THEO..... TIM WAKEFIELD????..... I WAS WRONG TODAY!! GREAT JOB WAKEEEE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: THEO..... TIM WAKEFIELD????..... I WAS WRONG TODAY!! GREAT JOB WAKEEEE!!

DON'T FEEL BAD BILL!!!
    The clown Softlaw makes a practice out of it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: THEO..... TIM WAKEFIELD????..... I WAS WRONG TODAY!! GREAT JOB WAKEEEE!!:
    [QUOTE]Seattle had the worst offense in the AL, a year ago. This year, there is only one team worse in OPS. They are a terrible offensive team. As I said before this game, Wakefield going a few innings and getting lucky does not validate the fact he is a waste of a roster spot. A revolving door of AAA'ers could have gone 5 and change, Aceves to name one. Except Aceves is a legitimate decent pen option, as well, unlike Wakefield. Wakefield needs to go, and this fumes off the de facto DL merely confirms it. Tito took him out because it was miracle he lasted that long. Slav, that wasn't any 3 bagger. It was an error due to lights on what otherwise was an easy out. You called nothing. Notice how Jed is declining and will need a tired day off, soon.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Yet we only won one game against them, the one that Wakefield started. Seattle's offense last season is completely irrelevant to how they are playing, now. They were hot and on a winning streak and had their ace pitching for them against the old man with the junk ball. That is what counts, not historical or early season stats. The here and now. A win is a win. Why not celebrate it?

You can flood the board with cut and paste but it doesn't change the fact that  the Sox beat one of the best pitchers in baseball with Tim Wakefield on the hill. That is in the books, now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BASEBALLGM.... (SOFTLAW)..... GOOD POST ABOVE !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: THEO..... TIM WAKEFIELD????..... I WAS WRONG TODAY!! GREAT JOB WAKEEEE!!:
    [QUOTE]BASBALLGM.... (SOFTLAW)..... GOOD POST ABOVE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, as Ronald Reagan would say, "There you go again."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THEO..... TIM WAKEFIELD????..... I WAS WRONG TODAY!! GREAT JOB WAKEEEE!! : Yet we only won one game against them, the one that Wakefield started. Seattle's offense last season is completely irrelevant to how they are playing, now. They were hot and on a winning streak and had their ace pitching for them against the old man with the junk ball. That is what counts, not historical or early season stats. The here and now. A win is a win.

Why not celebrate it? You can flood the board with cut and paste but it doesn't change the fact that  the Sox beat one of the best pitchers in baseball with Tim Wakefield on the hill. That is in the books, now.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

The narcissist in him wont allow for celebration due to the fact that the man he so aggressively bashes came through against the reigning CY Young winner and a hot mariners team that had won 6 in a row. Bill was the same with his 1st thread about Wake, but he can admit he was wrong, and I'm sure happy about it because the Sox won. Now, according to GM Wake was "lucky", and anyone in AAA could've done it. Yeah, but Timmy did, didn't he? And he did it well with that knuckler dancing all over the place yesterday. He could've quieted any lineup with the way he threw the ball yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Lugo "did it" too, in 2007. Now applaud the man for it. Take a look at the full picture of what Wakefield is doing on this roster, not 5 innings and change in one spot start against a terrible offense on a bad good sun and wind day for hitters. Consider how that roster spot could be used in a better way. Stop whining about good ole boy Timmy and how this made you so proud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

BaseballGM never lets go and never admits to a misjudgment.  No other pitcher in the Red Sox system--including all five current starters--was likely to do what Wakefield did.  He went 5.2 innings and held a 2-0 lead ruined by Jenks with his single and 3 walks in the 6th.  This was a great performance on a day when the Sox needed one.  Of some note:  Wake threw 53 strikes and just 23 balls, which is what allowed him to get to the 6th inning.  And, when his teammates (Pedroia and Scutaro) were committing not one but two errors, Wake stayed steady. 

Yesterday we saw why it was smart to give him a roster spot.  A huge win against a great Seattle pitcher. 

Oh, and right now Wake's ERA is below the team ERA and better than Lackey and Buchholz's ERA's. 

I don't mind admitting I was surprised.  I didn't think Wake had this in him.  Shows the wisdom of the FO and Francona. 

Oh, and Saltalamacchia did another good job.  He not only didn't have a passed ball, but nailed a guy stealing on a play that wasn't even close. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No other pitcher in the Red Sox system--including all five current starters--was likely to do what Wakefield did. 

Oh really? So Wakefield is that good? Why on earth isn't he in the rotation then? And why isn't he used in more than mop up duty in the pen?

So, let me get this straight. You think that letting a guy sit on the de facto DL for a month and then one 5 and change spot start against the worst offense in the AL on a tough sun and wind day for hitters is a better use of an active roster spot than Aceves? How about another month of Wakefield back on the de facto DL, when AAA could provide a better backdrop for making proper use of that roster spot.

Trust me, Wakefield would be smart to retire right now after this smoke and mirrors 5 and chance once a month outing. If they continue this debacle, it's going to get really ugly. Perhaps that's why he's been just working the mop. ya think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Only Boston fans could find a way to complain about this much pictching depth.

Well, some, Boston fans ,that is.  

