There's GOT TO be a lot more to these signing than we know...just has to!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

There's GOT TO be a lot more to these signing than we know...just has to!

The only way,that I see these signings being worth it value wise is if Napoli is the primary catcher, and Victorino is the center fielder on opening day. Other wise...they make NO sense at all. Neither one of them are even close to worth what we signed them for as a rf or 1b man. So let's look for a deal involving both Ells and Salty in the coming weeks with maybe some prospects involved for a pitcher( Dickey or Lee ?), 1b, or another outfielder( big bat). Personally....I wouldn't mind seeing a deal to the Mets for Dickey and Davis, and then the cherry on top by signing Hamilton (I know,I know...he has his issues, but man, he would look good in the 3 hole IMO)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: There's GOT TO be a lot more to these signing than we know...just has to!

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AGREE   !!!

[/QUOTE]

12,000 posts,  and not a worthwhile thing to say.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AGREE   !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You need to stop crying and catch me...... 

[/QUOTE]

With 12000 posts of drivel?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only way,that I see these signings being worth it value wise is if Napoli is the primary catcher, and Victorino is the center fielder on opening day. Other wise...they make NO sense at all. Neither one of them are even close to worth what we signed them for as a rf or 1b man. So let's look for a deal involving both Ells and Salty in the coming weeks with maybe some prospects involved for a pitcher( Dickey or Lee ?), 1b, or another outfielder( big bat). Personally....I wouldn't mind seeing a deal to the Mets for Dickey and Davis, and then the cherry on top by signing Hamilton (I know,I know...he has his issues, but man, he would look good in the 3 hole IMO)

[/QUOTE]A 1 year rental and a lousy defensive catcher with good pop ain't gonna get you a cy young winner on a 1 year contract as well as a 30 plus home run hitter on any planet including earth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]A 1 year rental and a lousy defensive catcher with good pop ain't gonna get you a cy young winner on a 1 year contract as well as a 30 plus home run hitter on any planet including earth

[/QUOTE]

Ells...his compensation, Salty andmay be Webster and Cacchini might get it done imo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Disagree.  

Shane is quite valuable as a Sox RF.  Great range and a cannon.  Necessary for Fenway RF.  Watching Reddick and Ross bobble around out there and lollipop toss the ball back in as runners dont even hesitate to look for a sign to run home was not fun the last couple years.  And, really, his value is in his versatility.  He can play all three OF positions well.  And, in the event that Ellsbury should be traded for a front-line starter, then, yes, Victorino is a suitable, if offensively down-graded, centerfielder.

Napoli, in my view, loses value as a catcher.  A. he is a poor to mediocre catcher.  he is a poor to mediocre 1B as well, but you can hide defensive shortcomings better at first.  can't at catcher.  Also, conventional wisdom says that a player's batting gets better when he is not under the rigors of catching.  And, slugging is why Napoli was signed.  Not his D, at either position.  However, the fact that he can catch makes him valuable as well.  Particularly in interleague, making it easy for Papi to stay in the lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am not in love with any of the signings at all. Napoli I am okay on but why did the Rangers not pick up the option? I hope its not PEDs or anything like that they may have known something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

My only gripe with signing Napoli is that only once in his 7-year career has he played in more than 114 games.  This to me is a sign of a platoon player...the drop in defense from AGon at first to Napoli will be signifcant and costly. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Or else Ben Cherington is a bad GM and the Red Sox want to throw too much money at mediocre players like they have done in the past. Where is the plan with the younger players?

I'd rather see Kalish or Brentz given a shot this year than Victorino.

Why pay Gomes $5M per when he's never made anywhere close to that and he's a platoon player.

Napoli $13M per year coming off a horrible year when you have multiple catchers?

Where is this team going where they needed to spend $90M on players north of 30 coming off bad years?

It's called 'Clueless in Boston'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i saw that the mets are open to dealing johan santana and even would eat some of his salary..... i like him more than 38 year old dickey..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AGREE   !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You need to stop crying and catch me...... 

[/QUOTE]

With 12000 posts of drivel?

[/QUOTE]

Better than your "defending the indefensible" posts!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You want the answer? Get the players who want to play the game.Not great but good players who know only to hussle and give thier all. In other words willing to bust their butts. OR ? Like most posters on here who want high priced so called superstars who only play when they want and if they want.Lets put the fun and hussle back into the game and it will spred like wildfire. Thats the answer................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You want the answer? Get the players who want to play the game.Not great but good players who know only to hussle and give thier all. In other words willing to bust their butts. OR ? Like most posters on here who want high priced so called superstars who only play when they want and if they want.Lets put the fun and hussle back into the game and it will spred like wildfire. Thats the answer................

[/QUOTE]

Ilike it....big time. But hustle only brings you so far....talent wins championships

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ilike it....big time. But hustle only brings you so far....talent wins championships

[/QUOTE]

we had talent the last few years and where did that get us? theres no set formula to win a championship. you play with the hand that your dealt and hope for the best

Sections
Shortcuts