This is a different Buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This is a different Buchholz

This one is gritty.  Last night's first inning was horrible--36 pitches--but could have been a disaster and was not.  He started the 6th inning with over 100 pitches thrown and still got through it with no runs.  On a bad night he still did 6 innings giving up 4 runs.  And right now he averages more than 7 innings per start.  I continue to believe bringing back Farrell, who brought a new pitching coach, has helped the pitching staff.  Buchholz is doing all the work, of course, but the coaching helps. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: This is a different Buchholz

He didnt have his best stuff last night and fought to give the team 6IP. Hes entering his prime at age 28 and has matured a lot. If he stays healthy, he has a chance for 20 wins.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah.  I hate to be so ephemoral, but, you can see it in his eyes.  He has a mean look now, a grizzled vet focus.  I loved the way he knuckled down last night.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yeah.  I hate to be so ephemoral, but, you can see it in his eyes.  He has a mean look now, a grizzled vet focus.  I loved the way he knuckled down last night.  

Gotta give credit for Nieves going out there and waking him up.

He was reverting back to the Buchholz of last year, before that.