This in from the Globe Staff, no name attached: 
"The so-called aces of the Red Sox staff have had subpar seasons so far — Beckett with his first-inning problems and Lester with his overall poor pitching. The Sox need them to turn their seasons around if the team is to go anywhere in October".

As one can read the highly perceptive Globe Staff is on the ball as usual with up to date accurate reporting. LOL !! And the staff is just noticing both Lester and Beckett haven't been exactly lights out of late. 

Sorry, for those who think I'm trolling or picking on Beckett and Lester, I'm not. Just having a bit of fun at the expense of the Globe Staff, whoever they might be. Next they'll be reporting the Bruins didn't win the Stanley Cup last year, and notice on the front page of the Red Sox section the up to date article from many millenia ago, "Inside the Red Sox Collapse". Not sure how many times I've written to the Globe to delete old out of date articles, but they just don't seem to get it. 

Don't get me wrong. There are a few writers for the Globe I respect but the Globe as Bostons main source of news has a largely poor quality staff of writers. 

Just my out of date observation. Out of date comments always welcome. Even from you TrotterNixon. 

Hetch