This is EXACTLY what the Cubs compensation should be for Theo....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

This is EXACTLY what the Cubs compensation should be for Theo....

Forget the draft picks or some marginal major / minor league players. The Red Sox should tell the Cubs they can sign Theo and the compensation is that the Cubs HAVE TO TAKE JOHN LACKEY AND CARL CRAWFORD with him! That gives Theo two of "his guys" to be cornerstones (haha) for the Cubs, and frees up about 37M dollars a year for the Sox. Dont laugh, the Cubs are also free spenders and may just jump at this!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: This is EXACTLY what the Cubs compensation should be for Theo....

Pie in the Sky notion, the Cubs would never do this. And I can totally see that tounge in your cheek.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Don't give up on Crawford yet.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: This is EXACTLY what the Cubs compensation should be for Theo....:
    Don't give up on Crawford yet.  
    Posted by soxmeister

Agree with you about Crawford.  He just had a bad year.  I predict that he will have a good year next season and Red Sox fans will be happy that he is a member of the Red Sox.  At least I will remain optimistic about Carl until next season.  I was very happy when the Red Sox signed him and still believe he was a good addition to this team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Crawford will bounce back, but he'll never live up to that contract, and some people won't ever let him forget it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Crawford is a high paid professional baseball player and there was no excuse for his lousy play.  guys getting paid like him aren't given a free pass.  He was signed to produce and he didn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the Cubs are stupid enough to want Theo maybe there is hope they would take some of his horrific acquisitions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: This is EXACTLY what the Cubs compensation should be for Theo....:
    Crawford is a high paid professional baseball player and there was no excuse for his lousy play.  guys getting paid like him aren't given a free pass.  He was signed to produce and he didn't.
    Posted by MichFan

I agree, but it wasn't his fault that Theo blew the second best contract offer out of the water.  Craw didn't have to take the dosh, but ask yourself if you'd leave 35 mil on the table to play elsewhere. 

Look, I agree that he has to produce and the buck stops with him. But the point is that even if he produced at or above his career best numbers he will still be overpaid.  Will some unreasonale fans let him off the hook if he hits .290, 18 home runs and steals 35 bases?  Likely no, they'll look at the contract and exopect the best LF in the game, an excpectation set by the contact. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Next year we will see what Crawford can do.   The Sox need him to play like he did on the Rays, end of story.  Giving up on him would be a mistake.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

the real compensation we should get is Jeff samardzija the hard throwing young reliever, if they truely want theo a good young middle reliver should not be to much to ask and if things don't work out Samardzija could always take ochocino's spot with the pats. but seriously I think a great target for compensation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

OK if this is pie in the sky lets say Theo has to take Lackey and the last year of Dice K with him saving us 25M in one year.

Sections
Shortcuts