THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!!

In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : Wasn't the bias against Detroit by the play-by-play guys glaring last night? They were simply stunned after the back-to-back jacks in the 1st. Thought they were at a funeral....just couldn't hold back their remorse.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Agree that the big market teams, especially the Yankees are always going to be favored by the announcers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : Wasn't the bias against Detroit by the play-by-play guys glaring last night? They were simply stunned after the back-to-back jacks in the 1st. Thought they were at a funeral....just couldn't hold back their remorse.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, epsecially from Ron Darling.  He was talking like a come-back was inevitable.  Pathetic.  I used to like him but he was a yankee-homer the entire series and last night put me over the edge with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]sometimes you just get beat....congrats to the Tigers....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Classy post Jete, as usual........... 

As a long time Sox fan I always pull for any team playing the Yankees. But it's been especially hard for me this season to not give the Yankee's a LOT of respect.   You guys had plenty of injuries this season to overcome like we did. Unlike my Sox you guys seemed to battle every inning, every at bat, every pitch, to the last out of every game....  

As we all know a lot of times even the best teams don't do well, or go far, into the post season. But at least you guys got there......... Hopefully this off season the Sox can fix a lot of what is wrong, and we both can get deeper into the post season next year.

Congrats on a great year...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : Classy post Jete, as usual...........    As a long time Sox fan I always pull for any team playing the Yankees. But it's been especially hard for me this season to not give the Yankee's a LOT of respect.   You guys had plenty of injuries this season to overcome like we did. Unlike my Sox you guys seemed to battle every inning, every at bat, every pitch, to the last out of every game....     As we all know a lot of times even the best teams don't do well, or go far, into the post season. But at least you guys got there......... Hopefully this off season the Sox can fix a lot of what is wrong, and we both can get deeper into the post season next year. Congrats on a great year...........
    Posted by tetonman50[/QUOTE] hey TM50, what's doin?...thanks, it was a long road i can't get too down as it's always a grind and the Yanks were promised nothing...i get the Sox fans glee in our loss....i'm sure some of it is due to their own lack of season, but probably more the product of being rivals, it should be expected..doesn't make you less of a fan....the Tigers earned it...EOS...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : hey MD, what's up buddy..haven't chatted in a while,hope all is well....enjoy the offseason.. 
    Hey Jete - it is going to be a long off season - not the way most people figured it would go - how many had the yanks, sox, phills and giants in the final 4 this year.
    Sox & giants crap the bed and yanks lose in 1st round - what happens if philly bows out early. The networks are going to have some lousy ratings this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Followed by .......... THEEEEEEEEEEEEE yankees LOSE CHARLES CARSTEN SABATHIA.........

Ian "2 innings" Nova to be the new "ace" of the staff......Justin "DUI" Chamberlain to go back into the rotation...........CJ Wilson, the 2nd Texas Free Agent in a row, to turn down /> 100 million contract from the da Ca$h-man........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : Hey Jete - it is going to be a long off season - not the way most people figured it would go - how many had the yanks, sox, phills and giants in the final 4 this year. Sox & giants crap the bed and yanks lose in 1st round - what happens if philly bows out early. The networks are going to have some lousy ratings this year.
    Posted by maddog2020[/QUOTE] for sure, but i think the Phils will hold steady, but man that Brews-D-Backs G5 is gonna be a good one..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Followed by .......... THEEEEEEEEEEEEE yankees LOSE CHARLES CARSTEN SABATHIA......... Ian "2 innings" Nova to be the new "ace" of the staff......Justin "DUI" Chamberlain to go back into the rotation...........CJ Wilson, the 2nd Texas Free Agent in a row, to turn down /> 100 million contract from the da Ca$h-man........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Drew', it's Ivan Nova.... you were thinking of Ian Kennedy maybe?..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit that I am very surprised that the Yankees lost last night.  Imagine if the Phillies are also eliminated tonight.  The networks will be concerned about the tv ratings. Viewership may be effected if the Phillies don't make it further.  Imagine the playoffs continuing without the Phillies, Yankees or Red Sox.  Before the season started the Phillies and Red Sox were the favorites to make it to the World Series and many predicted the Phillies would win it all.  As I already stated many times anything can happen in the playoffs. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that is the problem in and of itself. The networks being so concerned about the 'entitled' teams not being in it. It is unfair to the teams who are in it.
    Funny, I just never saw the Sox in the same light as those who thought they would make and win the WS. And to be honest, I am so tired of hearing about the Phils and their pitching staff, I hope the Cards take them out. But you are right Susan, anything can happen in the playoffs and usually does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I still dont understand why yankeess fans are here in RS web page.  I really don't understand... Can any yankees fan answer me?? just curious..
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Actually I enjoy having the Yankees fans here. It makes it more fun to discuss. And most are not hear putting the Sox down. Most are hear enjoying the discussions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]sometimes you just get beat....congrats to the Tigers....

