Things I was wrong about

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Things I was wrong about

After watching almost every game last year, going to the World Series in St. Louis and Spring Training this year I thought:

1. Grady would have a good year. I WAS WRONG.

2. JBJ would hit at least .245.  I WAS WRONG.

3. A.J. would be a good replacement for Salty and Ross would be a good backup. I WAS WRONG.

4. Clay would resemble a major league pitcher. I WAS WRONG.

5. Will would hit 25 HRs and drive in 85 runs while playing average defense. I WAS WRONG.

6. Pedey would be Pedey. I WAS WRONG.

7. Doubrant would finally blossom. I WAS WRONG.

8. Mujica was a good signing. I WAS REALLY WRONG.

9. Miller could handle high leverage situations. I WAS WRONG.

10. Xander could field well enough at SS to make people forget about Drew. I WAS WRONG.

11. Lester would sign with the Sox. I WAS WRONG.

12. The Sox would have an offense and hit with runners in scoring position. I WAS WRONG.

13. The Sox would be fundamentally sound. I WAS WRONG.

14. Farrell would be a good in game manager. I WAS WRONG.

15. Victorino would play more than 110 games. I WAS WRONG.

16. Peavy would win 10 games. I WAS WRONG.

17. Jerry Remy would be a tenth as good as the Eck. I WAS WRONG.

And for those, I am sorry RSN. It looks like it is going to be a looooooooong year.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Things I was wrong about

Do you work in the Sox front office?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Do you work in the Sox front office?

I wish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

At least you could admit it.

I am still waiting for everyone who bashed me for saying

JBJ can't hit

We should cut ties w/ Buck last winter

and Boggy can't play SS

to tell me I was right.  Again.  They won't though.  I get it.  It sucks when someone is always right and they are always wrong.  But hey, at least come clean with Crawford and Drew.  No?  Didn't think so..........It's OK, I know who you are.  And I know that you know, that I know who you are too.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"At least you could admit it."

I don't remember your post about how you were wrong about many aspects of last year's championship team...

Could be I missed it. If not you might have wanted to mention it as you've been wrong plenty in here. 

But hey, you were right about the things you listed. 

For myself, I was wrong about maybe 2/3 of the things on splendid's list.

I wasn't wrong about Remy....he's gassed 

So it goes...too bad as I thought we'd be pretty good this year. Not championship good but a lot better than this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"At least you could admit it."

I don't remember your post about how you were wrong about many aspects of last year's championship team...

Could be I missed it. If not you might have wanted to mention it as you've been wrong plenty in here. 

But hey, you were right about the things you listed. 

For myself, I was wrong about maybe 2/3 of the things on splendid's list.

I wasn't wrong about Remy....he's gassed 

So it goes...too bad as I thought we'd be pretty good this year. Not championship good but a lot better than this. 

I said they'd compete for the playoffs pre-2013.  Never thought we'd have a chance for the WS until we beat up on DT late in the season.  Lester stepped it up - finally and Naps proved he could hit behind Ortiz.  Those were my doubts.  I also could had never predicted Koji but I don't think anyone did.  So that's it really.  Once we finally dumped Crawford, Beckett, etc I knew we would have hope in 2013.  That, coupled with looking at how weak the yankees looked going into 2013 plus an extra WC team, there was never a reason not to get in last year.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

JBJ can't hit

and Boggy can't play SS

to tell me I was right.  Again.  They won't though.  I get it.  It sucks when someone is always right and they are always wrong.  But hey, at least come clean with Crawford and Drew.  No?  Didn't think so..........It's OK, I know who you are.  And I know that you know, that I know who you are too.......

Sorry, aren't you the one who wrote that they would lose 100 games in the "Eight is Enough" thread?

Care to take that one back?  They're not losing 100 games.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to soups' comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

JBJ can't hit

and Boggy can't play SS

Sorry, aren't you the one who wrote that they would lose 100 games in the "Eight is Enough" thread?

Care to take that one back?  They're not losing 100 games.  

why would I?  Talk to me again in October.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

After watching almost every game last year, going to the World Series in St. Louis and Spring Training this year I thought:

1. Grady would have a good year. I WAS WRONG.

2. JBJ would hit at least .245.  I WAS WRONG.

3. A.J. would be a good replacement for Salty and Ross would be a good backup. I WAS WRONG.

4. Clay would resemble a major league pitcher. I WAS WRONG.

5. Will would hit 25 HRs and drive in 85 runs while playing average defense. I WAS WRONG.

6. Pedey would be Pedey. I WAS WRONG.

7. Doubrant would finally blossom. I WAS WRONG.

8. Mujica was a good signing. I WAS REALLY WRONG.

9. Miller could handle high leverage situations. I WAS WRONG.

10. Xander could field well enough at SS to make people forget about Drew. I WAS WRONG.

11. Lester would sign with the Sox. I WAS WRONG.

12. The Sox would have an offense and hit with runners in scoring position. I WAS WRONG.

13. The Sox would be fundamentally sound. I WAS WRONG.

14. Farrell would be a good in game manager. I WAS WRONG.

15. Victorino would play more than 110 games. I WAS WRONG.

16. Peavy would win 10 games. I WAS WRONG.

17. Jerry Remy would be a tenth as good as the Eck. I WAS WRONG.

And for those, I am sorry RSN. It looks like it is going to be a looooooooong year.  

I was  one of very few who seen this coming out of Spring training. Bingo !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

You weren't the only one! But, the one I am most embarassed about, is John Farrell. I think that last night's game with the Rays was the worst game he has ever managed. He looked lost and confused, made every wrong move possible. This, after making a good roster move by leading-off with Brock Holt. (I believe Holt has the best OBP of anyone on the roster; except, maybe, Napoli who strikes out 1 out of every 3 at bats). Keeping Napoli at the the 4 spot negated that, of course. And taking called strike 3 back-to-bacl at bats with men on base, certainly surprised no one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

You weren't the only one! But, the one I am most embarassed about, is John Farrell. I think that last night's game with the Rays was the worst game he has ever managed. He looked lost and confused, made every wrong move possible. This, after making a good roster move by leading-off with Brock Holt. (I believe Holt has the best OBP of anyone on the roster; except, maybe, Napoli who strikes out 1 out of every 3 at bats). Keeping Napoli at the the 4 spot negated that, of course. And taking called strike 3 back-to-bacl at bats with men on base, certainly surprised no one.

Well, I thought they had a chance to compete but ONLY if they did certain things including cutting ties w/ Clay, using Boggy at 3B, and not relying on JBJ to give you anything offensively as well as using some prospects for a trade.

Sections
Shortcuts