Things Going From Bad to Worse for Yankees, Teixeira

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Things Going From Bad to Worse for Yankees, Teixeira

The Yankees pitchers are going to need to step up.  Although the Yankees lost a lot of power from their hitters, good news for the Yankees: The 2012 SF Giants hit only 103 HRs and still won the World Series.

As for the AL East, I doubt any of the five teams will win 90 games.  I think 87 to 89 wins will be enough to win the division.  So I guess this is good news for all five teams?  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

From ESPN:

TAMPA, Fla. -- The injury that will keep New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira out of the lineup until May at the earliest is not a wrist strain, as originally reported, but a partially torn tendon sheath that could potentially require season-ending surgery.

Sox fans should know better than to revile in the Yanks' D.L. situation. For beginners, Granderson is out til only May. You make fun in the home runs lost between said D.L. and the loss of Swisher. You conveniently forget/ neglect  to estimate what Youkilis (who is powdering the ball this spring and appears to be happy and healthy) and  Travis Hafner (remember him?) may provide. Then there is ridicule over Vernon Wells, with some not wanting to admit that at 10 mil over two years is a bargain compared to Victorino or Stephen Drew (13 mil per)....what can a healthy Wells provide, and it's certainly worth a shot at that price. Besides, it's all about pitching- isn't it?- and the Yanks have a few arms ready to produce (watch David Phelps)...

After last year and the shaky team from Boston that I personally see on paper so far this year , I would watch my comments if I were a Sox fan. You might be watching the Bruins highlights come summer....

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I remember going to the season opener at Yankee stadium in 2005.  I paid a scalper $200 to sit in the bleachers (a very dumb and bad idea for a Red Sox fan).   LOL

I wore my Schilling jersey and the train ride was brutal.   LOL

The walk from the train station to the stadium was even more brutal.   LOL

50,000 fans chanting "A**HOLE!!!" to David Wells as he walked to the mound.   

I felt like Ben Affleck going to Iran ("ARGO").   LOL

But the hype for this year is not even close.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

From ESPN:

TAMPA, Fla. -- The injury that will keep New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira out of the lineup until May at the earliest is not a wrist strain, as originally reported, but a partially torn tendon sheath that could potentially require season-ending surgery.

Sox fans should know better than to revile in the Yanks' D.L. situation. For beginners, Granderson is out til only May. You make fun in the home runs lost between said D.L. and the loss of Swisher. You conveniently forget/ neglect  to estimate what Youkilis (who is powdering the ball this spring and appears to be happy and healthy) and  Travis Hafner (remember him?) may provide. Then there is ridicule over Vernon Wells, with some not wanting to admit that at 10 mil over two years is a bargain compared to Victorino or Stephen Drew (13 mil per)....what can a healthy Wells provide, and it's certainly worth a shot at that price. Besides, it's all about pitching- isn't it?- and the Yanks have a few arms ready to produce (watch David Phelps)...

After last year and the shaky team from Boston that I personally see on paper so far this year , I would watch my comments if I were a Sox fan. You might be watching the Bruins highlights come summer....

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

You shouldn't need to be warned.

Just think, if all us Sox fans weren't so delusional, you and the other Yankee fans would have to go elsewhere to act superior.

I know you wouldn't like that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

From ESPN:

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

I would think that a Yanquis fan posting in a Red Sox forum would have a little thicker skin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

From ESPN:

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

Just think, if all us Sox fans weren't so delusional, you and the other Yankee fans would have to go elsewhere to act superior.

Not superior. Just logical and much wiser, apparently, than you.

Really?

What have I said about the Yankees that's so off-the-wall?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

From ESPN:

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

I would think that a Yanquis fan posting in a Red Sox forum would have a little thicker skin.

Kim, is that you?

Nope. Just commenting on your over sensitivity.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

From ESPN:

Oooh, scary!

We've been warned!!

Not superior. Just logical and much wiser, apparently, than you.

Really?

What have I said about the Yankees that's so off-the-wall?

Your "oohh, scary, we've been warned" comment seemed sophomoric and contained nothing beneficial to the conversation. Followed soon by another passive- aggressive, snarky response that also contributed nothing other than the steps to an escalating diatribe that I thought was frowned upon in this forum. It's too bad, because the door was open for discussion about 2 similar teams with similar situations (D.L., etc.). Symptonal remarks by someone who might not have anything to respond with? 

You seriously need to grow a sense of humor.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Alex Rodriguez will make more this year than all the Houston Astros combined - a lot more.

And he won't even play the first half of the season, if at all.

A-Rod's $29 million salary tops the major leagues for the 13th straight season.

The Astros have shrunk their payroll to about $25 million.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Alex Rodriguez will make more this year than all the Houston Astros combined - a lot more.

sounds like a team softy can root for..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The Lastros?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't be afraid to mention Verlander, Posey, Pujols, Hamilton, etal. in this categorization. I know they are not Yankees, but....

Fair enough, but you have to admit A-Rod's contract is pretty special.  After signing it his OPS went down for 5 straight years.  And it might be .000 for the last 5 years of the deal. 

Giving Pujols 10 years too was flat out insane, especially with the deterioration of A-Rod unfolding before our eyes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Don't be afraid to mention Verlander, Posey, Pujols, Hamilton, etal. in this categorization. I know they are not Yankees, but....

Fair enough, but you have to admit A-Rod's contract is pretty special.  After signing it his OPS went down for 5 straight years.  And it might be .000 for the last 5 years of the deal. 

Giving Pujols 10 years too was flat out insane, especially with the deterioration of A-Rod unfolding before our eyes.

A-roid was a PED user and once you stop your body starts to deteriorate. Pujols seems to be all natural so it's perfectally OK to assume he will hold up for most of the contract. Granted, 10 years is a long time to bank on health especially as he approaches OMAR status BUT it's the price to pay for a future HOF'er..

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

A-roid was a PED user and once you stop your body starts to deteriorate. Pujols seems to be all natural so it's perfectally OK to assume he will hold up for most of the contract. Granted, 10 years is a long time to bank on health especially as he approaches OMAR status BUT it's the price to pay for a future HOF'er..

Albert is 33 right now, his numbers have gone down 4 years in a row and he has 9 years left on his deal.  His deterioration will be 'natural', though, I guess.

The Angels will be fortunate to get 5 solid years from Albert.  240 million is a lot for 5 years.  Insane.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Cano will be the next player with a big payday which he deserves.

Sections
Shortcuts