1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

This Forum I resign and have no intentions of coming back

This forum used to be about Red Sox baseball. That forum has gone the way of the dinosaurs extinct.

There are far too many here that

just call people names---pay no attention to facts---only use facts that work for their theory

I love my Red Sox but this forum has become ruined by posters who are more about making degrading remarks about other posters. We all have seen some make very good comments only to be called an idiot, rube, moron, etc...

For 4 years it was fun coming here this past year has been very disappointing.I do not see it getting better and I fully understand why many great posters have left.

I have always tried to stay on topic and tried not always succeeded to not do any name calling. Sorry if I did call you a name it will not happen again.

BDC Dottie this forum has been in the gutter for awhile. I am out of here for the forseeable future.

It is no longer fun coming here talking RS and baseball

Good Night and Good Bye

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: This Forum I resign and have no intentions of coming back

Bye Jim. Sorry you feel this way, but things have gone downhill fast around here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

This forum used to be about Red Sox baseball. That forum has gone the way of the dinosaurs extinct.

just call people names---pay no attention to facts---only use facts that work for their theory

I love my Red Sox but this forum has become ruined by posters who are more about making degrading remarks about other posters. We all have seen some make very good comments only to be called an idiot, rube, moron, etc...

For 4 years it was fun coming here this past year has been very disappointing.I do not see it getting better and I fully understand why many great posters have left.

I have always tried to stay on topic and tried not always succeeded to not do any name calling. Sorry if I did call you a name it will not happen again.

BDC Dottie this forum has been in the gutter for awhile. I am out of here for the forseeable future.

Good Night and Good Bye

I'm coming back on Jim and you're going off?  Something is wrong about this.  I totally agree that personal attacks have no place here or on any other board.  However, when someone gets personal with you sometimes you have to retaliate while others on the board have to let the person who started it to knock it off and fast.  OTOH, I have also seen that when posters knock players or front office personnel they get attacked for that too.  That to be is bogus.  Posters being attack should be off limits, but the team, its players and the front office, it should be open season on them if they are found to be wanting.  Sorry you are leaving.  I've always liked reading your posts when I post here from time to time.  I used to be a regular here until mid-2008 when the format changed and there was no way to know directly if someone answered directly to your post.  Reconsider Jim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Good Night and Good Bye

I know how you feel but don't abandon those of us who like good baseball talk. We can't afford to lose a poster like you.

Just do what I do -- avoid the troublemakers and just participate where there's a good discussion goin on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Good Night and Good Bye

I rarely post during the season here, Jim, because if this team loses two games in a row, the whiners and "I told you so" posters are out in full force.  There are way more people who are more concerned about being "right" about the players on and off the roster than they are about rooting for the team on the field.  Best of luck to you...I'm with you...Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good Night and Good Bye

Jim,

I will miss you.

Your sign off line on a previous edition of this forum said it all.

Win, lose, 1st or last  - It's loving the Sox that matters.

Enjoy our team, friend.

I do understand your feelings about the negativity and the maroonishness ...

Hope you make it back from time to time.

I've been just too busy to be an active part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Good Night and Good Bye

Hi Jim, 

I have to agree in all aspects of your email so for the same reasons I'm bugging out of the forum. The trolls as I've named them as well as the negative BOO BIRDS have taken over this forum to the point where there is constant name calling of players and other posters who the trollls disagree with. I do find myself name calling on ocassion in defense of RS players and sometimes in jest. Too many posters on this forum form opinions based on their predudice or plain out hatred for certain players while showing a complete lack of knowledge of the game itself. I'm sick of it and will not participate in this charade of a forum on BDC any longer. 

I'm tired of the reactionary nature of many members as well who are ready to dump player or players based on salary and not on the field performance, dump om players who may be in a temporary slump, etc. 

Goodbye to all of my true freinds on this board.

Hetchinspete

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Give me a break... Jim spends 100% of his time on the forum attacking the people he disdains...  it isn' like he comes here to talk positively. He gets off on fighting with and attacking other posters... who cares if he is a lover or basher of the team.

WesternOregon, JimDavis, are waiting for you JimfromFlorida.

Jim may or may not do so but even so I still agree with the points he makes and will still refrain from taking part in this negative charade of a forum from here on in. 

Hetch

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I could be wrong here, but JFF seemed like he was mostly always complaining. Grumpy Old Men are not missed too much. Now, if 5KATZ would come back, that would be a BLOCKBUSTER TRADE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Give me a break... Jim spends 100% of his time on the forum attacking the people he disdains...  it isn' like he comes here to talk positively. He gets off on fighting with and attacking other posters... who cares if he is a lover or basher of the team.

Was thinking the same thing T

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I went after people who used used one or two numbers to support their theory and disregarded the rest. I went after those who used last nights game as support for a guy to be DFAd. I went after guys who used a theory to dump a guy they hated but used the opposite theory for the guy they loved. like Pedroia vs Ells there has been talk of Ells lack of power but none on Dustin. One is liked the other is not. Please do not go with Average as the threads were when both were hitting 300.
    There are sacred cows on the RS Pedroia is currently the RS sacred cow. Ortiz used to be one.

