This Fat Cat Ace was CLUTCH tonight.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This Fat Cat Ace was CLUTCH tonight.....

Props. Post 'em here.....

Once again its time......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: This Fat Cat Ace was CLUTCH tonight.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Props to the Fat Cat Serviceable #3 or #4!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

8K's, no walks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I didn't get to see the game tonight but I was following it on my phone.  I was taking in a AA game in New Britain tonight.  The Sea dogs were in town and Sox Nation dominated the visitor side....everyone was calling out the score and Lesters stats during the game.  Looks like he was striking guys out and not walking anyone, definitely a very encouragin sign.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Just grateful he wasn't horrible again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In e to soxnewmex's comment:

He pitched far better then just "not being horrible". He rose up and pitched pretty darn well in an important game (something many have criticized him for not being able to do). 7 in 8k an 0b speaks for itself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I didn't get to see the game tonight but I was following it on my phone.  I was taking in a AA game in New Britain tonight.  The Sea dogs were in town and Sox Nation dominated the visitor side....everyone was calling out the score and Lesters stats during the game.  Looks like he was striking guys out and not walking anyone, definitely a very encouragin sign.

I did watch the game and what I saw was the Jon Lester circa 2004-05 (before he fell in love with the cutter). He threw all of his pitches to include some nasty breaking ball to the lefties and pitched with his four seamer up in the zone, topping out at 95 on a few occasions. I don't have the stats at the ready. I would venture to guess he threw less cutters and more four seam fastballs and cureballs tonight than he has in any start the last two or three years. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

I did watch the game and what I saw was the Jon Lester circa 2004-05 (before he fell in love with the cutter). He threw all of his pitches to include some nasty breaking ball to the lefties and pitched with his four seamer up in the zone, topping out at 95 on a few occasions. I don't have the stats at the ready. I would venture to guess he threw less cutters and more four seam fastballs and cureballs tonight than he has in any start the last two or three years. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Lester was very impressive last night.

The 0 walks is what I like.

The Rays hit a couple of mistakes out, but you have to give Myers props for jumping on the first pitch FB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lester said after the game he has changed his approach by not over-relying on his favorite pitch, the cutter. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Lester said after the game he has changed his approach by not over-relying on his favorite pitch, the cutter. 

Hopefully, last night's start will give him some confidence in his other pitches.

Lester returning to the level of performance he showed in April, would be a real shot in the arm for the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He threw his cutter earlier in the counts instead of 0-2, just to remind hitters he had it. Hes used his change up a lot lately and his curveball has been working really good for him lately as well, where it wasnt earlier on this year. He knows hes had to make adjustments, and has done just that. Hes moved his position on the rubber, held his glove lower giving him better balance, moved off the cutter and mixing pitches up better altogether.

3 of last 4 are QS. Hes def trending in the right direction. I still havent given up on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Hopefully, last night's start will give him some confidence in his other pitches.

Lester returning to the level of performance he showed in April, would be a real shot in the arm for the Sox.

Agree.  He was awesome last night.  Hopefully, he can continue to pitch like this for the remainder of the season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

that's for sure max. he had one helluva breaking ball working last night man. his one mistake to me wasn't a mistake. that kid was looking fastball first pitch and he got it. other than that Jon was the old jon. what a great time to get his mental confidence back on track. still couldn't get a smile though when he came off the field to that standing o.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Once again its time.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

His last 5 starts all in July 31 inn, 28 H, 11R, 31K's. Lately he's been far from horrible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

I loved Lester today, and he's been pretty good recently...not liking the fat headed pseudofans

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to croc2's comment:

I loved Lester today, and he's been pretty good recently...not liking the fat headed pseudofans

I think you better learn who everybody is and what theyre all about before you post. That is, if you arent pike's latest incarnation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

I've only been here since 2006, but thanks...just lost my pw on the new computer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Props to the Fat Cat Serviceable #3 or #4!

Better results lately for sure. Lets see how he does over the next six games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I've only been here since 2006, but thanks...just lost my pw on the new computer.

Same guy on old decrepit barely functional computer...I've seen posters who said Papi was "dead" early 2009 when he got off to a poor start.  Papelbon "sucked" in 2010 (and now subsequently doesn't). 

I know what Lester is that is a Pony a guy who for part of the year can be an Ace, just not the whole thing.  I'll take his down turn in the middle and hope he does well the second half, esp October as he did in 2007.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to croc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Same guy on old decrepit barely functional computer...I've seen posters who said Papi was "dead" early 2009 when he got off to a poor start.  Papelbon "sucked" in 2010 (and now subsequently doesn't). 

I know what Lester is that is a Pony a guy who for part of the year can be an Ace, just not the whole thing.  I'll take his down turn in the middle and hope he does well the second half, esp October as he did in 2007.

[/QUOTE]

Good to see you back, croc. 1 or 2Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

Thanks J-NAY...and of course Lester was not a major part of the rotation until 2008.

I don't disagree with him being a #3 overall, btw.  That's still not a bad pitcher.

Sections
Shortcuts