This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.

RED SOX 
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Aviles RF
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Scutaro SS

NESN:
    An interesting look for Terry Francona's crew today. Mike Aviles will make his major league debut in the outfield, playing right and batting sixth.

In fact, Aviles has not played outfield since college. Not one inning. And we know that right field at Fenway is not the easiest to learn. Should be interesting to see how he performs.

Aviles is 5-for-10 with a double against CC Sabathia, so it's as good a time as any to get him in there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field?

No surprise here to me. Reddick would be way overmatched vs. CC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me.  If they think that little of MacD then cut him....and where is Sutton? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.

In Response to Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.:
    [QUOTE]The whole thing doesn't make sense to me.  If they think that little of MacD then cut him....and where is Sutton? 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Andrew, is Sutton even with the team?, i understand his wife's undergoing a difficult pregnancy??...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think Sutton is in Pawtucket now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

In Response to Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field? Hint-he has not played outfield since college.:
    [QUOTE]The whole thing doesn't make sense to me.  If they think that little of MacD then cut him....and where is Sutton? 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I think you make a good point.  If they are putting Aviles in the OF, then what is DMac's role?  If Aviles passes his OF test then I think DMac is gone when Lowrie and/or Drew return.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I realize Sutton is not w/ the Big Club but that's the point - they sent him down in favor of Avilles and DMac.......Also, I thought Navarro had potential to play the OF.......The move kind of reminds me of when they got Rickey Guiterriz and Chris Woodard......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

McDonald is 1-for-10 against CC.

Aviles is 5-for-10.

It may have nothing to do with thinking little of McDonald as much as Aviles might be a better matchup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field?

In Response to Re: This afternoon's lineup-Guess who is playing right field?:
    [QUOTE]No surprise here to me. Reddick would be way overmatched vs. CC.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Yes, he has been way overmatched all year according to Francona.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]McDonald is 1-for-10 against CC. Aviles is 5-for-10. It may have nothing to do with thinking little of McDonald as much as Aviles might be a better matchup.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

These matchups have barely worked this year