roster spots on Wake and Varitek for YEARS?

Shall I continue?

What Theo should have written only needed two words:

I'm Sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did.:
    In Response to Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : Yep, the Red Sox were fine in the 86 years prior to Theo.  Yankee fans are happy to see him go.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

The Red Sox were a Grady Little pitching change away from being 2003 World Series champions.

Worse news?

Lucchino ran the Sox ballclub, Theo was just a glorified receptionist until the 2005 debacle when Theo quit on the Sox until he got control.

How have the Red Sox done since Theo got full control over player personnel?
    Not so good. Actually horribly if you want to be cute about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Hey Law...do you wake up in the middle of the night screaming Theo's name...because I have never seen anybody more obsessed with a single person than you are with your hatred of Theo Epstein.

Have you checked out therapy for this yet? Whatever this guy did to you is really sad...we are talking baseball here, a recreation - it should make you happy, not miserable.

BTW, I thought the farewell comments by Theo were pretty damn good and conveyed the message that it was time for him to move on and time for Cherington to take over the job.

I'm really sorry that your blind hatred for the man has taken over your being rational. Someday I hope you will feel better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The best thing about Theo leaving is you'll probably follow a Cubs board and continue your bizarre obsession with him there and stop spamming this board.
    Good-Bye and good riddance!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : Hey stupid, let's try this in crayon so you'll understand. Theo Chicks: Theo fans Red Sox Fans: Red Sox Fans You're the one late for the bus to Chicago from South Station. Better grab your pink hat.
    Posted by OurMan

You couldn't be "OurMan" at an all girl school.Here's a link to your new home:
    http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/
    Go bother them now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Good riddance to this arrogant kid Theo, our Sox are gonna be bettah off without him anyway. I'm telling you, he isn't as responsible for those two titles as the media would have you believe, and he's completely overrated. Glad he's Chicago's problem now, not ours. He's left us in horrible shape with bad contracts up and down the roster. Thanks alot Theo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : I only screamed Theo's name when the Orioles got that walkoff in September. Can't really repeat the rest here. Of course you thought Theo's farewell comments were pretty good...that happens when you think without a brain. The word is "rationale" not "rational"...I'm really sorry that you can barely read and write. When Epstein is finally in Chicago, all of us in Red Sox Nation will feel great. But the tears will be flowing amongst the pink hats Theo left behind.
    Posted by OurMan

Hey nimrod...turning to spellcheck when you got nothing else...however in this case the word to use was 'rational'! Or in your case irrational!

Definition of RATIONAL

a : having reason or understanding
    b
    : relating to, based on, or agreeable to reason

...talk about the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to missing brain cells!!

My guess is you will never feel whole as long as Theo Epstein exists on this earth...and that is extremely unfortunate for you!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

And another thing, this guy Theo is the poster boy for all the pink hats and that stupid Sweet Caroline BS, good riddance to ALL OF THAT WE DON"T NEED IT ANYMORE. US DIE HARDS will be fans aftar all of that is over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Good riddance to this arrogant kid Theo, our Sox are gonna be bettah off without him anyway. I'm telling you, he isn't as responsible for those two titles as the media would have you believe, and he's completely overrated. Glad he's Chicago's problem now, not ours. He's left us in horrible shape with bad contracts up and down the roster. Thanks alot Theo!
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy

Amen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Sorry Theo Chick, I don't speak crayon. Ever hear of English?
    Posted by OurMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : I never said "rational" wasn't a word, I just pointed out the fact that you used the WRONG word. It's called a diction error. You'll start hearing that regularly when you hit 8th grade.
    Posted by OurMan

Please read the sentence again Professor Know-Nothing:

Here I will repost it again since I know it is difficult for you to look back and you have a clear reading comprehension problem...

I'm really sorry that your blind hatred for the man has taken over your being 'rational'.

ra·tion·ale

noun
    1. the fundamental reason or reasons serving to account for something.

I'm really sorry that your blind hatred for the man has taken over your 'rationale' on this topic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : I just read the sentence again. Thanks for editing it before your little grade school tirade. Next time you screw something up, let me know to "look back" after you've corrected it. C'mon Soxdog, haven't we been down this road before?
    Posted by OurMan

OK you truly have lost your way...I think you need to step back away from the computer for a few days and regain all the brain cells you are rapidly losing.

My post was never touched...I used the term rational in the sentence as it appeared from the start...and you, trying to be a smartazz, tried to correct the word as being rationale...

You are clueless and a truly pathetic spindoctor.

Foot in mouth

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Theo Thinks He Built The Boston Red Sox. Wrong, The Fans Did. : OK you truly have lost your way...I think you need to step back away from the computer for a few days and regain all the brain cells you are rapidly losing. My post was never touched...I used the term rational in the sentence as it appeared from the start...and you, trying to be a smartazz, tried to correct the word as being rationale... You are clueless and a truly pathetic spindoctor.
    Posted by Soxdog67

Sure it wasn't.
    And Theo Epstein is a genius...a boy wonder...and Obama closed GITMO and gave 47 million Americans free healthcare.

Say hi to Mr. Wonka, will you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Ourman: You are a R-E-T-A-R-D.

I don't have the patience to explain why, not that you'd understand anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Theo did not build the Sox, but he was a significant cog in the engine that did . . . over the past 8 years, we (the fans) saw more success and stability than has been seen in decades . . . for a while, the three headed monster of ownership, management and coaching worked together great and brought us a vastly improved Fenway Park, 2 WS Titles, and a tremendous amount of fun/memories with very productive and colorful personalities we'll never forget (Heidi included).

Things were great and we can only hope they'll be great again . . . Good Luck to both Theo and Terry, they were huge parts of a great run . . . I hope Theo takes the Cubs to the WS -- and we get to beat them!!!

rather than do our usual routine of throwing everyone that leaves under the bus, let's realize how good the times were and hope that ownership can arrange a similar scenario going forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Theo did not build the Sox, but he was a significant cog in the engine that did . . . over the past 8 years, we (the fans) saw more success and stability than has been seen in decades . . . for a while, the three headed monster of ownership, management and coaching worked together great and brought us a vastly improved Fenway Park, 2 WS Titles, and a tremendous amount of fun/memories with very productive and colorful personalities we'll never forget (Heidi included). Things were great and we can only hope they'll be great again . . . Good Luck to both Theo and Terry, they were huge parts of a great run . . . I hope Theo takes the Cubs to the WS -- and we get to beat them!!! rather than do our usual routine of throwing everyone that leaves under the bus, let's realize how good the times were and hope that ownership can arrange a similar scenario going forward.
    Posted by SouthSt

I disagree. So does Tony Mazzarotti.
    The more control Theo got over the Red Sox roster, the worse the team got. What we fear is that ownership took all of us in Boston for a ride and were only in this for the cash and exposure that allowed John Henry to buy a UK soccer team by fleecing us back home.

The Sox need ownership like Robert Kraft who is one of us and puts Boston first, not last.  If Robert Kraft owned the Red Sox we'd have even more World Series titles and Theo Epstein wouldn't have been anywhere near the GM chair.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from elev8or. Show elev8or's posts

Before Theo did you honestly expect the Sox to compete for a World Series every year?  How about now?  'nuff said.

Sections
Shortcuts