They will be lucky to make the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

They will be lucky to make the playoffs

Obviously, nobody in the front office bothers to read these posts.If they did, maybe they could sense our feelings of shock and disappointment as our Red Sox seem to be sliding out of control. If this was hockey or football, the coach would be history by now. How did we end up with Lacky and Miller? Managerial mistakes.
       We need guts and glory now, not plans for the playoffs. The playoffs might not happen.
     1-  Shake up the batting order. Put Crawford in the #2 spot, and Gonzo in the clean-up spot.
     2-Make Aceves a starter, have Wakefield pitch middle innings.
     3-Players who don't want to pay the price for victory, send them to the minors.
     4-With his attitude of-Just make the playoffs- Francona is saying that the Red Sox are not the best team in baseball. The attitude should be-The Red Sox are the best team in basaball, and we are going to make every effort possible to win all our remaining games.
       The reason why the Yankees are losing is because the R.S. are losing. You can be sure they will start winning if the R.S. show some fight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmosul. Show dmosul's posts

Re: They will be lucky to make the playoffs

When this team does not make the playoffs I am looking for big changes with the front office / manager / players  In my ind no one is safe.  Maybe major changes with a new manager / GM / players is needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"The reason why the Yankees are losing is because the R.S. are losing. You can be sure they will start winning if the R.S. show some fight."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

You same babies will be back on the bandwagon when things get righted. Fans like you make me sick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

I am so glad that no one has pushed the Panic button yet Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sean67. Show Sean67's posts

Is it reasonable to push the 'deep, deep concern' button?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The reason no one in the front office reads these posts is because they would die from hysterical laughter at many of the suggestions from people who do not even know how to play lawn darts or croquet , let alone pro baseball.

But I suspect that poster 'yazzer' is really Larry Lucchino visiting frequently because his job is too easy and he has lots of spare time to kill.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Those people not capable of playing croquet would have been pressed to make more insane signings like the ones that brought Lackey and Crawford here.

Dismissing these mistakes as a symptom of the free agency is the reason we will be doomed to make the same mistakes again.  Drew and Lugo were disasters Lackey and Crawford are nuclear disasters.  Imagine if  this money had gone to some pitchers that could mean something.  Lackey for one appears to be horrible teammate who is almost incapable of dealing with how bad he is.  He has not been lights out in any key game in his two years here.  Considering his contract that is probably unprecedented.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: They will be lucky to make the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]The reason no one in the front office reads these posts is because they would die from hysterical laughter at many of the suggestions from people who do not even know how to play lawn darts or croquet , let alone pro baseball. But I suspect that poster 'yazzer' is really Larry Lucchino visiting frequently because his job is too easy and he has lots of spare time to kill.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Yea Zilla, they must've laughed a fit when many of us posters said Cameron moving Ells out of CF was probably the single dumbest move ever....never mind - strike that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Yankees have made these gambles too.

They have only won once since signing A-Rod.

You might think a player of this magnitude would be worth a few championships...no?

Lackey, Drew, Lugo,Crawford, Scutaro,Renteria, among others were all successful in past years. This is the only measuring stick a GM has to go by.

The Red Sox make plenty of dough from advertising ticket sales and other avenues. When your farm system does not have a player MLB ready you must do something, doing nothing does not cut it.

Not every free agent signing turns out to be Manny Ramirez. Who gets blasted as much as any former Red Sox. But the fact remains , he was the best free agent this team ever brought to Boston.

Many of you find reasons to bash even the best acquistions. Many of you do not deserve to be fans of a winner anyway. You will find misery in a sunny weekend at the park. Many of you are just whiny, fairweather, bandwagon jumpers who probably now have Bruins jerseys and never watched hockey until February of this year.

We are damn lucky to jhave a baseball team that has the money to compete every year. You could live in Kansas City or be an Oaklnad A's fan. How sad would that be...but then , many of you would probably cheer for another team...you know, jump on someone else's bandwagon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Those people not capable of playing croquet would have been pressed to make more insane signings like the ones that brought Lackey and Crawford here. Dismissing these mistakes as a symptom of the free agency is the reason we will be doomed to make the same mistakes again.  Drew and Lugo were disasters Lackey and Crawford are nuclear disasters.  Imagine if  this money had gone to some pitchers that could mean something.  Lackey for one appears to be horrible teammate who is almost incapable of dealing with how bad he is.  He has not been lights out in any key game in his two years here.  Considering his contract that is probably unprecedented.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?1?!?

