This home stand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This home stand

Toronto is showing signs of slippage. We have seven games against the mediocre Indians and Twins. It is imperative that we have a good home stand. Cannot continue to play losing baseball against these opponents. After this, we have a tough nine game road trip. Play better baseball now or it could be all but over by the Fourth of July.   Please feel free to voice your dissent.

Stabbed by Foulke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: This home stand

I agree but the Sox have lost 5 out of 6 between the 2 teams. This season isn't any prettier losing 7 of 9 on the past road trip and only scoring 1 run in 27 innings against the Orioles. who were basically just man handled by the A's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I'm predicting 3-4 during this home stand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Toronto is showing signs of slippage. We have seven games against the mediocre Indians and Twins. It is imperative that we have a good home stand. Cannot continue to play losing baseball against these opponents. After this, we have a tough nine game road trip. Play better baseball now or it could be all but over by the Fourth of July.   Please feel free to voice your dissent.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sit down for this Dgale:

I agree.

This homestand is big.

If the offense doesn't start to show some signs of life, it could very well be over by the 4th.

I do think there is hope.

If it were the pitching that was the problem, I'd say it was over now, but the roster has demonstrated an ability to hit in the past.

Having Napoli back and getting Victorino back, (if he can stay on the field) should help a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Consider my vote of dissent cast loud and clear.

To call the Indians and Twins "mediocre" in comparison to the Red Sox is delusional to say the least; especially since both teams wiped their butts with us.

You do realize that there isn't a team in all of baseball who isn't looking at their schedules right now and saying "good, then we play Boston.  That's 3 wins right there and if it isn't then we've failed."  INCLUDING THE HOUSTON ASTROS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

To call the Indians and Twins "mediocre" in comparison to the Red Sox is delusional to say the least; especially since both teams wipes their butts with us.

You do realize that there isn't a team in all of baseball who isn't looking at their schedules right now and saying "good, then we play Boston.  That's 3 wins right there and if it isn't then we've failed."  INCLUDING THE HOUSTON ASTROS.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]      I don't think that is the case at all.  We have a better team than Cleveland and Minny. I think most teams are wondering if we are going to snap out of this before it is too late. I doubt that anyone is feeling over confident.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The next road trip will be brutal, considering they're playing Oakland Seattle and NY.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble ..But .....Sox are below mediocre . Maybe Indians and Twins are happy they get to play Sox. The Sox needed to play better ball coming out of Spring Training. Your right about could be all over ,but it might be now that it's happening. Ben still has a big head from last years lucky team .

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sit down for this Dgale:

I agree.

This homestand is big.

If the offense doesn't start to show some signs of life, it could very well be over by the 4th.

I do think there is hope.

If it were the pitching that was the problem, I'd say it was over now, but the roster has demonstrated an ability to hit in the past.

Having Napoli back and getting Victorino back, (if he can stay on the field) should help a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Getting Napoli and Victorino back should help a lot ??? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

To call the Indians and Twins "mediocre" in comparison to the Red Sox is delusional to say the least; especially since both teams wipes their butts with us.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]      I don't think that is the case at all.  We have a better team than Cleveland and Minny. I think most teams are wondering if we are going to snap out of this before it is too late. I doubt that anyone is feeling over confident.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that's a delusional statement that we have a better team than Cleveland and Minny.  I don't fault you; you're a good fan.  You're optimistic.  But you'll find out soon enough.  You'll see.  Team are licking their chops.  They want to beat the recent WSC and the recent WSC are an easy few W's for them too.  I am not saying "SELL" yet but ask me again on Monday morning......

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]  I'm not usually known as being overly optimistic. But I'll put you down as saying that it's all over already. I would like to wait at least two or three more weeks. What I am saying is that this is an important seven game home stand against very beatable teams. This club needs a boost before the difficult road trip ahead. If it doesn't happen, then it could very well be all over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that's a delusional statement that we have a better team than Cleveland and Minny.  I don't fault you; you're a good fan.  You're optimistic.  But you'll find out soon enough.  You'll see.  Team are licking their chops.  They want to beat the recent WSC and the recent WSC are an easy few W's for them too.  I am not saying "SELL" yet but ask me again on Monday morning......