-Daf. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

BaseballGM, the operative word in my statement is "likely."  I think Matsuzaka, Beckett, and Lester could have done what Wakefield did, but am not at all sure they would have.  Besides Beckett's arm/shoulder weren't ready.  Nor was Buchholz.  Going against Hernandez, we needed a big game from Wake and got it. 

You have also ignored the other evidence:  Wake's ERA is better than the team's; Wake didn't fold when the infield committed errors; Wake rendered Ichiro hitless; Wake threw 70% strikes, which almost no Sox starter has done this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Lugo "did it" too, in 2007. Now applaud the man for it. Take a look at the full picture of what Wakefield is doing on this roster, not 5 innings and change in one spot start against a terrible offense on a bad good sun and wind day for hitters. Consider how that roster spot could be used in a better way. Stop whining about good ole boy Timmy and how this made you so proud.

Yes, let's remember 2007. That year Tim Wakefield was a wire-to-wire starting pitcher with a 17-12 record on a championship team. He was third on the team in innings pitched with 189. I remember 2007 well. Do you? And do you care what happened on the field, yesterday, during this rough start of the Sox 2011 season? Who held his own against a young ace to help prevent a sweep? A veteran who did his job when called upon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2007:
    Wake 17-12
    First 7 starts under 3 ERs allowed and 5 with 0 or 1 ER, yet he was only 4-3 after that start.
    Late in August, Sox up by 4 games and Wake threw 3 straight games with 0 ERs:
    22 IP  just 9 hits and 6BB
    Soxs up by 6.5 after those 3 games.

Lugo 
    BA      .237 
    OBP   .294
    Slg% .349
    OPS   .643 (look at how softy roasts Jed for his offense)
    SB: 33/39
    Fielding:
    E  19 (.968)
    RF/9 4.21

(Alex Cora in 83 games: .246/.298/.386/.684) 
    E 5 (.981)
    RF/9 4.60

Wire to wire bust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]  No other pitcher in the Red Sox system--including all five current starters--was likely to do what Wakefield did.   Oh really? So Wakefield is that good? Why on earth isn't he in the rotation then? And why isn't he used in more than mop up duty in the pen? So, let me get this straight. You think that letting a guy sit on the de facto DL for a month and then one 5 and change spot start against the worst offense in the AL on a tough sun and wind day for hitters is a better use of an active roster spot than Aceves? How about another month of Wakefield back on the de facto DL, when AAA could provide a better backdrop for making proper use of that roster spot.   Trust me, Wakefield would be smart to retire right now after this smoke and mirrors 5 and chance once a month outing. If they continue this debacle, it's going to get really ugly. Perhaps that's why he's been just working the mop. ya think?

With a lit stick of TNT.      HA!

I'd trust Nixon to rise from the dead and come clean before I'd ever trust a conniving liar like you. Tell the board that you - the person using the identity of GM - never used the identity of Softlaw.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Hey Slav old coot, did Lugo play and SS defense in 2007? How bad was he? What's the matter, didn't have the fat belly and face that makes you love Tim Wakefield.

Anyone remember how good ole boy Timmy did in the 2007 playoffs?

My recollection is that Lugo had two good OBP years for the Red Sox.

Hey old coots Slav and Harness, do you remember how Lugo did in the 2007 WS?

Look, guys, it's no secret that you guys love Varitek and Wakefield. But let's not pretend that you have anything but thinly veiled disguised contempt for DiceK, Ortiz, Lugo and anyone else who isn't "a good ole boy".

Your attempts to defend these old guys as important contibuting active roster members is so pitiful it's akin to fawning. Varitek as an old clumsy sub-mendoza backup catcher is one thing, but Wakefield?

I know Aceves isn't a "good ole boy", but he doesn't deserve being treated like a second class citizen. He did a better job than the fat man, plain and simple.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Thank the sun and shadows and wind blowing in and the worst offensive team in the AL. Now, since Wake doesn't appear to be back in the rotation, let's hope that Tito doesn't agree with you ole coots about using Wakefield except for mop-duty out of the pen.

No team loves Wakefield more than the NY Yankees.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh yeah. Wake was sure lucky.
    He made Ichiro look like a minor-leaguer.
    Wake showed you to be the fool you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If you were bashing Papi, Oki, Dice, BHall, or any pther non "good ole boy", I'd defend them too. I have defended Dice-K and Oki many many times. You chose to pretend all of us are racists just because we say some critical things about those players. I have defended and been highly critical of Drew, Buch (I was for trading him for a Hispanic player-Santana), Ellsbury (esp his defnse in CF and low leadoff OBP),  VTek's bat and arm, and more.

Take off you blinders.

Yes, there are a small handful of guy on this site that are blatantly bashing Oki and Dice-K out of spite for their nationality or "mixed priorities". I condemned them as well.

Yes, Lugo fielded well in 2007. Crisp was a much better defender than Ells. I have never said otherwise.

You never sy one good word about Wake, VTek, Ells or Jed. Soon you will be pretending you never bashed Beckett or Lackey. You are a pretender and a spiteful man.

Your mask is no mask.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Yes, I remember Tim Wakefield in 2007. I remember what his teammate, Mike Timlin, said about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5Y0rTkYJA

Sections
Shortcuts