Do you come here in the off-season?  Come by sometime and see how many people plead for the front office to bring in their guy - an undoubted sure thing.  Myself included, as I thought the best move would be to go for Adam Dunn this past offseason.

Not to mention all the othjer "fans" who wanted to dump Beckett last year, or have called for Ortiz to retire after both April 2009 and 2010.

Do you actually think Lackey has the worst contract in baseball?  Bear in mind, Gary Matthews Jr is STILL being paid by the Angels, 3 teams later and he is currently unemployed.   

Free agency is loaded with ridiculous contracts.  Find an overpaid underperformer, and guess how he got the money - free agency.  Yet somehow, fans always think this time-tested formula for failure is anything but, or they will at least act surprised when it does, and view each individual underperformer as the exception, and not the rule...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Luck will have to play some part but good health and more depth are the big concerns.      Fasten your seat belts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

if the sox tank this year and don't make the playoffs, its is bye bye to that a holeee epstein

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know what was funnier, Zilla's post, Notin's schooling, or Geo's clinging to the lone time he was right: claiming victory while kicking CAM when he was down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Defending Lackey and his contract is a total waste of time.  We have had to many bad free agent signings.  Staring at black and saying it is white is all you are doing here.  I mean all that is being said is that signings like Lackey and Crawford have hurt the team.  And they have, in their play and team chemistry.  Ask Tito I bet he would say the same.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox will wins the division, you can take to the bank. New York Is entering a free fall, meanwhiles Becket Buchholtz and Youks will be rested. If I was in New York I would be scarred.
    Posted by Mickey-Mouse-Games[/QUOTE]
     Funny stuff! They'll be well rested in 2012 as long as they don't pull something tieing the golf shoes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

I saw some Amish Rock Stars in a gig last year in BlueBalls, PA or was it Intercourse, PA? They were awesome. I love that kind of music. I dig it man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]When this team does not make the playoffs I am looking for big changes with the front office / manager / players  In my ind no one is safe.  Maybe major changes with a new manager / GM / players is needed.
    Posted by dmosul[/QUOTE]

What is REALLY needed is an entirely different way to pay athletes. Yell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Defending Lackey and his contract is a total waste of time.  We have had to many bad free agent signings.  Staring at black and saying it is white is all you are doing here.  I mean all that is being said is that signings like Lackey and Crawford have hurt the team.  And they have, in their play and team chemistry.  Ask Tito I bet he would say the same.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You'd lose UR azz on that bet.
    Tito won't "ride his players out of town".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They will be lucky to make the playoffs : Are you kidding me?1?!? Do you come here in the off-season?  Come by sometime and see how many people plead for the front office to bring in their guy - an undoubted sure thing.  Myself included, as I thought the best move would be to go for Adam Dunn this past offseason. Not to mention all the othjer "fans" who wanted to dump Beckett last year, or have called for Ortiz to retire after both April 2009 and 2010. Do you actually think Lackey has the worst contract in baseball?  Bear in mind, Gary Matthews Jr is STILL being paid by the Angels, 3 teams later and he is currently unemployed.    Free agency is loaded with ridiculous contracts.  Find an overpaid underperformer, and guess how he got the money - free agency.  Yet somehow, fans always think this time-tested formula for failure is anything but, or they will at least act surprised when it does, and view each individual underperformer as the exception, and not the rule...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    haha i was one of the "theres no way were getting Agon so sign Dunn" guys as well. good times good times. Also iv seen some guys who were gaga for Crawford and have since jumped ship.,,,,Interesting

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You think Francona is happy with Lackey the last two years.  Really think about it.
    You think Crawford has fit in.  I root for Crawford every at bat.  I will admit I don't like Lackey at all. I should have said the Tito would feel what I was saying and would keep it confidential amongst the team but believe me he thinks it.

These two are major signings who are contributing next to nothing and it is September.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They will be lucky to make the playoffs : You'd lose UR azz on that bet. Tito won't "ride his players out of town".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Lackey is as useless pitcher like harness is a supporter.  Any moron with half a brain in the Sox management would agree Lackey has been a complete bust.  6.30 ERA and one of "if not" the worst starting pitcher in baseball.