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]  I'm not usually known as being overly optimistic. But I'll put you down as saying that it's all over already. I would like to wait at least two or three more weeks. What I am saying is that this is an important seven game home stand against very beatable teams. This club needs a boost before the difficult road trip ahead. If it doesn't happen, then it could very well be all over.

[/QUOTE]

no, i said ask me again Monday morning if it's over already.  in the meantime, i wouldn't be calling the Indians and Twins mediocre teams......if they are mediocre then they Sox are the 62 Mets........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least you admit you're not, andrew. For the record, I agree with gale, who is a realist

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston may have a little motivation when they face Clev and Minn due they took the series against boston.   

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least you admit you're not, andrew. For the record, I agree with gale, who is a realist

[/QUOTE]

A realist would realize that Cleveland and Minny are the better teams.  But at least he's not JBay and think the Sox are going to completely turn things around go off on some historic run today.  Or is that tomorrow?  Or next week?  Or after the All Star Break?  Yup.  Very realistic indeed........

[/QUOTE]

Not that I ever said that, andrew but hope springs eternal. Otherwise, why bother to watch? Is it for the love of the team or just if they win? It's the name of game, but if you can't enjoy the ride, don't take it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Motivation has no real place in baseball.  This is not a game of emotion, and even when it is, one has to control that emotion.  Trying too hard can yield just as bad results as not trying.

If momentum is as good as the next day's starting pitcher, then motivation is not too far behind in that regard. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston may have a little motivation when they face Clev and Minn due they took the series against boston.   

[/QUOTE]

So did they not have the same motivation against Detroit?

[/QUOTE]

to start the series, the red sox started the series by using a rookie pitcher.  Then Lester pitched his worst game of the year, and also Boston won the last game by making a comeback

But really, Detriot have more motivation than Boston for the whole time when Boston knocked them out of the playoff.  So therefore they were more hungry for both home to home series!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I do consider myself a realist. The Indians and Twins have slightly better records than the Sox at this point. Looking at the rosters, the Sox have the better team. Obviously, they still have to prove it,  but just having a slightly better record at present does not make them the better team. I am not going to tell you that the Sox have a better team than Detroit. They do have a better team than Cleveland or Minnesota. That is not a delusional statement. It is something most people in baseball would agree with. I realize that , ultimately, the scoreboard tells the tale. In the end, you are what your record says you are. All I am saying here is that this is a very important home stand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A realist would realize that Cleveland and Minny are the better teams.  But at least he's not JBay and think the Sox are going to completely turn things around go off on some historic run today.  Or is that tomorrow?  Or next week?  Or after the All Star Break?  Yup.  Very realistic indeed........

[/QUOTE]

Not that I ever said that, andrew but hope springs eternal. Otherwise, why bother to watch? Is it for the love of the team or just if they win? It's the name of game, but if you can't enjoy the ride, don't take it

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm enjoying the ride

Hope is great for next year

I love the game - I am not sure what the Red Sox are doing is playing baseball though

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

I do consider myself a realist. The Indians and Twins have slightly better records than the Sox at this point. Looking at the rosters, the Sox have the better team. Obviously, they still have to prove it,  but just having a slightly better record at present does not make them the better team. I am not going to tell you that the Sox have a better team than Detroit. They do have a better team than Cleveland or Minnesota. That is not a delusional statement. It is something most people in baseball would agree with. I realize that , ultimately, the scoreboard tells the tale. In the end, you are what your record says you are. All I am saying here is that this is a very important home stand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

every home stand is important

after we get crushed this home stand you'll say "this series is critical"

not only is this weekend critical but Big Ben needs to do more than Torres

otherwise, I'll be declaring the season over on Monday

up to them now, not me

Sections
Shortcuts