This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox

This team is heading in the right direction... Beckett hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago and has woken up. Lester is Lester. Buchholz is struggling but Doubront ad Bard have more than made up for it at the back end of the rotation. Overall, the starters are goin deeper than they did last year which puts less pressure on a bullpen that's improved and not yet at full strength. Next the lineup... This team ha missed arguably their best hitte and still have one of the best offenses in baseball. Pedroia and A-Gon haven't even really started hitting yet. Middlebrooks, for now, is a wash at 3B compared to 2011 Youk. The SS has played at an AS caliber level and has even provided better defense than Scutaro. The OF, though there are some key injuries, has been much improved since last year. I'm going to assume that Crawford will be an upgrade when he returns. Finally Salty had emerged as one of the top catchers in the AL. Things are looking right moving forward and you can book that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox

Placing the bet now SPC. Now what am I exactly betting on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox:
    Placing the bet now SPC. Now what am I exactly betting on?
    Posted by jesseyeric
    Is Robertson out for the year? What's the story with him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well, compare last year's post bad start Sox of may to mid August, and I think I'll take the 2011 version, but when Ells and other return, I gotta think we'll be better.

Is better enough?

The Rangers look better too!

I heard today that Texas just made their first roster move of the season today. WOW!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well, compare last year's post bad start Sox of may to mid August, and I think I'll take the 2011 version, but when Ells and other return, I gotta think we'll be better. Is better enough? The Rangers look better too! I heard today that Texas just made their first roster move of the season today. WOW!
    Posted by moonslav59
    Fortunately we don't have to worry about the Rangers again until late July. We could be close to full strength by then. The next two series against Tampa and Detrtoit should be interesting. The Sox could make a loud statement here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox:
    This team is heading in the right direction... Beckett hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago and has woken up. Lester is Lester. Buchholz is struggling but Doubront ad Bard have more than made up for it at the back end of the rotation. Overall, the starters are goin deeper than they did last year which puts less pressure on a bullpen that's improved and not yet at full strength. Next the lineup... This team ha missed arguably their best hitte and still have one of the best offenses in baseball. Pedroia and A-Gon haven't even really started hitting yet. Middlebrooks, for now, is a wash at 3B compared to 2011 Youk. The SS has played at an AS caliber level and has even provided better defense than Scutaro. The OF, though there are some key injuries, has been much improved since last year. I'm going to assume that Crawford will be an upgrade when he returns. Finally Salty had emerged as one of the top catchers in the AL. Things are looking right moving forward and you can book that.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

This team must be amazing, the 2011 Red Sox as you predicted won over 114 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : Is Robertson out for the year? What's the story with him?
    Posted by carnie

Not that I am aware of, but an oblique injury can last months. Moon's years of predictions of Yanks breaking down is finally coming true.

It will be interesting to see what this forum and next off season is like if both NY and Boston miss the post season. I don't remember the last time there was a post season without at least one of them in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Funny how a few wins change the fans.. Sox are better now then a month ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In response to "Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox":
    In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : Not that I am aware of, but an oblique injury can last months. Moon's years of predictions of Yanks breaking down is finally coming true. It will be interesting to see what this forum and next off season is like if both NY and Boston miss the post season. I don't remember the last time there was a post season without at least one of them in. Posted by jesseyeric
    At least up to this point, the Yankees look more like a non-playoff team than the Sox,..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They are an ACE and an MVP (Ellsbury) away from competing.

Who knows when we'll see Ellsbury again and it's not like an Ace is just going to fall out of the sky onto Yawkey Way.............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hey - how about this.......sign Oswalt get Bailey back.....then Aceves and Roy into the rotation and Bailey to close and Buck to Rhode Island and Bard to the pen.

Lester, Beckett, Aceves, Oswalt, Doubrant

Bailey, Bard, Morales, Miller, Hill, Padilla, Albiers/Atchinson

Do you think this gives us the best chance to win? Or is it too much tinkering?  Or simply too hopeful since AB and RO may never be here.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When its all over, yeah, I think this team is better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In response to "Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox": At least up to this point, the Yankees look more like a non-playoff team than the Sox,..

