This is for all those who believe it is more important to send players down to the minors just to add control time later in their careers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

First I am not advocating any player to be added to the Major League roster. If a player is ready to play in the major leagues and there is a roster spot open it would be in their best interest to promote that player. My main reasoning is that no one can predict the future and any injuries or illnesses that may occur. Take for example Ryan Westmorland, Who was our top prospect a few years ago. He got sick and now has no hope of ever playing Major League baseball. The Sox may have had a couple of years of service before Ryan had to retire giving both the team and Ryan an experience of fulfillment Now all we can do is wonder what we missed. How many players were high on the list of prospects only to be forced out due to injuries?

Of course if the team doesn’t feel that the player is ready now, that is a horse of a different color. I also believe that any speculation by fans regarding player readiness is just that, speculation.  For most of us we do not see the intangibles that separate the good players from the mediocre ones. Even a player like Willie Mo Pena and Phil Plantier had moments of brilliance which caused a stir within Red Sox nation till reality set in. For me, I will let management determine who and when because if they fail they could lose their job. This makes them the best judge of talent. If they are wrong they will be gone and the next in place will take over.  

One more thing I would like to address, bashing players because they are struggling is just plain wrong! Players are human like most of us are and are subject to the laws of life that puts individuals on a roller coaster spinning through life. One bad thing that happens and today’s fan wants to be the first to spread the news and then the little problem balloons and the pressure becomes too much for that player to be at his peak efficiency level. We as fans can be more productive if we lend support and encouragement to those we root for. The reason for booing is to show dissatisfaction with the effort of the player, not a player who is in a slump and certainly not for a player who is hurting and still working to help the team win. We as fans have must shoulder part of the blame for the constant pressure we put on the players. THIS IS A GAME lets enjoy it for a change!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Welcome back, Burrito T-!

Are you expecteing a big year from Ellspuff, in his contract year?  I'll bet he shows up for work and stays off the DL, with sore ribs and sore shoulder and boo boos not withstanding.

The big question is.....  How will Stiffy RE-FRAME the debate on Ells after he tears it up this year, replicating his production from 2011???

He won't be able to make the rediculous claim that Ells was "protected" at the 1 SPOT (NO seriously folks, THE ONE SPOT) by the likes of Papi, A-Gon, Pedey, etc....  hitting well after him.

So, how will he Re-Frame the issue when Ells. has another career making year?

THE BEST PART is watching Stiffy play the FOOL again, and have no clue he's doing so  :) 

I LOVE IT!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Welcome back, Burrito T-!

Are you expecteing a big year from Ellspuff, in his contract year?  I'll bet he shows up for work and stays off the DL, with sore ribs and sore shoulder and boo boos not withstanding.

The big question is.....  How will Stiffy RE-FRAME the debate on Ells after he tears it up this year, replicating his production from 2011???

He won't be able to make the rediculous claim that Ells was "protected" at the 1 SPOT (NO seriously folks, THE ONE SPOT) by the likes of Papi, A-Gon, Pedey, etc....  hitting well after him.

THE BEST PART is watching Stiffy play the FOOL again, and have no clue he's doing so  :) 

I LOVE IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He'll find a way. One year he boasted Crisp was better, because at the time, he was leading the league in triples, so he'll find something. I think that might have even been May of 2011.  (LOL)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He'll find a way. One year he boasted Crisp was better, because at the time, he was leading the league in triples, so he'll find something. I think that might have even been May of 2011.  (LOL)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to taz1956's comment:

First I am not advocating any player to be added to the Major League roster. If a player is ready to play in the major leagues and there is a roster spot open it would be in their best interest to promote that player. My main reasoning is that no one can predict the future and any injuries or illnesses that may occur. Take for example Ryan Westmorland, Who was our top prospect a few years ago. He got sick and now has no hope of ever playing Major League baseball. The Sox may have had a couple of years of service before Ryan had to retire giving both the team and Ryan an experience of fulfillment Now all we can do is wonder what we missed. How many players were high on the list of prospects only to be forced out due to injuries?

Of course if the team doesn’t feel that the player is ready now, that is a horse of a different color. I also believe that any speculation by fans regarding player readiness is just that, speculation.  For most of us we do not see the intangibles that separate the good players from the mediocre ones. Even a player like Willie Mo Pena and Phil Plantier had moments of brilliance which caused a stir within Red Sox nation till reality set in. For me, I will let management determine who and when because if they fail they could lose their job. This makes them the best judge of talent. If they are wrong they will be gone and the next in place will take over.  

One more thing I would like to address, bashing players because they are struggling is just plain wrong! Players are human like most of us are and are subject to the laws of life that puts individuals on a roller coaster spinning through life. One bad thing that happens and today’s fan wants to be the first to spread the news and then the little problem balloons and the pressure becomes too much for that player to be at his peak efficiency level. We as fans can be more productive if we lend support and encouragement to those we root for. The reason for booing is to show dissatisfaction with the effort of the player, not a player who is in a slump and certainly not for a player who is hurting and still working to help the team win. We as fans have must shoulder part of the blame for the constant pressure we put on the players. THIS IS A GAME lets enjoy it for a change!

Taz, I agree with some of your general points, but I suggest being more concise in making them, especially in giving your thread a title.  I don't know if you've realized it yet, but there is some sort of glitch in the system that makes it difficult for users to recognize that they've posted after they click, "Add your post" when the thread title is long.  This leads to the multiple posts that you see on your thread.  You might consider copying and pasting (and editing) your post onto another thread with a pithier title.  This may entice more posters to want to engage in this discussion. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The arb clock is a factor that must be considered, but not the only factor or even the most important, IMO. These things have to be decided on a case-by-case basis. I'm pretty certain that if Jackie Bradley does not start the season in Boston, the reason will not be the arb clock.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with Ryan Westmoreland, however. Would you advocate calling someone like Deven Marrero or Blake Swihart or Henry Owens up to Boston right now because, I don't know, something out of the blue might happen to derail their careers in the future? That's silly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The arb clock is a factor that must be considered, but not the only factor or even the most important, IMO. These things have to be decided on a case-by-case basis. I'm pretty certain that if Jackie Bradley does not start the season in Boston, the reason will not be the arb clock.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with Ryan Westmoreland, however. Would you advocate calling someone like Deven Marrero or Blake Swihart or Henry Owens up to Boston right now because, I don't know, something out of the blue might happen to derail their careers in the future? That's silly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

No matter what we believe or what you believe is right ,it's up to management to decide whats best. If you owned the team would you listen to us... lol      Next time don't vent so much.Makes you look like your going in circles. bla bla bla.....LOL LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

No matter what we believe or what you believe is right ,it's up to management to decide whats best. If you owned the team would you listen to us... lol      Next time don't vent so much.Makes you look like your going in circles. bla bla bla.....LOL LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Sections
Shortcuts