1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: This Forum I resign and have no intentions of coming back

In response to PikeJr's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I have found that the ignore button cures a lot.   I think I've got three on it now.

What I find satisfying about the ignore is that you can see that they're posting on a thread, yet all that comes up is "you've chosen to ignore this person".  When it's seen that the irritant is bothering another poster, it's easy to make a remark in one direction knowing you won't see a response.  This in itself is schadenfreude.

Name calling has no business on the board....none.  It's like calling someone a idiot because they don't believe in what you believe in.  My liberal buddy who lives across the street and I are always going at each other politically, yet NEVER an insulting word.  And, we always end up laughing about our differences over a beer or glass of iced tea, or having him and his wife over for dinner etc.

Life is too short to let insignificance interfere.  Yet, I can undestand someone taking a hiatus for a bit.  Everyone here probably has at one time or another.

Name calling is usually wrong but I think that it is entirely legitimate to ask someone who never has acted like a Red Sox fan, if he is indeed a Red Sox fan. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck then it must be a duck.

If posters want to come here and play games and annoy others for their entertainment then we should do more than merely putting them onto ignore.

If someone walked into your VFW and started bad-mouthing everything about the USA and the military, would you tune him out ( Ignore) or would you show him the door?

If you think its ok to start a thread to call out a certain poster which is going to start a bunch of drama instead of simply hitting the ignore button then you are just asking for trouble. Thats exactly what this thread did. Whether you agree with him or not, He did nothing wrong.

Your last paragraph makes no sense since slasher didnt walk into Jims house and say what he did. He expressed his opinion on a forum which is here for just that. If you cant handle the way certain posters express themselves then ignore them. There no need to single someone out here and start a thread about them, unless you like the drama.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I have found that the ignore button cures a lot.   I think I've got three on it now.

What I find satisfying about the ignore is that you can see that they're posting on a thread, yet all that comes up is "you've chosen to ignore this person".  When it's seen that the irritant is bothering another poster, it's easy to make a remark in one direction knowing you won't see a response.  This in itself is schadenfreude.

Name calling has no business on the board....none.  It's like calling someone a idiot because they don't believe in what you believe in.  My liberal buddy who lives across the street and I are always going at each other politically, yet NEVER an insulting word.  And, we always end up laughing about our differences over a beer or glass of iced tea, or having him and his wife over for dinner etc.

Life is too short to let insignificance interfere.  Yet, I can undestand someone taking a hiatus for a bit.  Everyone here probably has at one time or another.

Name calling is usually wrong but I think that it is entirely legitimate to ask someone who never has acted like a Red Sox fan, if he is indeed a Red Sox fan. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck then it must be a duck.

If posters want to come here and play games and annoy others for their entertainment then we should do more than merely putting them onto ignore.

If someone walked into your VFW and started bad-mouthing everything about the USA and the military, would you tune him out ( Ignore) or would you show him the door?

This is the internet....cowards can hide behind keyboards.

If someone walked into the VFW and started bad-mouthing, he wouldn't last long.  Of course, that is in the real word.  This isn't.  It's why the threads are infested with trolls and cowards..they can get away with it.

So, because the cowards on the internet can babble on indefinitely, the only logical response is to put them on ignore because, like herpes, they'd never go away.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Jim, I do enjoy your posts but I try to see both sides. Slasher also said he hopes the sox score 10 runs. Which means he wants the Sox to win. Some fans arent going to like a player, but I think calling into question that someone isnt a fan and making a thread about it is a little overboard if you ask me. Thats all Im saying.

I still believe saying you want a player to fail is wrong especially one on your team

You implying that me and softy are the same poster is ridiculous, but hey, you believe what ever you want if it helps you sleep at night. Oh, and Ive eaten crow many a time on here and have no issue with being wrong or corrected about something.

Not implying sorry if it came across that way. Was morew towards Softy and his many faces here.

The reference about 

"south, I agree. He never posted frequently, but I knew his prose. He's been here and posted. If you don't post often it's easy to forget username and or password."

was about a poster named 5katz, not you.
    The way I read it it seemed to be about me my mistake

In closing, I dont want you to go anywhere and I encourage you to put certain posters on ignore if you dont like their approach or what they say, instead of calling them out and starting a s**t storm by creating a thread on it. Thats just unnecessary drama. Just hit the ignore button. I hope we can move forward now with no hard feelings. There are none coming from me. Like ive said, I enjoy reading your posts and talking baseball with you.

The whole issue is about this being a RS forum and how some are just out to prove their theories. That they hate certain players and never give credit where due. Like Lackey suked big time but so far this year has been what IMHO we hoped for 3 yrs ago. I also want people to look at the whole picture just not  one game.

Also will say that the comment about wishing Lackey failed and had 8 runs a game against him, despite the quantifier later on just pissed me off. That just said to me as long as the guy I hate fails and they win I'm good pissed me off. Mainly because it seems that he is not the only one here that feels that way. I will say that some just wish for Ells to suk just so they can say I'm right and Ells is not the only one they hope fails.

By no means am I saying follow blindly but I'm saying don't hate blindly as well

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Jim, I do enjoy your posts but I try to see both sides. Slasher also said he hopes the sox score 10 runs. Which means he wants the Sox to win. Some fans arent going to like a player, but I think calling into question that someone isnt a fan and making a thread about it is a little overboard if you ask me. Thats all Im saying.

I still believe saying you want a player to fail is wrong especially one on your team

You implying that me and softy are the same poster is ridiculous, but hey, you believe what ever you want if it helps you sleep at night. Oh, and Ive eaten crow many a time on here and have no issue with being wrong or corrected about something.

