THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!

Your Tito, and you just lost today's game to the lowly Orioles. You are now 1 1/2 game up on the wildcard. 

What type of motivational speech or tactic would you do to jump-start the team?

Suggestion: Have the team watch Moneyball Preview?

Thoughts 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from .The~~Babe.. Show .The~~Babe.'s posts

Re: THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!

In Response to THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!:
    [QUOTE]Your Tito, and you just lost today's game to the lowly Orioles. You are now 1 1/2 game up on the wildcard.  What type of motivational speech or tactic would you do to jump-start the team? Suggestion: Have the team watch Moneyball Preview? Thoughts 

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Yup, because a movie about a team that never won anything is so motivating......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

call in BB ..........Hoodie to the rescue!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hey guys, we only have 10 games left in the season, let's get together and set up a golf-cribbage tournament starting the day after the last regular season game? To heck, with competing for a playoff spot, let's have fun and be buddies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I'm going to take a wild guess about tonights game.

The Red Sox win by a score of 13 to 6. 

The starting pitcher for Baltimore has an ERA that is actually higher than Lackey's.  The orioles used 5 pitchers out of their BP in Game 1, so I'm guessing they got to stay with their starter regardless of how bad he pitches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

DirtyWater.......way things are going ......he probably pitches a no hitter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pin this on the locker room wall:

www.thesunchronicle.com/content/articles/2011/09/19/news/10204710.jpg" alt="" width="400" height="266" />

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WHAT WOULD DAD SAY ????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Bring back Spike Owen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

NO WAY...lmao...this collection of true blue looZars will fold like the empty cheap suits they are...and they will pull a double doozy

C-H-O-K-E !!!!

The Sons of Tito will pull a Mama Cass Elliot and choke on a chicken sandwich and GAGGGGGGGGGG their way out of the playoffs...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!:
    [QUOTE]  WHAT WOULD DAD SAY ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

MY HOUSE...MY RULES!           .........THAT'S WHAT DAD WOULD SAY BILL

Time for the Sox to man up and start saying "THIS IS OUR HOUSE! NOBODY PUSHES US AROUND IN OUR HOUSE!"

....but can they do that?      

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kurt-russell-as-herb-brooks-and-4-year-old-miracle-speech-kid.jpg" alt="" />

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bring back Dave Henderson too, 7,000 times the clutch player than CC or Drew or anyone else the Sox have on the reserve roster. CC is on the reserve roster as his neck stiffened watching Darnell do his job for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

[QUOTE]Your Tito, and you just lost today's game to the lowly Orioles. You are now 1 1/2 game up on the wildcard.  What type of motivational speech or tactic would you do to jump-start the team? Suggestion: Have the team watch Moneyball Preview? Thoughts 
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Not much to say to a dumb post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Get used to CC, 6 more disgusting years. We get rid of JD useless, now we have this  money pit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd tell them that if they blow this, they will be talked about for the next 20 years.  Bill Buckner's life was made miserable for 20 years, and it wasn't altogether his fault.  If they blow this one, they will be compared to the 2004 NYY forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Ask if any of the position players can pitch...cause the pitchers they have clearly can't.  the problem they have is all about starting pitching.  Could they actually play a game where they aren't losing 3 or 4 to nothing right out of the gate??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]
    Ummm... Ahhhh. we are playing for the long run... and that is why I gave up 5-6 wins earlier, so that we would be fat dumb and happy now.....  UM UHHHH.... well if we didn't play to lose earlier in the year, maybe we would have had more injuries earlier.....  Ummmmm Uhhhhhhh.....  well at least in a few weeks we can watch the B's defend their title while the Patriots try to win one.....  lets all look at the up side here..... We know we are good... We just play like the bad news bears.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I am not Tito, but if I were, Lackey would never have come out for the 5th inning. Not one other major league manage would have let him out there, either.
    What is this nonsense about "getting the decision?" This guy (Tito) has to go after this year---win or lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Ask if any of the position players can pitch...cause the pitchers they have clearly can't.  the problem they have is all about starting pitching.  Could they actually play a game where they aren't losing 3 or 4 to nothing right out of the gate??
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]
    Pedey would be pretty intimidating to see on the mound. And every other position players have bad arms. I knew we should've kept hall and green! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

"What we have here...is a failure to execute".
    "You have to get UR mind right".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Have them watch "Miracle" about the US Hockey Team. You know, the movie they released in 2004. Then there was that other team in 2004...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Hey as a Yankee hater I enjoyed that 2004 series as much as anyone who wasn't a full on Sox fan (I root for Atlanta), but never compare a pro sports team to the 1980 US Olympic hockey team... greatest upset in sports history (when you compare both the talent and the stage on which they were playing) The "Miracle on Ice" was the most amazing sports moment in American sports history (and BOS & NYY fans were rooting for the same team!!) Sorry, the post was good Kim... I just have that '80 team on a pedestal...this IS a Sox board..my bad :0)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I am not Tito, but if I were, Lackey would never have come out for the 5th inning. Not one other major league manage would have let him out there, either. What is this nonsense about "getting the decision?" This guy (Tito) has to go after this year---win or lose.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

What amazes me is Lackey was ticked off he was taken out.

Fans got it right and gave him a barrage of boos.  I've been a big supporter of Lackey and I still have hope for him but this is getting ridiculous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The 1980 team only had to be the Soviets once - at home.

The 2004 Sox had to beat the yankees 4 straight game in 4 straight nights- the last 2 games on the road - and in the first 2 games had to beat one of the greatest closers in history, twice, on consecutive nights.