This board is full of whiners and crybabies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

This board is full of whiners and crybabies

So the Red Sox have hit a tough stretch. Are they playing good baseball right now? No, of course not. But the question is, can they turn it around? IMO they can. First off, Lackey seems to be the kind of guy that gets motivates by people hating on him. Wakefield is due for a good game too. Our lineup is arguably as good as there is in MLB. It would be monumental for the Sox not to qualify for the postseason. They would almost have to lose out the rest of the season. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. Does anyone here remember 2004? So if you're crying the blues about the Red Sox this year, maybe you should do yourself a favor and go cheer for the Yankees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: This board is full of whiners and crybabies

What, and everyone is supposed to look at this garbage baseball and just be quiet?
    This isn't the Theo's Sheep Board. It's the Red Sox DISCUSSION board.
    This team has none of the character or characters on the 2004 team, nor the on field talent, either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Wakefield is due for a good game?  Really? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: This board is full of whiners and crybabies:
    [QUOTE It's the Red Sox DISCUSSION board.
    This team has none of the character or characters on the 2004 team, nor the on field talent, either.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]Really? Who was the 1B in 2004? Who was the CF? Who was the 2B? One big advantage the Sox had in 2004 was Pedro, but we won't see anyone like him again in a long while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Wakefield is due for a good game?  Really? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]I would say so. Law of averages and all that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Duh! There was a batting champion at 3rd base. Manny, who hit better than anyone on this team at LF. Papi in his prime. The CF was some guy named Damon. Nixon was better than Gags Reddick. That means the OF was far superior to 2011. Tek was in his prime and one of the best. Better than Salty.
    The pitchers were Schilling, Pedro and Lowe. I'll take them over this staff.
    Short memory, huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to This board is full of whiners and crybabies:
    [QUOTE]So the Red Sox have hit a tough stretch. Are they playing good baseball right now? No, of course not. But the question is, can they turn it around? IMO they can. First off, Lackey seems to be the kind of guy that gets motivates by people hating on him. Wakefield is due for a good game too. Our lineup is arguably as good as there is in MLB. It would be monumental for the Sox not to qualify for the postseason. They would almost have to lose out the rest of the season. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. Does anyone here remember 2004? So if you're crying the blues about the Red Sox this year, maybe you should do yourself a favor and go cheer for the Yankees.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Really? Tough stretch? This is one of the most epic collapses in baseball history. Look at their September record. And how long (2 weeks now?) have we been hearing about having to turn it around.

If they Sox get swept tomorrow and Tampa wins, it's a tie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board is full of whiners and crybabies : I would say so. Law of averages and all that.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Law of averages? What average? His average ERA over the last 3 years? He's done.  Tomorrow will be last game you see Tim Wakefield pitch for the Boston Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield is overdue for a game of less than 2 homers and 5 runs. If he does better than this, he still should be kicked out of MLB. The guy is a 45 year old loser playing a young man's athletic game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

It's so strange, what happened?  They are the opposite of the team that played in July, yet are essentially the same team.  They need a win, for starters.  But I'm with you Carnie, they can turn this around, it can happen.  Ya gotta believe!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]It's so strange, what happened?  They are the opposite of the team that played in July, yet are essentially the same team.  They need a win, for starters.  But I'm with you Carnie, they can turn this around, it can happen.  Ya gotta believe!
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

But I'm with you Carnie, they can turn this around, it can happen. Ya gotta believe!

I'm with that 100%

anything can happen

but I don't get the 04 references

it might not feel this way

but you guys are the team that are up 2 games

yikes ;-)

as far as the   ''whiners and crybabies go''

I respect them for being here

and think they have earned that right

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You know what would be totally sick, the Rays and Angles having to have a one game play-off to decide the wild card while the Sox head home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]So the Red Sox have hit a tough stretch. Are they playing good baseball right now? No, of course not. But the question is, can they turn it around? IMO they can. First off, Lackey seems to be the kind of guy that gets motivates by people hating on him. Wakefield is due for a good game too. Our lineup is arguably as good as there is in MLB. It would be monumental for the Sox not to qualify for the postseason. They would almost have to lose out the rest of the season. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. Does anyone here remember 2004? So if you're crying the blues about the Red Sox this year, maybe you should do yourself a favor and go cheer for the Yankees.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

carnie you sound like your in denial. People have disliked Lackey since he was an Angle so please re-think what motivates him. Wake due for a good game? So what. Is not everyone due for a good game at some point? Its the 5 straight azz-kickings in between that keep us in trouble.

So Wake wins tomorrow, do we make the play-offs because of him or inspite of him? Same for Lackey, he could pitch a shut-out tomorrow and he still is one of the biggest detriments to the team.

As far as needing to lose out most of the season to miss the  play-offs (an near impossibility you claim).... well that is exactly what they are in the process of doing.

Denial.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This board is full of whiners and crybabies : carnie you sound like your in denial. People have disliked Lackey since he was an Angle so please re-think what motivates him. Wake due for a good game? So what. Is not everyone due for a good game at some point? Its the 5 straight azz-kickings in between that keep us in trouble. So Wake wins tomorrow, do we make the play-offs because of him or inspite of him? Same for Lackey, he could pitch a shut-out tomorrow and he still is one of the biggest detriments to the team. As far as needing to lose out most of the season to miss the  play-offs (an near impossibility you claim).... well that is exactly what they are in the process of doing. Denial.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]I actually agree with you Burrito. I hate seeing Wake and Lackey in the rotation. I'd love to see a Lackey for Zito or Lackey for Zambrano deal go down.. As far as Wake goes, he's a nice insurance policy, but he's not the guy you want to see going out to the hill every 5th day. That being sais, I think this team still has a shot and I'm not giving up until it's over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Of course sir. They need to win a game, they still hold the high ground. I am not going to bet against my team but I cannot deny they are atrocious.

Knowing baseball nobody should be surprised if either Lack or Wake pitches a great game tomorow. To expect both to win would be very very risky mentally as a fan.  Let's see what happens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Someone will have to make a big play for the Red Sox to change confidence level that is hovering over a team making choke mental mistakes and playing too tight expecting a poor outcome. It most certainly could happen. We will have to wait and see.

Only players can restore confidence by deeds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't care about whether I'm a whiner or complainer. This team has serious defensive flaws and their pitching is suffering because of those deficiancies! Scrubtaro stinks and they should have done everything in their power to get a SS at the deadline or bring up the next Ozzie Smith, Iglesias and put him in there. I saw it early in the season when everytime a ball would trickle just past the outstretched glove of Marco Scrubtaro,Lackey would cringe because even he knew that even though he got what he wanted a ground ball, Scrubby wouldn't get to it! The things I learned 50 years ago still hold true today pitching and defense wins ball games: team ERA for the month of September 6.90,total number of errors 29 in 24 days and those are only the official scorers version of the word error. I stopped counting all the little league plays at well past 30,throwing the ball all over the place,never hitting the cutoff man,droping routine flyballs, please quit it with the sympathy,this team stinks.Oh while I'm in the mood S krew you Tito! what a gutless piece of work,his guy gets cheated out of a double and he bends over and takes it where the sun doesn't shine and doesn't even get tossed,Aviles get jobbed by the umpire at first base twice in the same game and does timid Tippy say anything? Nope the dope is too busy spitting his seeds,I won't go into how many games he just sat in his dugout whiling away the time while his pitchers were being squeezed by the Umpires! This guy has absolutely no sack!!!!Did you see Maddon in the one game we won he got tossed for arguing balls and strikes! Did it pay off in that game? No but he got every call in the next one! FU Tito.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

carnie - it is an epic collapse so i think you need to chill on the attacks...but i sort of agree with you that it cant get much worse and eventually it will turn around...lets hope when it does its not too late

our playoffs started yesterday  we are down 0-1
    from now until the end of baseball season we simply need to play slightly better than .500

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Nah, I think they're all just fans since '04, and feel entitled to having the team challenge for the Series every year.

That said, this has been quite a month.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Eat this you Pink Hats = things will be better in Florida in March 2012.  Ponder Jon Choker Lester stats - just do not call him Big Game ever!

Jon Lester has allowed 16 earned runs on 21 hits and eight walks over 13.2 innings in his last three starts.

He was 3-0 with a 1.50 earned run average in his four starts prior to that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Carnie:  so let me get this straight.  Our team is in the end-stages of an epic collapse, we come on this board to voice our displeasure, and we're "whiners" and "crybabies?"  Really?  Oh, okay, I get it:  hey we couldn't win if the other team didn't show up - but hey, it's great to be a Sox fan isn't it?  Man, watching pitchers that can't pitch, hitters that can't situationally hit, and fielders who can't field sure is great times isn't it?  Man, can't wait until tomorrow when Lackey and Wake probably get the bejesus kicked out of them.  Geez, fun times for all New England.  We may not make the playoffs, and if we do and keep playing this poorly we'll get killed, but no worries.  Life will still be chock full of rainbows, unicorns, and wagging puppy-dog tails.

Sound better?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Lackey motivated???, have you watched this guy on the mound, not sure if he is mad when they take him out of a game, or mad they did not take him an inning or two before,as for Wakefield, how many months has he been due.         I refer  you to an old saying "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Anybody impressed with the way this team has played ? I am not, that is why people gripe.

Sections
Shortcuts