Not implying sorry if it came across that way. Was morew towards Softy and his many faces here.

The reference about 

"south, I agree. He never posted frequently, but I knew his prose. He's been here and posted. If you don't post often it's easy to forget username and or password."

In closing, I dont want you to go anywhere and I encourage you to put certain posters on ignore if you dont like their approach or what they say, instead of calling them out and starting a s**t storm by creating a thread on it. Thats just unnecessary drama. Just hit the ignore button. I hope we can move forward now with no hard feelings. There are none coming from me. Like ive said, I enjoy reading your posts and talking baseball with you.

The whole issue is about this being a RS forum and how some are just out to prove their theories. That they hate certain players and never give credit where due. Like Lackey suked big time but so far this year has been what IMHO we hoped for 3 yrs ago. I also want people to look at the whole picture just not  one game.

Also will say that the comment about wishing Lackey failed and had 8 runs a game against him, despite the quantifier later on just pissed me off. That just said to me as long as the guy I hate fails and they win I'm good pissed me off. Mainly because it seems that he is not the only one here that feels that way. I will say that some just wish for Ells to suk just so they can say I'm right and Ells is not the only one they hope fails.

By no means am I saying follow blindly but I'm saying don't hate blindly as well

[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration and its hard sometimes to not respond, but your above making threads about someone Jim. Unfortunately on forums like this your going to have to deal with personalities you dont like or agree with. I was serious when I said I enjoy your posts and hope you stay here. So were cool?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

If someone walked into the VFW and started bad-mouthing, he wouldn't last long.  Of course, that is in the real word.  This isn't.  It's why the threads are infested with trolls and cowards..they can get away with it.

So, because the cowards on the internet can babble on indefinitely, the only logical response is to put them on ignore because, like herpes, they'd never go away.

I agree with you. Put them onto ignore but they still show up on your monitor because others take the bait or are gullible enough to take them seriously and use the "Reply to" key. A good example is your friend Softlaw who baits Sox fans all of the time. It is his passion and obsession. If you put Softlaw onto Ignore, you would still see most of his posts. The ignore key is no solution.

Pike shoulld be banned

he was last night, but emerged again tonight....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I agree with you. Put them onto ignore but they still show up on your monitor because others take the bait or are gullible enough to take them seriously and use the "Reply to" key. A good example is your friend Softlaw who baits Sox fans all of the time. It is his passion and obsession. If you put Softlaw onto Ignore, you would still see most of his posts. The ignore key is no solution.

I agree with Softlaw politically, but in my opinion, he goes over-board and sometimes initiates the political controversy.  This is not the forum for that. Please leave it at that?

I don't agree with his constant bashing of Wakefield et.al. and also his inability to compromise on ideas.  Yet, I think he's very intelligent and articulate.  But the bashing and name-calling is constant and unnecessary. Although lately, I must admit that he's backed off. 

You're right about the ignore button, but have found that it helps considerably because most posters won't take the bait.  Hence, less irritating garbage to read.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The reference about 

I understand your frustration and its hard sometimes to not respond, but your above making threads about someone Jim. Unfortunately on forums like this your going to have to deal with personalities you dont like or agree with. I was serious when I said I enjoy your posts and hope you stay here. So were cool?

[/QUOTE]

im thinking Jim is Pike...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

The reference about 

im thinking Jim is Pike...

[/QUOTE]

Stop thinking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The reference about 

[/QUOTE]

We are good

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Jim is good with SouthPaws advice which is to use the Ignore feature but in reality that doesn't work when the gullible and enablers use the Respond feature since you can still see the garbage on your monitor.  Note that Southpaw doesn't have Conan or MrYazz on ignore.

The only solution is for everyone to use the Ignore feature or have more moderators. BDC is doing a fine job with their moderators but they need more of them. Talksox took a month to realize that Pumpsie was a troll and banned him as well as others. Hope it happens here.

I obviously dont have you on ignore either. So whats your point?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

The reference about 

[/QUOTE]
    Hey Jim.  Why didn't you simply read the post I had made right after the one you quote here and on the other thread?  It was on the same page as the one you chosetip point out and only a few posts down:

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

lackey is abhorable.

i pray he gives up 8 earned everytime out.

his contract is slightly behind arod and pujols for WOAT.

Then you are not a Sox fan because if he gives up 8 runs the Sox are going to lose.  Why don't you just support him and the team.  The guy has a good attitude this year, is in shape and he is coming off TJ surgery.  He will be better and better as the months go by.  He is certainly as good or better than Doubrant or any other possible option.

sorry.  usually i add "and the red sox score 10 in the late innings and come away with the W".

my magic wand stat sheet for lackey:  0-0 18.99era

and for the record...my disdain for him isnt because of his time with the RS....it goes back to my hatred for the California/Anaheim/LA Angels Lackey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Btw - I despised Jose canseco while he wore my uniform too.  Guess that makes me an even worse sox fan, huh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"jIM, You need to reconsider ...... Please join SOFTY & BILL-806 in holding this board together !!!!!!"

LOL - the two of you are two of the biggest name callers on this board, whether it's making fun of a poster's political beliefs and calling them moonbats or calling a player a name like "Fatcat". If you're holding this thing together we'll sink within days, your argument has sprung a leak. 

Jim totally understood, unfortunately this board is only vaguely moderated now so it's anything goes. You may want to give Talk Sox a shot. You and Hetchins Pete are good posters so don't feel like you have to keep your word, If you do come back, you will be welcomed...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.