There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Erik Bedard (left knee, left lat) returned to the team today. But he has not started throwing and Terry Francona said the lefty would likely miss another start.

"He’s improving The one thing we don’t want to do is rush him back," Francona said. "It’s so easy to make mistakes when you feel like you’re kind of getting thin. We’re going to try and do the best we can and get thee guys healthy so they can really help us."

The ... good? ... news is that John Lackey's left calf feels fine he expects to start as scheduled in Wednesday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Re: There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.

He has a point. If the news is that Lackey will continue to pitch for this team, it's hard to consider it "good".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.

In Response to There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.:
    [QUOTE]Notice the ? before good. By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Erik Bedard (left knee, left lat) returned to the team today. But he has not started throwing and Terry Francona said the lefty would likely miss another start. "He’s improving The one thing we don’t want to do is rush him back," Francona said. "It’s so easy to make mistakes when you feel like you’re kind of getting thin. We’re going to try and do the best we can and get thee guys healthy so they can really help us." The ... good? ... news is that John Lackey's left calf feels fine he expects to start as scheduled in Wednesday.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Sorry fireball.....   even if this wasn't happening in BOSTON, Lackey would be getting RIPPED by the press!  He is amongst the WORST in all of the MLB!!!!

I always thought the guy sucked, but THIS YEAR he is really earning that reputation!

I'm still pulling for the guy, as WE ARE STUCK with "the nose," but I simply have NO FAITH he CAN GET IT DONE!  YOU CAN BANK on 5 runs for 5 innings piched!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

my pitching machine has better stuff than Lackoff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Sox got exactly what Lackey was for LA - he only won more than 14 games once in his entire career.  Last year he won 14 for the Sox with a terribly 6+ ERA.  I am not sure where the issue is - I guess everyone thought that he would be a 20 game winner with the Sox.  The ERA difference I would attribute to pitching in the AL East as opposed to that weak AL West.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Lackey's ERA in his final season with LAA was 3.83. His ERA this year is 6.30. There is no way this can only be accounted for by changing divisions. I don't think anyone expected Lackey to win 20 games, but not many would have predicted him to be this bad. He's just not the pitcher he used to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.:
    [QUOTE]He has a point. If the news is that Lackey will continue to pitch for this team, it's hard to consider it "good".
    Posted by RonSwanson[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have no problem with the bashing.  Lackey has pitched badly.  What else is there to say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: There he goes again; beat writer Peter Abraham show disrespect; takes swipe at John Lackey.:
    [QUOTE]The Sox got exactly what Lackey was for LA - he only won more than 14 games once in his entire career.  Last year he won 14 for the Sox with a terribly 6+ ERA.  I am not sure where the issue is - I guess everyone thought that he would be a 20 game winner with the Sox.  The ERA difference I would attribute to pitching in the AL East as opposed to that weak AL West.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

His ERA was 4.4 last year.  I'd take that in a heart-beat (over this year that is).  I have to wonder if he isn't pitching with a bad arm - I know he has a clause in his contract that says if he needs Tommy John surgery, he has to pitch an extra year for the Sox at league minimum. Maybe this is a case of the Sox protection clauses back-firing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Notice the ? before good.

I think this thread says more about the OP than PA

how many times has he called out PA for nothing  10 ? 15 ?

if PA stole the guys girlfriend

he really needs to get past it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

There he goes again: fir.eballer58 takes a swipe at Peter Abraham.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Abraham is a silly old man, but Lackey does not deserve that much respect, neither.

They both su.ck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

was out of town and haven't posted in 5 days..and
    since then, it has gone from bad to worse. Lackey
    can't be blamed. he was a bad signing to begin with.
    the blame lies with theo epstein !!!! he signed
    crawford, lackey, and allowed wakefield and tek
    to hang around when new talent should have been
    nurtured. meanwhile , the yanks have stunk also
    but the sox have no weapons.
    I will also say that youkilis has outlived his
    usefulness on this team. The only guys on the
    squad who should remain next year are Ellsbury
    Pedroia, Gonzalez, Ortiz, Reddick, and Salty. All
    the rest of the lineup should be gone. Too bad
    we can't pay off lackey and Craw and be done with
    it. But in the real world of money, that's fiscally
    unrealistic. we are stuck with these stiffs, indefin-
    itely. Meanwhile, the Rays are sweeping and
    humiliating this Epstein built squad. The faster
    he is fired, the better. The title of "boy genius"
    was a mockery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Columnists are supposed to be opinionated That is why they are read by so many. I thought that Peter was a beat reporter but he can apparently cross that line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

And You Have a Problem With That???????????????????????????????????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

I'd rather have an opinion     that is a swipe  than  a sugar coated  team press release.

How about a swipe at Bedard ...  30 starts in 4 years  for Seattle   now missing starts here  ... don't want to be  injured  going into contract season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have an opinion     that is a swipe  than  a sugar coated  team press release. How about a swipe at Bedard ...  30 starts in 4 years  for Seattle   now missing starts here  ... don't want to be  injured  going into contract season.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

Can you provide me with the link that your opinion is based on? You say that he put himself onto the DL, link? You say that he doesn't want to be injured going ino contract season, link? I haven't read this anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Bedard has been injury prone  surgeries  since Seattle  signed him ..
    in 4 years he started  30 games   most  starters do 30 a year..

It was the reason  Seattle  did not pick up his option for this season and then signed him before the season.

He pitched well for  3 months then had knee worked on  --  he was on DL when Seattle lost 17 straight  and came back the friday night before the trade deadline and got rocked.  

There is no link  just the facts...

He was on DL with his knee and we traded for him  2 days after coming off the DL..  Now he's  had   twice since he's been here missed starts..

He did not "put himself on the DL"  but said his knee and now a lat   don't feel right.  So they've skipped him.

He is a free agent after this season...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

It can hardly be expected that Peter Abraham should write something truly positive with rose colored glasses on when Lackey pitches.    Lackey is what he is.
    There's no point in sugar coating Lackey's pitching.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftld0. Show ftld0's posts

ive been a bad redsox fan for a couple years untill this year so i could be seeing things but at the begining of the year peter wasn't mean but he has been PMSing for 2-4 weeks now but at least he isn't nasty like the guy on comcast that isn't lou merolini. but john lackey is really bad.

Sections
Shortcuts