Well put Jete.

I don't as a Sox fan raise my glass to Detroit though for eliminating the Yankees. I would rather toast Granderson, Jete, Tex, Arod, Swisher for their quiet bats.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : Yeah, epsecially from Ron Darling.  He was talking like a come-back was inevitable.  Pathetic.  I used to like him but he was a yankee-homer the entire series and last night put me over the edge with him.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Darling was a jerk.  Could he have been any more pro-Yankee?!?   He seriously was talking as if the play had been written already and the Yankees would win.  Unprofessional ... and his voice drives me nuts.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

I care more that we missed the playoffs than the Yankees losing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No, I meant Ivan, thanks for the correction

not the 20 game winner da "Ca$h"-man traded away

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]No, I meant Ivan, thanks for the correction not the 20 game winner da "Ca$h"-man traded away
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]LOL..that's one i'm still wrestling with, can't decide whether to be PO'd or just happy for IPK, i'm still glad he didn't get shipped off to get Santana though...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Personally, I think Darling does a good job. He was just reflecting the feeling that most viewers had , that the Yankees would somehow come back and win it. I know that was what I was thinking as I watched.  Have to say though that ARod striking out to end it was fun to watch. Could not happen to a nicer guy.  Congrats to the Tigers. However , I have to say that this does not at all lessen the sting from the Sox collapse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, even if you think Granderson is better than Kennedey/Jackson/Coke.....the issue is why did he have to deal Kennedy?  He could have dealt Chamberlain....Then he'd have Granderson and Kennedy and they are probably still playing right now.......Couple that w/ keeping Melky as their 4th OF and man, as much as I critize Theo lately, da "Ca$h"-man makes Theo look pretty good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, with Homefield advantage and the Tigers bat slowing down after the first inning you had to think there would be a comeback.

But I tell you what - even better than ARoids K'ing was watching Valverde do his dance on the mound in da-Bronx.  And watching jeter and cano look on. 

Did you notice some of the fans just staring out there too, completely frozen long after ARoids high tailed it back to the dugout?

Tigers and Brewers - in the World Series.  A good ol fashion Northern Mid-West 7 game series.  Ryan Braun - MVP and taking a victory lap at home in Miller Park.  First World Series evah for Milwaukee.  Pretty Cool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THHHHEEEEEE YANQEEEEESS LOOOOSSSEEE!!!!!! : hey TM50, what's doin?...thanks, it was a long road i can't get too down as it's always a grind and the Yanks were promised nothing...i get the Sox fans glee in our loss....i'm sure some of it is due to their own lack of season, but probably more the product of being rivals, it should be expected..doesn't make you less of a fan....the Tigers earned it...EOS...

Strictly speaking for myself I can say it's based on 50 years of mostly watching my team coming in behind the Yankees.  Maybe I just am envious of the idea that in NY failure, while always a possibility, is not ever an excusable option. Maybe I am envious in that to me there does seem to be an intangible asset in NY, Yankee pride, that IMHO seems lacking in Boston. 

What I do know is that now that both the teams I would have been routing my heart out for, and against, are both done for the remainder of the season I can finally watch a few games, not get worked up while doing so, and really enjoy what's left of the season!!      As a Red Sox fan I've learned you gotta look to find some positives anyplace you can :-))

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

After Girardi willfully tanked the 7-0 lead against the Rays in the last game of the season, I was elated to see the Bombers blew game 5 against the Tigers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]It was more satisfying watching the Rays lose.   But maybe now we will get some peace and quiet around here ... until Spring training. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]Gotta agree with you there. I might hate the Rays more than the Yankees at this point. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite moments in baseball in the last twenty years has to have been when Coco Crisp started that brawl with the Rays and said later that their pitcher (Shields I think) punched like a girl.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

watching Skeletor, I mean Girardi get choked up at the post game presser made my month. all i could think of was his little smile when TB hit that last home run in game 162. what goes around

Sections
Shortcuts