These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?

I must say though I feel bad for Pedroia to have to deal with this s--t. Gonzalez is overrated and not a true winner...nor does he seem to care it seems.......this team is most dysfunctional on many levels.....any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?

In Response to These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]I must say though I feel bad for Pedroia to have to deal with this s--t. Gonzalez is overrated and not a true winner...nor does he seem to care it seems.......this team is most dysfunctional on many levels.....any thoughts?
    Posted by TheMaskedAvenger[/QUOTE]
    Didn't I see you lose to John Cena in the Garden, then he ripped your mask off ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

One more for the Ignore list. This one was easy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Actually I disagree... there are a few maybe 5 on the 25 man roster I could do without likeability wise. More then we have had in a while but that wouldn't matter if they were winning. Be honest you wouldn't give a crapola if the Sox were 5-1 instead of 1-5. I doubt the additures of the few are keeping this team from winning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In Response to Re: These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]Actually I disagree... there are a few maybe 5 on the 25 man roster I could do without likeability wise. More then we have had in a while but that wouldn't matter if they were winning. Be honest you wouldn't give a crapola if the Sox were 5-1 instead of 1-5. I doubt the additures of the few are keeping this team from winning.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the honest reply. Actually i would prefer they wre 5-1. This team just gives a bad vibe.......it is early, but this has a bad feel to it......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts? : Thanks for the honest reply. Actually i would prefer they wre 5-1. This team just gives a bad vibe.......it is early, but this has a bad feel to it......

last year we was 2-9..and we kicked azz most of the season till we fell apart...this team is to good to be down for long..we will be alright...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im usually optomistic as you can see from all my posts last year..This year really does have a different vibe to it...and not a good one...Im hoping Im wrong..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Before anyone goes there, this is not an alias, I don't have any.

My feelings on the topic are documented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to These Red Sox just not very likeable as a team........Any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]I must say though I feel bad for Pedroia to have to deal with this s--t. Gonzalez is overrated and not a true winner...nor does he seem to care it seems.......this team is most dysfunctional on many levels.....any thoughts?

This team is split in half and i think the Tito guys are paying this team back for thier good ole x manager..... Will be long season.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In the last 46 years, this 2012 team is perhaps unlikeable, but more so because of the all the drama involving the firing of Theo/Tito, the forced retirements of two icons, and the knowledge that left on the roster were an arrogant, over the hill starter...two of them....and a LF who is a disaster and coming back to continue the disaster part 2 at a later date. And a guy who despite his ability to hit/field at 1b has been questioned about his leadership abilities--AGON.  Ortiz, Pedroia, Lester to me continue to be the guys that you want to root for, but that's also based on their quality Sox careers. Of the newer players, I like Aceves, I hope Bard can become a Lowe, and Sweeney has done some nice things to think he has a little clutch in him. I never cared for Ross and I don't see what the Sox saw in Aviles, Salty, Shoppach, Punto, Crawford (not ever going to be a good for Sox PRIOR to being overpaid). Doubront seems to be a likeable pitcher. But not the new Wasdin-Melancon. Anyway, not a 90-win team, so we get used to it. Maybe others will emerge to like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ahh, the old "doesn't seem to care" business.  Hard to argue with seems.  But, I'm thinking that a guy who is an MVP candidate with an OPS hovering around 1.00 and who plays a stellar first base, I don't know, just a hunch, but I'm guessing he may actually care.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

space, no question that AGON is a great talent, and when he's on, he's a terror at the plate. He also has the sweetest swing since Lynn. I would agree that hard to criticize him. I think what I'm driving at is how important was it to get him? Was it more important to go after a real quality starting pitcher (not saying they were available, and they did make a push for a few).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]space, no question that AGON is a great talent, and when he's on, he's a terror at the plate. He also has the sweetest swing since Lynn. I would agree that hard to criticize him. I think what I'm driving at is how important was it to get him? Was it more important to go after a real quality starting pitcher (not saying they were available, and they did make a push for a few).
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Valid arguement DC.  I was actually responding to the OPs assertion.  I don't take issue with any notion that he is not a leader, other than by his play.  I really don't know how he works in the clubhouse.  But, to your point, I think it was important for them to get Adrian.  Getting the heart of the order locked with the new, dare I say it, Manny, was important.  But, they could have passed on Crawford, potentially keeping Ellsbury down the line, and allocating those funds to pitching.  No doubt.  The real whiff was spending big bucks on Lackey.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree with the Manny comparison for central figure in the lineup. CC and Lackey, you they are the poster children for all-time bad signings, and yet there were so many red flags on both that would have merited not signing them. It just boggles the mind what those FO guys were thinking, even more so on CC than Lackey. At least in the Lackey case, they felt he could bolster a need--starting pitching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

they are playing very uninspiring baseball right now thats for sure. unlikable not so sure

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My thought is that you sure don't seem to have any useful thoughts.  If you are trying to say you're not happy the Sox are 1-5 right now, fine.  Just say it.  Heck, I'm frustrated too.  But these personal and ad hominem attacks on Adrian Gonzalez and the rest of the Sox are unjustified. 

To me Gonzalez is very professional and always looking to find ways to win.  In the Sox one and only win, he worked the count to 3-2, fouled off a couple of pitches, and brought Pedroia home with the tying run with a sac fly.    Last year he won the gold glove at first base and led the Sox in hits, batting average, rbi's, etc, etc.  What the heck are you looking for in terms of likeability?

On top of which, every player is under the daily sometimes minute to minute scrutiny of the RSN and the local sports press, including the Globe's Chad Finn, Peter Abraham, Nick Cafardo, Mazz, and Shaughnessy. The problem in Boston is never complacency, which is impossible. The problem is staying focused on the game despite all the distractions from a rabid and demanding fanbase abetted by critical employees of the Globe, Herald, WEEI, and goodness knows who else.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

I find the masked avenger unlikable.

As for the team, Lackey is the only guy I don't like.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I like the team - it's the organization that's hard to like.

Sections
Shortcuts