Theo, try this trade for David Wright?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Theo, try this trade for David Wright?

#1 Mets get Lackey, Lowrie or Middlebrooks and either Kalish or Reddick to help lower there team payroll and still be competitive.  As much as they can anyway in the tough situation they are in.  We also offer to pay Half of John's remaining salary "25 mil" over the next three years which is approx. 8.5mil each year. 

#2 Sox get David Wright,
    his contract for 2012 is I believe 15mil and 16mil in 2013 with a buyout option.  So the Sox in this deal basically increase salary by 8.5 mil after paying for Lackey.

#3 We let David go,
    which helps balance the money spent on the Lackey/Wright deal.

#4 We now offer Weiland or a kid like Renaudo along with Youk to the Brewers for Shaun Marcum.  Youk replaces Fielder and we get our starting pitcher with Wright taking over 3B.

#5 Sign Mike Cuddyer to play RF

#6 Sign Y. Molina

New lineup:

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Crawford LF
    Gonzales 1B
    Wright 3B
    Cuddyer RF
    Lavarnway DH
    Y. Molina C, Salty
    Scutaro SS - Or Aviles SS and Iglesias if we want to save on Scuters salary

Beckett
    Lester
    Buchholz
    Marcum
    Bedard or another?
    Aceves

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: Theo, try this trade for David Wright?

In Response to Theo, try this trade for David Wright?:
    [QUOTE]#1 Mets get Lackey, Lowrie and either Kalish or Reddick to help rebuild and lower there team payroll.  We also offer to pay Half of John's remaining salary "25 mil" over the next three years which is approx. 8 plus mil for three years.  #2 Sox get David Wright, his contract for 2012 is I believe 15mil and 16mil in 2013 with a buyout option.  So the Sox in this deal basically increase salary by 8.5 mil after paying for Lackey. #3 We let David go, which helps balance the money spent on the Lackey/Wright deal. #4 We now offer Weiland and Youk to the Brewers for Shaun Marcum.   Youk replaces Fielder and we get our starting pitcher with Wright taking over 3B. #5 Sign Mike Cuddyer to play RF #6 Sign Y. Molina New lineup: Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Crawford LF Gonzales 1B Wright 3B Cuddyer RF Lavarnway DH Y. Molina C, Salty Scutaro SS - Or Aviles SS and Iglesias if we want to save on Scuters salary Beckett Lester Buchholz Marcum Bedard or another? Aceves
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE] it would take the brewers about 10 seconds to laugh their heads off and tell you"begone begger"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

otIn Response to Re: Theo, try this trade for David Wright?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Theo, try this trade for David Wright? : it would take the brewers about 10 seconds to laugh their heads off and tell you"begone begger"
    Posted by iamme17[/QUOTE]

So who plays 1B for the Brew Crew next season that could possibly replace some of Fielders stats?  If they can't pay Prince, Albert is also out of the picture.  I'm not so sure they would laugh if they could land Youk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Uh, regardless of what else you may have proposed (and it may have been great), I simply can not continue reading any plan that has one Carl Crawford batting THIRD!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I simply can not continue reading any plan that has one Carl Crawford batting THIRD!!!!!!!!

I agree, never again should Carl Crawford be allowed to even see the three hole. If he rebounds to career levels, he then becomes at best a two hole hitter. He actually should be cemented into the 9 hole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Theo, try this trade for David Wright?:
    [QUOTE]Uh, regardless of what else you may have proposed (and it may have been great), I simply can not continue reading any plan that has one Carl Crawford batting THIRD!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Ease up on CC drew. I dont think Id bat him third either, but I simply do not get why so many of the Sox fans are already giving up on him when he's only been he one year. Have you all forgotten how mediocre Mike Lowell was his first year? And Beckett was awful his first year here. The next year you were all bowing down to worship both of them, and you had a big trophy to go with it. Back off and give the guy anoer chance for goodness sakes. Some of you are griping about Gonzalez and he hit .338 this year. What do you expect? More often than not its human nature to underperform the first year of a huge contract, especially here. Granderson did it the first year in NYY, and look at him now. I DO think CC needs to make some adjustments to his swing, like Granderson did, but I think he'll be much better next year. Relax. Meanwhile, the OP on this thread is interesting, but I'm not sure the Brewers will go for it. Maybe. But if the Sox did everything you suggested, I wouldn't be yelling about it, it might work out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Substitute Buchholtz for Lackey and the Mets may at least answer the phone. Weiland and Youk couldn't get you Weiland and Youk.  Very little value being offered for a good starter which are very hard to get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

In Response to Theo, try this trade for David Wright?:
    [QUOTE]#1 Mets get Lackey, Lowrie and either Kalish or Reddick to help rebuild and lower there team payroll.  We also offer to pay Half of John's remaining salary "25 mil" over the next three years which is approx. 8.5mil for three years.  #2 Sox get David Wright, his contract for 2012 is I believe 15mil and 16mil in 2013 with a buyout option.  So the Sox in this deal basically increase salary by 8.5 mil after paying for Lackey. #3 We let David go, which helps balance the money spent on the Lackey/Wright deal. #4 We now offer Weiland or a kid like Renaudo along with Youk to the Brewers for Shaun Marcum.   Youk replaces Fielder and we get our starting pitcher with Wright taking over 3B. #5 Sign Mike Cuddyer to play RF #6 Sign Y. Molina New lineup: Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Crawford LF Gonzales 1B Wright 3B Cuddyer RF Lavarnway DH Y. Molina C, Salty Scutaro SS - Or Aviles SS and Iglesias if we want to save on Scuters salary Beckett Lester Buchholz Marcum Bedard or another? Aceves
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]Dont think the Brews would do it but if they did jump on it. Please dont make me look at a rotation with Beckett at the top.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It certainly could lower the payroll for the Mets.

