There is no such thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There is no such thing

That Windows 8 commercial when 1 scout gets to sign a prospect over another due to using a superior app has this dialogue ..

What's his ERA ? 1.73. How about against Lefties? 2.88

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: There is no such thing

Bump; I believe this deserves a 2nd look

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

That Windows 8 commercial when 1 scout gets to sign a prospect over another due to using a superior app has this dialogue ..

If he has a 1.73 ERA overall, and a 2.88 ERA against lefties, he must be unhittable to righties.

Of course, both teams scouting the kid must sck if they're using those two stats to make a final determination on whether or not to sign the kid.

And I never got a good look but if the kid is a high school kid -- seriously, they paying that much attention to high school stats and what high school has ERA broken down on the computer with breakdown against lefties and righties. For that matter, what college has that kind of breakdown.

If they can't get that kind of detail right in their commercial, I have to assume they don't get all the details right with their product. Undecided

That's why I'm an Apple/mac guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

If he has a 1.73 ERA overall, and a 2.88 ERA against lefties, he must be unhittable to righties.

Of course, both teams scouting the kid must sck if they're using those two stats to make a final determination on whether or not to sign the kid.

And I never got a good look but if the kid is a high school kid -- seriously, they paying that much attention to high school stats and what high school has ERA broken down on the computer with breakdown against lefties and righties. For that matter, what college has that kind of breakdown.

If they can't get that kind of detail right in their commercial, I have to assume they don't get all the details right with their product. Undecided

[/QUOTE]

There is NO such thing as an ERA against one kind of hitting, unless you face one side of hitting for an entire inning; and those would be few and far between, especially vs lefties, as shown in the commercial.

All other innings would be inadmissable for ERA.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is NO such thing as an ERA against one kind of hitting, unless you face one side of hitting for an entire inning; and those would be few and far between, especially vs lefties, as shown in the commercial.

[/QUOTE]

You know you're right. I was thinking left-right splits like BA/against. I didn't even stop to think about how ERA is figured.

That makes it even worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know you're right. I was thinking left-right splits like BA/against. I didn't even stop to think about how ERA is figured.

That makes it even worse.

[/QUOTE]

I did think of another possibility; you pitch a fraction of an inning, all against one side of hitting, then get relieved. However, the whole concept is previously unheard of, impractical. ridiculous, and flukey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

The thing your not seeing is the commercial worked....it got your attention and helped you remember the product...that is all they were trying to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

The thing your not seeing is the commercial worked....it got your attention and helped you remember the product...that is all they were trying to do.

Due to a gaffe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

They've succeeded in annoying me.  I also don't recall the product and I don't care to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahaha.  nice job steve.  those Washington state nerds got this one way wrong...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Due to a gaffe

But was it an intentionally planned Gaffe to get further attention on our forum and other baseball forums around the country????  These ad folks can be awfully sneaky! :)  And of course everyone knows how precise and picky us baseball followers can be. Surprised

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I'm not loving Windows 8, it's taking some adjusting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

nice catch Steve-o.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I hate that f-in commercial, especially since they repeat the same f-in commercials for weeks on end, over and over again, on mlb.com.  It's awful, but the Head & Shoulders commercial with CJ Wilson and Josh Hamilton is even lamer and nurls my goins even more.  And even though I'd heard it hundreds of times, I still couldn't figure out what CJ Wilson mumbles to the hot brunette sniffing his hair.  I finally went on an exhaustive Internet search and discovered that he says, "Is that the way you guys always record sound?" They couldn't come up with anything more cleaver than that?

Anyhoo, as tiresome as these commercials are, the Geiko gecko is sometimes tolerable within the first several viewings, and Dikembe Mutombo swatting cereal boxes and laundry is still good for a chuckle.  

Paul Revere on his cell phone works once, and then it's one and done.

My favorite commercial these days...I actually do LOL whenever I see it still... the kids faces are priceless

http://youtu.be/NZGvsAtcB7U

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

[QUOTE]

Due to a gaffe

But was it an intentionally planned Gaffe to get further attention on our forum and other baseball forums around the country????  These ad folks can be awfully sneaky! :)  And of course everyone knows how precise and picky us baseball followers can be. Surprised

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate that f-in commercial, especially since they repeat the same f-in commercials for weeks on end, over and over again, on mlb.com.  It's awful, but the Head & Shoulders commercial with CJ Wilson and Josh Hamilton is even lamer and nurls my goins even more.  And even though I'd heard it hundreds of times, I still couldn't figure out what CJ Wilson mumbles to the hot brunette sniffing his hair.  I finally went on an exhaustive Internet search and discovered that he says, "Is that the way you guys always record sound?" They couldn't come up with anything more cleaver than that?

Anyhoo, as tiresome as these commercials are, the Geiko gecko is sometimes tolerable within the first several viewings, and Dikembe Mutombo swatting cereal boxes and laundry is still good for a chuckle.  

Paul Revere on his cell phone works once, and then it's one and done.

My favorite commercial these days...I actually do LOL whenever I see it still... the kids faces are priceless

http://youtu.be/NZGvsAtcB7U

[/QUOTE]

My favorite (and I usually intensely dislike commercials) is the Geiko Camel, hands down. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Just my luck ... not only are NYY getting their butt whipped, but this commercial is on thru MLB feed every 1/2 inning