Yes you are right I went after some posters but it was always the ones who were full of sh1t and were only here to beat up on other posters and players. The same ones that would never answer facts and continue to use BS to support their claims. Yes I did "attack" with facts not just my opinion and I always apologized when I was wrong. I never ran away and started another thread on a similar subject. I always stood for what I said

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I went after people who used used one or two numbers to support their theory and disregarded the rest. I went after those who used last nights game as support for a guy to be DFAd. I went after guys who used a theory to dump a guy they hated but used the opposite theory for the guy they loved. like Pedroia vs Ells there has been talk of Ells lack of power but none on Dustin. One is liked the other is not. Please do not go with Average as the threads were when both were hitting 300.
    There are sacred cows on the RS Pedroia is currently the RS sacred cow. Ortiz used to be one.

Yes you are right I went after some posters but it was always the ones who were full of sh1t and were only here to beat up on other posters and players. The same ones that would never answer facts and continue to use BS to support their claims. Yes I did "attack" with facts not just my opinion and I always apologized when I was wrong. I never ran away and started another thread on a similar subject. I always stood for what I said

Sooooooo.........not goodbye?  Or goodbye as long as people do not attack you on the thread that you started that was bashing this current forum?  Great.....now I'm confused.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Good Night and Good Bye

jIM, You need to reconsider ...... Please join SOFTY & BILL-806 in holding this board together !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Was thinking the same thing T

LOL,

You nailed it T.  Just like you and b-p those were the two names that come to mind every time this poster spews his reverse pivot posts.  Look for a new version of Jim coming to a board near you soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

sorry to see you go Jim. We go back a long time to the old boston herald forum days. I'll miss you man. People like you and Yoshimi in my opinion brought alot of knowledge and dignity to this forum. I'm thinking about taking a break myself. what makes me chuckle the most is that the trolls that constantly patrol this forum with their insults and put downs are so called red sox fans.

best of luck my friend.

Hammah

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is just an online baseball forum.  It's not like we all live in the same house fighting over who gets to use the bathroom.  

I do not take any personal attacks on me seriously and all of you should not either.  

Like the Joker would say, "Why so serious?"   Wink 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

This is just an online baseball forum.  It's not like we all live in the same house fighting over who gets to use the bathroom.  

I do not take any personal attacks on me seriously and all of you should not either.  

The only reason you stick around  is for the occasional Upton sighting....

http://www.kate-upton.com/wp-content/gallery/casting-by-premiere-at-the-new-york-film-fest-october-12-2012/kate-upton-12oct12-014.JPG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

THANK YOU ThefourBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Laughing Cool Wink

I would show her my Green MonSTAH!!!   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Good Night and Good Bye

Hi Jim, 

I have to agree in all aspects of your email so for the same reasons I'm bugging out of the forum. The trolls as I've named them as well as the negative BOO BIRDS have taken over this forum to the point where there is constant name calling of players and other posters who the trollls disagree with. I do find myself name calling on ocassion in defense of RS players and sometimes in jest. Too many posters on this forum form opinions based on their predudice or plain out hatred for certain players while showing a complete lack of knowledge of the game itself. I'm sick of it and will not participate in this charade of a forum on BDC any longer. 

I'm tired of the reactionary nature of many members as well who are ready to dump player or players based on salary and not on the field performance, dump om players who may be in a temporary slump, etc. 

Goodbye to all of my true freinds on this board.

Hetchinspete

hetch, youre one of my faves...a class act - you should stay...Jim not so much and he certainly does his share of name calling but still he is a valued poster and i urge him to stay as well

the board needs diversity

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I haven't posted on the Sox board since the first few games of the year. And I while I respect Jim's feelings, I have to think that if you have to post that the forum has gone the gutter route, it's again a me-me attitude, woe is me way of thinking. Post, don't post, cry, don't cry. People have been taking things personally on this board for years, and others have gone the bonkers route, simply becoming a devil's advocate because they know it annoys everyone else, or they claim they are geniuses because it's the opposite of what a moon says. Or they police the room, which is rubber-room time for those posters. Making it a personal point to say you are leaving the Sox board is unfortunately another reason why the board has sucked for years. If you want to talk baseball, then do it. Don't cry about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

THANK YOU ThefourBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Laughing Cool Wink

I would show her my Green MonSTAH!!!   LOL

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

The only reason you stick around  is for the occasional Upton sighting....

http://www.kate-upton.com/wp-content/gallery/casting-by-premiere-at-the-new-york-film-fest-october-12-2012/kate-upton-12oct12-014.JPG

OMG! GAAAK! (Hammah grabs chest and falls flat on his face) Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I haven't posted on the Sox board since the first few games of the year. And I while I respect Jim's feelings, I have to think that if you have to post that the forum has gone the gutter route, it's again a me-me attitude, woe is me way of thinking. Post, don't post, cry, don't cry. People have been taking things personally on this board for years, and others have gone the bonkers route, simply becoming a devil's advocate because they know it annoys everyone else, or they claim they are geniuses because it's the opposite of what a moon says. Or they police the room, which is rubber-room time for those posters. Making it a personal point to say you are leaving the Sox board is unfortunately another reason why the board has sucked for years. If you want to talk baseball, then do it. Don't cry about it.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts