They signed Dempster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

They signed Dempster

Ben, better have something more than this up his sleeve.

this is awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: They signed Dempster

3 other threads on this exact matter and you felt the need to create your own just to say he was awful? glad another good thread was pushed off the front page for this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

thank you...and yes another thread.....this signing is that bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

excellent.

feel free to make another thread when your done pouting.

and another for when you plan on crying again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

okay internet tough guy......you support the move?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and before you add your two cents...I've been watching them since the 70's and have EARNED the right to comment. Thanks for playing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and before you add your two cents...I've been watching them since the 70's and have EARNED the right to comment. Thanks for playing.

[/QUOTE]

Don't pay any attention to him Ice....I would start another thread as he suggested. This deal is totally idiotic. Now we have as #4 SP: Lester, Doubront, DUMPSTER and as our #5 we are saddled with LACKEY. Bucky is a #2-3 SP, but he is injured too often. Ben is a moron if the deal is for more than one year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

okay internet tough guy......you support the move?

[/QUOTE]

internet tough guy? i wasn't aware that i threatened you over the internet the way a tough guy would.

i don't support the move but i'm not bashing the move. the sox had a plan for the pitching since there are no aces available, get a dependable guy who will give you 30 starts and 200 innings. dempster will do that for us. the quality of those innings remains to be seen but I cant judge until i see him in action in 2013.

@PG: seems you vastly underestimate our pitching staff. but it fits your MO so theres no bother in debating it with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

This signing doesnt really bother me. Its a very easily tradeable contract If hes a dud in his first year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

excellent.

feel free to make another thread when your done pouting.

and another for when you plan on crying again.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

There are actually "6" other Dempster/Dumpster threads on the front page...  but Lord knows we needed a 7th,  and am sure there will be 10 or more by tomorrow. 

It's 5pm people...  this news broke around 2pm.  Do you really think you're putting out news that has'nt been enlightened upon yet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Upside - pitches like Kuroda did last year for NYY (bargain)

Downside - could be another coming of 2011 Lackey (wasted money)

Most likely - around 10 and 10, low 5 ERA, 160 IP (team probably could have done better with the $13M/yr)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This signing is as bad as rotten ramen noodles.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

@PG: seems you vastly underestimate our pitching staff. but it fits your MO so theres no bother in debating it with you.....                                                                                                 . Don' think so and I've been a sox fan since 1960    .  Get your old cheerleading outfit cleaned    MEF429

[/QUOTE]

i fail to see how seriority = baseball acumen.

maybe you could explain it to me without breaking a hip?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Easy .  Our Pitching will keep us at 500 at best.  That's all that matters.

[/QUOTE]

you never answered my question. how does you being a red sox fan since 1960 mean you have a better baseball acumen than me?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

This signing doesnt really bother me. Its a very easily tradeable contract If hes a dud in his first year                                                       Really ?/              Tell me just one team that wiil want him after a Dud year.?  . Silly man

[/QUOTE]

An NL team.His ability to pitch in the NL has never been questioned. Seriously Stupidity Ignorance really irks me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Easy .  Our Pitching will keep us at 500 at best.  That's all that matters.

[/QUOTE]

you never answered my question. how does you being a red sox fan since 1960 mean you have a better baseball acumen than me?

[/QUOTE]

APPARENTLY, 52 years of watching baseball means he can never be wrong about anything he says.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I don't know....I really don't see a big deal with the issue.There is nothing great out there.  It's a short deal and not a ton of money.  He is usually good for 200 innings and is a solid #3 pitcher.  A rotation of Lester, Buc, Dempster, Lackey and Dubront with Morales or Aceves doing spot starting could be a lot worse.  In fact..other than Toronto and Detroit...I would take that rotation over any rotation in the East and Central.  We still have all of our draft picks and a solid lineup.  I would obviously love an Ace.....but realistically...MOST TEAMS DO NOT HAVE A REAL ACE!!!  I think if they would go out and get a REAL closer then we may be able to compete.  Defense is a lot better, pitching should be better and if healthy the lineup will produce....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to user_3255825's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know....I really don't see a big deal with the issue.There is nothing great out there.  It's a short deal and not a ton of money.  He is usually good for 200 innings and is a solid #3 pitcher.  A rotation of Lester, Buc, Dempster, Lackey and Dubront with Morales or Aceves doing spot starting could be a lot worse.  In fact..other than Toronto and Detroit...I would take that rotation over any rotation in the East and Central.  We still have all of our draft picks and a solid lineup.  I would obviously love an Ace.....but realistically...MOST TEAMS DO NOT HAVE A REAL ACE!!!  I think if they would go out and get a REAL closer then we may be able to compete.  Defense is a lot better, pitching should be better and if healthy the lineup will produce....

[/QUOTE]

So All-Star Andrew Bailey doesnt count as a REAL Closer???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have plenty of closers in the BP. if bailey can't do it we have bard (pending he has a revival), tazawa, morales, aceves, melancon and even miller (who can get it up there in the 97-98 range).

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to user_3255825's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So All-Star Andrew Bailey doesnt count as a REAL Closer???

[/QUOTE]

No.....I don't count him as a REAL closer just yet.  You do realize that every team has to have a rep in the allstar game correct?  Are you telling me that because he was an allstar due to being on a team of no Allstars...that it makes Bailey a top notch closer??  REALLY?? He had 2 solid season...although he did suffer injuries....and the last 2 were again injury plagued.  I hope you're right...but so far the body of work does not support your claim.