You're a fool.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox": At least up to this point, the Yankees look more like a non-playoff team than the Sox,..
    You don't watch Yankee games do you? Yankees recent losing streak was because of their offense; not pitching. Pitching is as advertised with the exception of Nova (disappointing), older hitters taking time to round into shape. Closer; not as strong as last year; but still prefer over Aceves; and the middle of the the bullpen; as strong as ever. 3 significant injuries (yanks just don't complain about it as much). Yankee fans tend to stay away from proclamations like "5 aces" (last year's Sox starting rotation) or "best hitter in baseball" (Epstein on Youklis), "favorite for rookie of the year and perhaps an allstar at third base" (you on Middlebrooks) along with todays claim (you again) that "Saltalamichia is one of the best catchers in American League" ... Oh; and theres a guy in NY with an OPS about 100 points higher than Aviles, that could potentially be playing slightly better "all star calibre ball". All this, and the Sox look like a playoff team and the Yanks do not. I have news for you, neither of them look like playoff teams yet. Notwithstanding  Bobby V's championship claims. When you figure out what you want to bet on; let me know ... I'm in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Had you posted this after a loss or losing streak, you would have more credibility than Dan Rather commenting on why Obama is brilliant and Reagan was a small college dim wit.

Take a look at this "great offense" you claim by virtue of looking at aggregate "total runs scored" et al.

This team has failed to score more than 3 runs for 18 games played in the early stages of the season. They are 1-17 as a result.

Neither Ellsbury and/or Crawford, Ellsbury was a part of the above before his 2nd missing years, is going to have any major impact on what produced that 1-17 result. And "better pitching" isn't going to have a major impact on 18 games where the team can't even score more than 3 runs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : obama is brilliant and raygun was a dimwit. credibility issue solved. btw, hanky panky, how's your new album "I'M SO STUPID I COULD CRY" progressing?
    Posted by mryazz
    kinda funny

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Yes, he leads the league in two categories; Lowest CS% and highest CERA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

obama is brilliant

Obama is a politcally created puppet with the intelligence of a "corpse" of idiots, like you and your fellow Wards of the Obama State.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : Yes, he leads the league in two categories; Lowest CS% and highest CERA.
    Posted by harv53

You left out fpct too. leads the league in worst fielding percentage. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : You left out fpct too. leads the league in worst fielding percentage.  Posted by pri360
    Yeah, because that's a meaningful stat. Russell Martin's hitting about 70 points below his weight right now, but let's rip the Sox catcher...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox": Yeah, because that's a meaningful stat. Russell Martin's hitting about 70 points below his weight right now, but let's rip the Sox catcher...
    Posted by jasko2248

Hold on there - I'm not ripping the catcher - I'm ripping the poster. No one throws around plaudits like he does; and then challenges other posters to bet on it. Martin
    is having a terrible year and Sabathia won't even pitch to him anymore - and I would never say any yankee is the best at this or the best at that. this is not about the Sox - its about being called out for gross exaggerations time and time again. Hope I didn't offend you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox : Hold on there - I'm not ripping the catcher - I'm ripping the poster. No one throws around plaudits like he does; and then challenges other posters to bet on it. Martin is having a terrible year and Sabathia won't even pitch to him anymore - and I would never say any yankee is the best at this or the best at that. this is not about the Sox - its about being called out for gross exaggerations time and time again. Hope I didn't offend you. Posted by pri360
    No worries....he's an optimistic fan on a Sox message board that has very few....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: This 2012 Sox are better than the 2011 Sox": No worries....he's an optimistic fan on a Sox message board that has very few....
    Posted by jasko2248
    that may be true, but I'm not the only one who
    is struck by the authoritative quality of his posts - and then his virtual absence from the board when/if things go the other way.

Sections
Shortcuts