Theo's compensation....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Theo's compensation....

Could we just send them Bobby Jenks and be done with the whole thing?

Sounds fair to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Theo's compensation....

the compensation was completed last week when we sent boergarts (spelling?) to the cubs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

scratch that. i think the cubs still need to send us a PTBNL before its all said and done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

No.  The Sox got their PTBNL.  Dont remember his name, but he was a pitcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This just in.....Cubs sending Epstein back as compensation for himself. Here's the link. Don't know if it will work or not...... www.sendhimback.com/theoisacancer.baddeals.destructionofourfranchise.org

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The Red Sox got bent over on this one. Time to move on and try to forget this mess ever happened, as far as I'm concerned...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

yeah it was a bone head move to let him go before getting compensation. Sure they just wanted to get him outta here so they could annoint ben and get started on the manager search. But I bet if they held out for a bit longer they could have gotten Mcnut or a real quality prospect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Theo's compensation....:
    [QUOTE]No.  The Sox got their PTBNL.  Dont remember his name, but he was a pitcher.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]
    Aaron Kurcz:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=kurcz-001aar

The Red Sox made out well, even with Chris Carpenter's surgery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

thanks, hill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

his numbers aren't too shabby... is he a reliever?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

After everything it should be Boston paying the Cubs for taking Theo off our hands.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

c'mon now. Theo was a pretty darn good GM sure he make a few costly errors but you can't be spot on every time.. the good he did definitely outweighs the bad (especially when you consider the amount he "wasted" is miniscule compared to the amount the sox actually have)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon now. Theo was a pretty darn good GM sure he make a few costly errors but you can't be spot on every time.. the good he did definitely outweighs the bad (especially when you consider the amount he "wasted" is miniscule compared to the amount the sox actually have)
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

While I am not  Theo basher, other than the nice draft picks, name one major trade or FA signing since the Nomar trade that was a big success. Now name some of the bad ones and compare the lists.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Theo's compensation....:
    [QUOTE]Could we just send them Bobby Jenks and be done with the whole thing? Sounds fair to me.
    Posted by RedSoxWacko[/QUOTE]

Not enough. Send Lackey too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo's compensation.... : While I am not  Theo basher, other than the nice draft picks, name one major trade or FA signing since the Nomar trade that was a big success. Now name some of the bad ones and compare the lists.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

a-gone, lowell, v-mart, J-Bay were all very successful while they were here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon now. Theo was a pretty darn good GM sure he make a few costly errors but you can't be spot on every time.. the good he did definitely outweighs the bad (especially when you consider the amount he "wasted" is miniscule compared to the amount the sox actually have)
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]
    Under Theo Epstein, the Red Sox won two World Series titles but failed to win a postseason game in five of the last seven seasons despite one of the highest payrolls in baseball.

Epstein is a competent baseball executive, but I would be hesitant to call him one of the best in baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i didnt say best. i said he was pertty good. which he was

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Wow! Really like your quote there Parhunter. It speaks volumes.

Great minds discuss ideas.

Average mindsdiscuss events.

Small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

[QUOTE]thanks, hill.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox got bent over on this one. Time to move on and try to forget this mess ever happened, as far as I'm concerned...
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure how the Sox lost on this one...everyone was all for riding Theo and Francona out on the first train available and now are pretending that Theo was a dearly loved and loyal Sox GM that the Cubs stole from the Sox and somehow should get superstar compensation for that.  Go figure...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I simply don't think the Sox should keep badgering the Cubs over compensation. I see the FO in Boston has bordering on embarrassment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I think you're being overly generous my friend. When factoring in everything, including the greatest single September collapse in all of Baseball history last season, one would have to give Theo low marks overall. Ponder those words a moment if you will...THE WORST SEPTEMBER COLLAPSE IN ALL OF BASEBALL HISTORY. With those resources at his disposal? PULEEEEZE! You don't lose when spending that much money. It simply cannot be an option! Henry and the boys went all in, and got their collective azzes handed to them for their efforts. Theo blew it and then behaved boorishly after John Henry graciously gave him his exit, instead of firing him like he should have done. You refuse to provide compensation for allowing yourself to walk. You drag Cherington, Henry, and the team through the laughing stock media gauntlet for literally months...seriously? Are you freaking kidding me?! Because your mentor acted kindly and with class, allowing you to be free without working out all the details yet, you were able to flee to the Cubbies with your dignity intact. Why in God's name would you spit in the eye of the man who loved you like a son, gave you everything? He should have acted with grace, finalized the compensation within one week of his signing with the Cubs. It was instead used as a vehicle though which to exacerbate tensions between Luchinno and Henry/Werner, and to grab poor Ben Cherington in a headlock and give him a series of "new GM" noogies. Hanging around in an Red Sox office while all the while playing hardball with Larry, Henry/Werner. Really? Just bad form all around. Anyhoo, I guess you can tell I'm still a bit angry about it all. But at least we were well compensated eventual......what's that you say? He needs surgery? Bah!!!!! I warned here before that Theo would try to win the deal over his former subordinate Cherington, and I'll be damned if he didn't find a way to do it. Oh well.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo's compensation.... : Under Theo Epstein, the Red Sox won two World Series titles but failed to win a postseason game in five of the last seven seasons despite one of the highest payrolls in baseball. Epstein is a competent baseball executive, but I would be hesitant to call him one of the best in baseball.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Regardless of the facts you laid out, Theo was a chip under our teams control. If you want access to one of our chips-you gotta pay. We all know Theo could or should have been fired after last years record breaking collapse, but this is entirely the point. He was graciously allowed to walk a year early on his feet, instead of being shown the door by the scruff of his neck. He should have shown more gratitude to Henry for that.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theo's compensation.... : Not quite sure how the Sox lost on this one...everyone was all for riding Theo and Francona out on the first train available and now are pretending that Theo was a dearly loved and loyal Sox GM that the Cubs stole from the Sox and somehow should get superstar compensation for that.  Go figure...
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox received compensation from Cubs...albeit not a star player...and anybody in Boston will tell you Theo was not a star GM - at least not when he was allowed to walk.

[QUOTE]Regardless of the facts you laid out, Theo was a chip under our teams control. If you want access to one of our chips-you gotta pay. We all know Theo could or should have been fired after last years record breaking collapse, but this is entirely the point. He was graciously allowed to walk a year early on his feet, instead of being shown the door by the scruff of his neck. He should have shown more gratitude to Henry for that. In Response to Re: Theo's compensation.... :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Of course our compensation is going under the knife and is useless to us, while they got a chip from us, marginal though it is. It's another win for Theo, and a failure of Red Sox management to do it's due diligence. I guess that's what seperates us from the Rays. Andrew Friedman is on top of literally every decision made there, diligantly checking medical records,etc., and our guys have billionaires phoning in half baked decisions from yachts half a world away. It is what it is my friend.

[QUOTE]Sox received compensation from Cubs...albeit not a star player...and anybody in Boston will tell you Theo was not a star GM - at least not when he was allowed to walk. In Response to Re: Theo's compensation.... :
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]