I don't see how you "rebuild" with Lackey, Kalish/Reddick and Lowrie.

One is a pitcher who has struggled for two seasons, an unproven outfielder and an injury prone infielder....I think the Mets will look at this deal and call Bernie Madoff back and ask if he has better deals for them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

#1 Mets get Lackey, Lowrie and either Kalish or Reddick for David Wright.------------------------------------------------------------------craze4sox

I think those are exactly the kind of players that a sharp GM like Alderson is looking to move David Wright for. Very well thought out, craze. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

1st off, If we drop off Lackey and get their franchise player they would demand we take Jason Bay. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

wow, i think you need to re-check Lowell's and Beckett's stats in 2006 - they were both good

Unless you don't like 285/20/80 whilst playing every day at 3b; and a good defensive 3b too (for the record, i haven't seen a worse defensive season outside of Kevin Millar, Renteria, Lugo, and old time friend Rey Quinones)

or a 16 game winner whilst logging in over 200 IP

whilst making a fraction of the $

nothing compares to CC so don't try

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenotscreen. Show bugmenotscreen's posts

I think we should just package some old Coco Crisp shirts and bring in Prince Fielder, Felix Hernandez, Justin Verlander, Cliff Lee, Matt Kemp, Nick Markakis, Ryan Braun, and Ryan Howard. 

After all, this is realistic and completely legit. 

I love how RSN overvalues every piece of bench trash we've got.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

What happened to Wright's power numbers! Cuddyer will get a contract from Twins, if not he would be a nice 3 year guy in rf as he is 32 years old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo, try this trade for David Wright? : Ease up on CC drew. I dont think Id bat him third either, but I simply do not get why so many of the Sox fans are already giving up on him when he's only been he one year. Have you all forgotten how mediocre Mike Lowell was his first year? And Beckett was awful his first year here. The next year you were all bowing down to worship both of them, and you had a big trophy to go with it. Back off and give the guy anoer chance for goodness sakes. Some of you are griping about Gonzalez and he hit .338 this year. What do you expect? More often than not its human nature to underperform the first year of a huge contract, especially here. Granderson did it the first year in NYY, and look at him now. I DO think CC needs to make some adjustments to his swing, like Granderson did, but I think he'll be much better next year. Relax. Meanwhile, the OP on this thread is interesting, but I'm not sure the Brewers will go for it. Maybe. But if the Sox did everything you suggested, I wouldn't be yelling about it, it might work out.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I think CC will rebound as well and I never stated that had to be the set lineup.  Some fans don't give a player a chance before writing them off.  In Lackey we probably saw his best year in 2010 so thats an easy call to make.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE] 1st off, If we drop off Lackey and get their franchise player they would demand we take Jason Bay. 
    Posted by RickEO[/QUOTE]

David Wright hasn't been the Mets franchise player by any means.  They may have hoped he was at one time but he'd not an Adrian type talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Substitute Buchholtz for Lackey and the Mets may at least answer the phone. Weiland and Youk couldn't get you Weiland and Youk.  Very little value being offered for a good starter which are very hard to get.
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

The Mets don't/won't have many options to get top players for anyone on their team with huge salaries.  My bet is they will look for the best possible deal to lower payroll.

Nobody is going to offer a pitcher like Buchholz for Wright.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Brewers already have one of the absolute most powerful hitting clubs in the NL with Fielder...if he walks they definitely won't be interested in trading frontline pitching for a hobbled, 120 game at best player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE] 1st off, If we drop off Lackey and get their franchise player they would demand we take Jason Bay. 
    Posted by RickEO[/QUOTE]

The Mets won't be in any position to demand anyone takes Bay. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Would love to see David Wright play in Fenway. Citi Field has gotten into his head. Not sure Mets would take Lackey for 50 cents on a dollar though, Brew Crew would love Youk to replace Fielder though, not sure if they have any pitchers in minors left [after trades for Greinke/Marcum] to step in and take Marcums spot. But overall some good ideas, well thought out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenotscreen. Show bugmenotscreen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo, try this trade for David Wright? : The Mets won't be in any position to demand anyone takes Bay. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

The Sox won't be in any position to demand anyone take Lackey either. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Would love to see David Wright play in Fenway. Citi Field has gotten into his head. Not sure Mets would take Lackey for 50 cents on a dollar though, Brew Crew would love Youk to replace Fielder though, not sure if they have any pitchers in minors left [after trades for Greinke/Marcum] to step in and take Marcums spot. But overall some good ideas, well thought out.
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

Thanks gary, I'm just trying to think out of the box a bit.  You don't always need to take a bad salary in return for another.  Just find the right team, time and place to make a deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Wright's power numbers went the way of Jason Bay's.
    I watched at least a dozen Mets home games and both those guys would him massive flies, that were outs or doubles.
    This gets into their heads and they get into bad habits, which continue on the road. Plus, both players lost a lot of time due to injuries.
    Citifield is an airport, and death to hitters.
    Wright needs a change of scenery, just as Mike Lowell did, before he came here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I love these trade ideas because I am sure the Mets ownership is crunching the numbers finding ways to give up David Wright and get John Lackey. I have another trade idea... Dice K for Jose Reyes. Either way I wouldn't take out Crawful out of the 3 hole as he proved this year he is the best hitter on the team. Oh, I'd make Atchinson my #1 starter.

Theo... I want to interview for Tito's position.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

What about Papi on CF and Tek at SS??

Sections
Shortcuts